Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS Output Device Settings

I wish iOS had output device settings like on macOS. I hate that when I plug in something that sends audio, it routes all the audio to that device. If I have an audio interface plugged and then I plug in an HDMI cable, the audio out switches to the HDMI. I know the workaround is to plug in whatever device I want audio to be sent to last.
If iOS had a setting where I could select which device I wanted my input and outputs to be then everything would be much better. Same goes for the inputs. I know I'm not alone in this and I feel like it could be something to implement but I'm no developer and or coder. Thoughts?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    I wish iOS had output device settings like on macOS. I hate that when I plug in something that sends audio, it routes all the audio to that device. If I have an audio interface plugged and then I plug in an HDMI cable, the audio out switches to the HDMI. I know the workaround is to plug in whatever device I want audio to be sent to last.
    If iOS had a setting where I could select which device I wanted my input and outputs to be then everything would be much better. Same goes for the inputs. I know I'm not alone in this and I feel like it could be something to implement but I'm no developer and or coder. Thoughts?

Yes, wouldn’t we all love that!

Unfortunately you’d need to take that one up with Apple though. It’s baked into the operating system, and impossible for any developer to circumvent.

• @wim said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Yes, wouldn’t we all love that!

Unfortunately you’d need to take that one up with Apple though. It’s baked into the operating system, and impossible for any developer to circumvent.

Yea I know. I didn’t mean to make it seem like an app developer could fix it. Just something that has irked me for a while.