Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Replace iPad Air 2 128gb with a used 2nd gen iPad Pro 10.5" 512gb?

I have pretty much run out of RAM on my iPad Air 2 128gb, also it's getting kind'a long in the tooth as far as processor speed. Would a used 2nd gen iPad Pro 10.5" 512gb be enough of a memory increase and processor improvement to warrant buying it?

There is one selling on my local Craigslist (with AppleCare+ coverage until March 2020) original owner, one year old, excellent condition, and I can buy it for the equivalent of $425 US.

I live in Canada and I've done the conversion for the convenience of my American pals, also bear in mind that even with the exchange rate conversation, iPad prices are somewhat higher in Canada.

Comments

• That is a good deal. I would go for it if it comes with some assurances. For a craigslist buy it can be risky. Can you test in person first? Check battery life and screen condition, etc?

• Sure I can test it first, we are going to meet at Starbucks, if all goes well.

• Oh and your actual question: YES, the ram, processor, space, screen size are all very nice improvements if you ask me. Even the built-in speakers are mind-blowing for a 6.1mm device.

• Great Hmtx, wish me luck!

• edited August 2019

Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Great price.

• Great device,i love mine.Have closer look at the screen though (google "ipad pro 10 5 white spot").

• Hi Crabman, I'll look-see as per the white spot and LinearLineman, you wouldn't be an electrician by chance, would you?

• Yum! Yah I bought 10.5 256gig with pencil around six months ago. The dude met me at the Apple store and had a geek look it over for me. No issues, perfect condition, barely used.

Anyway, yah that is a great deal, hope it works out for you!

• I have both an iPad Air 2 and a 2nd gen 12.9” Pro and yes definitely it is worth it. The iPad Air 2 has a lot of trouble getting things done. I’ve been using the iPad Air 2 a lot lately since I’m on the iPadOS Beta with it and I just find I can barely do 3 things at once with it in general. The performance has pretty much been the same since iOS 11.

If you are buying used, make sure there are no Apple IDs signed into iCloud!! If it’s at the fresh install hello screen take it through and make sure there is no activation lock message.

• I went the same way few months back except that my iPad air 2 was 64gb. If the 10.5' pro you're planning to buy is in good condition, just go for it, really good price. You will clearly feel the difference for music (and everything else).
    NB : I had to use my air2 the other day, and to be fair to it, it is still a really nice piece of device, a keeper.

• The step up from air 2 to 10.5 pro is very noticeable and almost instantly gratifying. My only concern with buying used is battery condition, because I personally wear the shit out of my iOS devices. (My current 10.5 Pro is still a champ when it comes to holding battery though, almost 3 years later)

• I went from an Air 2 to the 10.5 Pro, no regrets at all. The 10.5 is probably the best iPad for music. I have an iPhone XR which has the newer A12 CPU, and it crackles when I run the Ravenscroft piano on it, whereas the iPad Pro 10.5 with the older A11 CPU doesn't.

• Purchased and very pleased, particularly the 512gb and large screen!

• Congrats...just to make you feel even better, I bought my Pro2 256 used in Istanbul for $750! Only ninety days old, tho. You will love it!

• edited August 2019

Dumb question I suppose, but now that I have my new iPad, how do I get all my apps to be on both of them at the same time? I have no data I want to transfer to the new iPad, but I would like the desktop of them both to be the same, with all the apps in the same locations in the same folders. I did let the two iPads talk to each other so I did not have to set the new one up manually, and I have not updated to the latest iOS (running 12.0.1), and there was some sort of prompt to load data from iCloud or iTunes, but I did not follow that prompt, because I do not want to load any data from my old iPad to my new iPad. I just want everything to be the same as far the apps go, on both my iPads.

Why has Apple made things so complicated with all this iCloud and iTunes and proprietary connectors nonsense, when all I want to do is load software I've been using on my old iPad to my new iPad? Hell, I could do this with my eyes closed when setting up two PC's to be the same.

Something to do with family sharing?

Which reminds me, somehow my new iPad ended up with photos, from where I do not know. Isn't there some way I can shut off all that iCrap auto-backup nonsense? Hell, if I want something backed then up I'll back it up, and if I don't want something backed up, then I won't back it up.

Which reminds me, what's the best-simplest way to manage files on the iPad itself? There does not seem to be a directory structure like a PC. And I assume ifunbox is a good choice if you hate all that invasive, proprietary, bloated iTunes / iCloud nonsense?

• edited August 2019

Others can give more accurate advice, but did you sign in your new iPad with your Apple ID? You should just be able to download your purchased apps from the App Store. No?
    That should also erase the previous owners backup (I think).

• I signed in my new iPad with my Apple ID by letting the two iPads talk to each other wirelessly, so I did not have to set the new one up manually. I'm pretty sure I have to set up Family Sharing in order to have the content appear automatically in the Purchased tab in iTunes.

• edited August 2019

@puppychumful said:

Which reminds me, what's the best-simplest way to manage files on the iPad itself? There does not seem to be a directory structure like a PC. And I assume ifunbox is a good choice if you hate all that invasive, proprietary, bloated iTunes / iCloud nonsense?

iPad OS, coming next month will change all of this so best to just get it and see how it works. iFunbox can have quirks and issues depending on your PC. iMazing is great but you have to pay and again I think it may be obsolete next month to a certain extent.

• That's wonderful to know, iPad OS it will be then!