Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How is the auto-tune in Vocal Harmonizer from 4pockets

Does this thing work good as a auto tuner or is it best for harmonizing?!

Comments

• Strictly ok

• It can 'force' the pitch of the incoming audio to any key, note or notes and can also be controlled by incoming midi.
    For the most part I see it as a 'creative effect' but sure it can pitch the voice and tune it to key if needed.

There should be a few videos about it on YouTube and Doug also used in in one of his live-streams to mess up his voice :)

• Im mostly interesting if its good on vocals. I saw those two vids on YT but they where auto tuning Maria Carey :) not a normalguy-trying-to-fix-his-bad-vocals :blush:

• @marcuspresident said:
    Im mostly interesting if its good on vocals. I saw those two vids on YT but they where auto tuning Maria Carey :) not a normalguy-trying-to-fix-his-bad-vocals :blush:

That is what Doug did in the live-stream but I think it was mainly for the 4Pockets reverb...

• It can pitch my voice to a set key or note even when speaking normally...
    (I just love to transpose my voice down 5 semitones or so).

• @Samu said:
    It can pitch my voice to a set key or note even when speaking normally...

:) Transpose it down and you can take the job immediately as a voice-over actor aka Morgan Freeman :)

• @marcuspresident said:

@Samu said:
    It can pitch my voice to a set key or note even when speaking normally...

:) Transpose it down and you can take the job immediately as a voice-over actor aka Morgan Freeman :)

Lol, that's what Doug did in the video 'DJ Doug'.

Since I already had 4Pockets Harmonic Exciter I completed the Vocalist 1 bundle and practically got De-Esser or Vocal Harmonizer for free :)

• I only bought it a couple of days ago and haven't thoroughly tested it but my initial results were quite warbly and anything past a semitone sounded too comical to be useful. Unless comedy music is your schtick..

• I find that it alters the character of the voice unfortunately. I won't rule out user error though.

• @hisdudeness said:
    Strictly ok

This ☝️

So far the best auto tuner I’ve used on iOS unfortunately is in GarageBand. The Auto tune app is to glitchy and noisey when used with an interface and 4pockets is ‘strictly ok’

• Bummer. I was hoping it would be better.
    Does the harmonizer part work pretty good, or is it a little ‘meh’ as well?

• Well, it’s not this time yet we’ll have a decent autotune app on iOS. Still waiting for Celemony/Antares/Waves.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@hisdudeness said:
    Strictly ok

This ☝️

So far the best auto tuner I’ve used on iOS unfortunately is in GarageBand. The Auto tune app is to glitchy and noisey when used with an interface and 4pockets is ‘strictly ok’

Yes. Exactly