Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why do some ABF threads get deleted?

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    @supadom ... Ignore Wife... Ignore Life.

and of course Ignore Self!

• @supadom said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @supadom ... Ignore Wife... Ignore Life.

and of course Ignore Self!

Don’t forget Ignore Aunts (sic) !

• edited August 2019

It's time to delete this thread...

deleteception

:trollface:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@gusgranite said:
    @dendy I noticed one of Win Conway’s threads got deleted on the NS2 forum as well. Win made some really great technical points in that thread that in my view should not have been deleted from public view.

Maybe this thread will be deleted also and no one will ever know that I chose to share a public opinion on this matter... 😉

I asked for my account to be removed because one of the moderators took huge offence because I made this statement "A large portion of IOS users are too lazy or uneducated to deal with file management" which is a completely true statement, but apparently it was enough to close a thread, that is not a forum I personally want anything to do with, there is nothing impolite or rude about that factual statement.

@dendy had nothing to do with it and is trying to change the reputation of that forum, good luck to him too :)

No, I politely asked you to keep your comments respectful to others. I don’t think that counts as ”huge offence”.

• Can you guys take your NS2 slap fight elsewhere?

• I often hear it is not necessary to read books on parenting, but I read a book on parenting once. They explained what happens when kids see their parents argue. They explained how parents who try to hide arguments do the kids just as much a disservice as parents who constantly argue in front of them. The solution? Just that. Let the kids see the solution When children see their parents argue and resolve the argument? Voila.

While this doesn’t match up cleanly since none of us are parents to each other, the internet has an interesting sort of dominating effect on our ideas. There are more participants on the sidelines watching forums than there are active posters. So there are boys and men who would have seen OPs post and thought nothing of it, but would have seen the many excellent examples (albeit from men) challenging the nature of the question. There are woman who see this as the male dominated industry it is and maybe have some hope that it could change thanks to those challenging voices.

Conflict is not the problem. You cannot avoid it. You cannot sanitize it. People need to see how conflict is worked through.

If the devs wanted the thread gone, I guess one would have to be more sympathetic. Although I’d wonder where the real harm is done in googling a woman’s name and seeing a thread debating her involvement. Only makes the questioners look silly.

But OP getting to erase it for suspicious reasons (IMO) feels like erasure of reality. But maybe some people don’t come to the internet for that. But for others, reality is all they see.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Damn. We really need some new releases or updates to post about.

This with extra this.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@d4d0ug said:

This with extra this.

The BM3 update to unite the five tribes will be delivered by months end.

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@d4d0ug said:

This with extra this.

I noticed you didn't say which month....

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Pagefall name was the title of a poem that @pagefall had written previously @Suboidua
    There were some good responses but some depressing ones in there also.
    This is one of the last safe havens of the internet and hopefully that won't change!

thanks @BlueGreenSpiral, i knew there is a poetic meaning behind it.

@d4d0ug said:

totally true and not just fx (reverb, delay, etc.) apps, i have enough of that. :P

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@d4d0ug said:

This with extra this.

I'm optimistic, not stupid...

• @d4d0ug said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@d4d0ug said:

This with extra this.

Bring it on I say. I’m guessing even developers need to go on holidays, so lets hope they bring back some nice presents.

I've been promised a souvenir keyring (that detects itself).

• @LinearLineman said:
    @greengrocer, thanks for the clarification. Most of us have our email addresses in our profiles... I think. Maybe time to delete mine. I feel a hankering to be ornery.

AFAIK this is not the case. All profiles I for some reason checked in the past hadn't an email address. Maybe it's because you have mod privileges so that's why you can see them. But maybe I'm wrong and some of the members have indeed their email in the open. Maybe a good thing to start hide them asap for privacy reasons

@mannix said:

btw I fully respect the right to be forgotten, but everyone should know that the internet forgets nothing. I hope that more people just will forgive people that made mistakes. Only idiotics make cases of things people said 10 years ago and proven that they change their lives. Unfortunately it seems these idiots seem to get more and more power.

This! How can we live in a world where your life can destroyed for a remark you made years ago. Most people can change if you take that possibilty away we're on a dead track.

• @AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@d4d0ug said:

This with extra this.

I'm optimistic, not stupid...

😂😂😂😂😂 Smart man!!!

• @greengrocer, my mistake. Revealing your email on the profile is an option.

• @tk32 said:

I've been promised a souvenir keyring (that detects itself).

I almost chuckled to death

• No argument, just question. Where is AB Forum server in world? If in US, then EU law could not be enforced. Only matter of courtesy, yes?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@d4d0ug said:

This with extra this.

Or year...

• edited August 2019

@UnoWoo said:
    No argument, just question. Where is AB Forum server in world? If in US, then EU law could not be enforced. Only matter of courtesy, yes?

Domain Name: audiob.us
    Registry Domain ID: D34647233-US
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Registrar URL: whois.godaddy.com
    IP Address 104.28.0.24 - 543 other sites hosted on this server
    IP Location United States - California - San Francisco - Cloudflare Inc.
    ASN United States AS13335 CLOUDFLARENET - Cloudflare, Inc., US (registered Jul 14, 2010)

The domain is shielded by cloudflare. So I can't exactly see where it is hosted.
    .us domains stand for United States. us domainnames officially have to be hosted by companies that have their servers in the US. As soon as the US authorities find out it isn't they will immediately withdraw the domain. So I assume it is hosted in the US. In any case even if the server that hosts the website is in the EU the EU has no legal control over it since it's an illegal hosted US server.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I don't often find these matters vexatious but when I do I like to listen to a rabbit chewing watermelon. I find it calms me down some.

You rule my world !

• @JanKun said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I don't often find these matters vexatious but when I do I like to listen to a rabbit chewing watermelon. I find it calms me down some.

You rule my world !

This would apply to The Death Of Melody thread as well. Bravo 👏

• edited August 2019

It amazes me that topics like this have to be addressed in full and there has to be a full-on debate about it. I feel for moderators. My god! It's a music forum on a crevice of the internet. Appreciate it for what it is and the outlet and benefit it provides. If you think history in whatever miniscule amount will be affected by an internet internet (sic) re-archive of a forum that omits some things that actually happened. Y'all silly.

• @JanKun said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

You rule my world !

That rabbit had to be exhausted at the end of that! Bravo!

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@oat_phipps said:
    It amazes me that topics like this have to be addressed in full and there has to be a full-on debate about it. I feel for moderators. My god! It's a music forum on a crevice of the internet. Appreciate it for what it is and the outlet and benefit it provides. If you think history in whatever miniscule amount will be affected by an internet internet (sic) re-archive of a forum that omits some things that actually happened. Y'all silly.

Well said. The only thing more mystifying to me than this thread is that I actually have read all of it. No wait, that I’ve now commented on it is beyond bizarre to me. Lord save me! :s

• @oat_phipps said:

Not silly. History is a collective. It’s not one thing or a hundred but all of the above. It’s also a concern what people see right now that will affect them in the future. It’s a ripple effect. I have feeling if you were the victim of an offense the erasure wouldn’t seem insignificant. No forum is an isolated experience because musicians always bring more than music. Try creating and incubator anywhere on the internet and see what happens.

I’m happy that this forum exists on a macro level. I’d rather consider it a useful barometer than an insignificant one.

• @DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

Not silly. History is a collective. It’s not one thing or a hundred but all of the above. It’s also a concern what people see right now that will affect them in the future. It’s a ripple effect. I have feeling if you were the victim of an offense the erasure wouldn’t seem insignificant. No forum is an isolated experience because musicians always bring more than music. Try creating and incubator anywhere on the internet and see what happens.

I’m happy that this forum exists on a macro level. I’d rather consider it a useful barometer than an insignificant one.

I think where we fundamentally disagree is that I don't view the forum as some institution that is responsible for representing all of its members. It's just an empty building we all crouch in, maybe split a bean in the alley, all while the wife is away or work is boring or there's a lonely night. Landlord wants to paint over that shitty Elvis mural in the den? Then landlord paints over the mural. The house is still squattable.

• @oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

I think where we fundamentally disagree is that I don't view the forum as some institution that is responsible for representing all of its members. It's just an empty building we all crouch in, maybe split a bean in the alley, all while the wife is away or work is boring or there's a lonely night. Landlord wants to paint over that shitty Elvis mural in the den? Then landlord paints over the mural. The house is still squattable.

We actually do agree. Because I do not think a forum is an institution that is responsible for representing all its members. But I do not see it as a house or a building. It’s is not a private dwelling nor a corporate one. There are no walls. To me it is a large yard. Everyone can see inside the yard but not everyone is in the yard. To me the yard means nothing. The people mean everything. The yard does not represent the people nor does the person who owns the yard. To me, if they’re not responsible for representing then they’re not responsible for sanitizing either.

But maybe that’s just me.