Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why do some ABF threads get deleted?

124»

Comments

• @mannix said:
    Domain Name: audiob.us

So law of US apply, not law of EU. Therefore, deletion of individual posts is courtesy, or considered decision of forum owner.

• edited August 2019

I love the abstract direction this topic has taken, and now I have a few challenges to your transient squatters VS cultural incubator metaphor @oat_phipps

1. Moderators are the janitors, not landlords - they don't get to choose how this place is decorated. We do.

2. The building may be empty, but the richness of our collective experiences and perspectives is not. We are united by a love of music and technology, but just like anyone attempting to create art ('culture') we are also wrestling with topics of identity, meaning, purpose, society. Politics can never be extricated from the creative process.

3. Any community of creative people, such as this, however informally it is assembled, will eventually ask new questions, or develop new ideas that are of cultural significance. Being able to preserve this is important, and seeing the wrong turns we took and ugliness along the way that we worked through is important too.

Believe it or not, some of the threads and comments I've read in my relatively short time on this forum have already caused me to see things with new perspective, rethink long-held assumptions, question my own ego and even identify deep-rooted prejudice. You might not expect to find this kind of profundity in a forum that is ostensibly about 'apps and music tech' and yet, it's there nonetheless.

Whether or not we realise it, any type of online community such as this does in fact have a degree of cultural and historical significance and value. Every word we post sculpts the shape of this massive amorphous object we call a forum. And I'd like to think that every once in a while, these discussions lead to subtle but powerful philosophical ideas about life, community, art, culture, politics and meaning.

Maybe I'm just a deluded dreamer.

• @tk32 said:
    I love the abstract direction this topic has taken, and now I have a few challenges to your transient squatters VS cultural incubator metaphor @oat_phipps

1. Moderators are the janitors, not landlords - they don't get to choose how this place is decorated. We do.

2. The building may be empty, but the richness of our collective experiences and perspectives is not. We are united by a love of music and technology, but just like anyone attempting to create art ('culture') we are also wrestling with topics of identity, meaning, purpose, society. Politics can never be extricated from the creative process.

3. Any community of creative people, such as this, however informally it is assembled, will eventually ask new questions, or develop new ideas that are of cultural significance. Being able to preserve this is important, and seeing the wrong turns we took and ugliness along the way that we worked through is important too.

Believe it or not, some of the threads and comments I've read in my relatively short time on this forum have already caused me to see things with new perspective, rethink long-held assumptions, question my own ego and even identify deep-rooted prejudice. You might not expect to find this kind of profundity in a forum that is ostensibly about 'apps and music tech' and yet, it's there nonetheless.

Whether or not we realise it, any type of online community such as this does in fact have a degree of cultural and historical significance and value. Every word we post sculpts the shape of this massive amorphous object we call a forum. And I'd like to think that every once in a while, these discussions lead to subtle but powerful philosophical ideas about life, community, art, culture, politics and meaning.

Yet to have compassion for a individual’s wishes is not allowed?

• @tk32 said:

Like John Lennon, you not only one. :)

UnoWoo lurk for long time. See that most people here are good people, love music and tech, as you say. Help each other.

Few people here for argument. Like all social media. Some topics no point in argument, as no minds will be changed. Other topic, can be discussed. We all learn.

• Do the two have be mutually exclusive @[Deleted User] ?

I'm all in favour of compassion, but surely you don't need to tear down the whole building just because someone hit their head on a cupboard door.

If I say something stupid -- which this analogy (above) may very well turn out to be -- I have to live with it.

Surely there's a way we can preserve compassion without deleting whole threads - or other types of censorship?

• @tk32 said:
    Do the two have be mutually exclusive @[Deleted User] ?

I'm all in favour of compassion, but surely you don't need to tear down the whole building just because someone hit their head on a cupboard door.

If I say something stupid -- which this analogy (above) may very well turn out to be -- I have to live with it.

Surely there's a way we can preserve compassion without deleting whole threads - or other types of censorship?

There is never a perfect solution, the best way is to take each case on its own and use compassion. Maybe there is a better technical way to solve such situations and im not against that. When it gets into judging other people characters and beliefs we have to be careful not to brand a person as ‘something’ just because we interpreted what they say as certain stereotype.

I like you to dream about greatness 👍. Im more concerned for a individual who is harmed by incorrect accusations.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@tk32 said:

There is never a perfect solution, the best way is to take each case on its own and use compassion. Maybe there is a better technical way to solve such situations and im not against that. When it gets into judging other people characters and beliefs we have to be careful not to brand a person as ‘something’ just because we interpreted what they say as certain stereotype.

I like you to dream about greatness 👍. Im more concerned for a individual who is harmed by incorrect accusations.

Totally agree!!

@tk32 in this case the moderator, I believe, is the landlord. We are here because he, and only he, has provided and pays for this platform. It is great to discuss this philosophically, and that possibility for any subject here, in an interesting way, is what makes me want to be a participating member. We can discuss this, even reiterate was said about sexism. But we needn’t call out a good guy for couching what was, undoubtedly, an innocent musing in what “we” think is improper verbiage.

Some of you may recall the cartoonish vilification of moi over the “your, you’re” post I made some time ago. Well, it certainly wasn’t being called a sexist, but the colorful criticism of my “ignorant” audacity still hurt quite a bit (also a bit uncharacteristic of forum behavior) and I said so. Then weeks later, for whatever reason, someone revived the damn thing! Haunted and pursued when best left forgotten. And this was about grammar and the difficulties of hitting an apostrophe on an iPhone. So I can appreciate when someone, especially when he thinks he is not in the wrong, would like to see a misunderstanding disappear. Yes, as a philosophical discussion great, but in this case. I believe, the landlord was right.

And please, @ExAsperis99, reconstruct and repost your cogent thoughts for posterity so we can move on. Beyond your comments the remarks were generally pretty hohum, IMO.

• @tk32 said:

If a thread title and main topic is hurtful to a member of the community, I don't honestly see any value in preserving the thread even if inside of that thread there was some worthwhile discussion. The worthwhile part of the discussion would happen again.

Sometimes, it is just the decent thing to do.

Deleting such a thread isn't tearing the building down.

There have been isolated incidents where threads have been deleted. There isn't some trend towards censorship. Let's not act like this is some slippery slope towards arbitrary censorship.

• Damn, I really hoped this thread had run its course...

Yeah, I know... Blame me! :wink:

• @gusgranite said:
    Damn, I really hoped this thread had run its course...

can somebody delete this thread now... or close it... whatever! :D :D :D

• @Suboidua said:

@gusgranite said:

Just stop posting! Lol

• @gusgranite said:

@Suboidua said:

@gusgranite said:

Just stop posting! Lol

I think the key to getting a thread deleted is to post more.

• @AudioGus said:

This is just hilarious, Booboo Trump or Trump Booboo :D

• @AudioGus said:

@gusgranite said:

@Suboidua said:

@gusgranite said:

Just stop posting! Lol

😂😂😂😂🤦🏾‍♂️

• edited August 2019

Double deletion would be great!
    Edit: I think we need to preserve that video 🤣😂🤣😂😆

• Not until @Michael weighs in! 🤣🤣🤣

(jk)

• edited August 2019

That’s the other good thing about this forum....

Whenever someone (‘me’) ventures off into a chin-stroking self-indulgent soliloquoy about the cultural heritage of a music app forum...

You can bet there’ll soon be a meme, video, joke or GIF posted to remind the us all not to take any of this shit too seriously.

Thanks for kicking my daydreaming ass :)

• Guys. There is no spoon...

• Whoot! 2 for 1 special today...