Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Device Battery Charging habits

Battery charging

Device Battery charging
  1. Do you charge all the way to 100% ?33 votes
    1. Yes
      87.88%
    2. No
      12.12%
  2. When do you charge?33 votes
    1. When the battery is above 50%
      51.52%
    2. When the battery is bellow 50%
      48.48%
  3. Do you let the battery drain completely once per month?33 votes
    1. Yes
      15.15%
    2. No
      84.85%
  4. Do you just keep the device on the charger all the time and not care about the battery at all33 votes
    1. Yes
      21.21%
    2. No
      78.79%

Comments

• Before you invest any more energy in this: it's all completely irrelevant. Today's batteries and charging circuits take care of it and what you're referring to with your post is a problem from the very early days of battery technology.

• This is only thing you need to know, what is not stated here, is probably not relevant: https://www.apple.com/lae/batteries/maximizing-performance/

• So this is not an issue anymore?
    What about older devices?

People have totally different opinions about this, but which is correct and why?

• edited August 2019

@jolico the current battery chemistries (Lithium based) don't have most of the problems that older chemistries (mostly Nickel based) had, and the minimal lifetime gains you might be getting from "optimized" charging and usage patterns are not worth the hassle of constantly worrying what to do with your device and when :) Just use it! ™️ 😉

• @SevenSystems said:
    @jolico the current battery chemistries (Lithium based) don't have most of the problems that older chemistries (mostly Nickel based) had, and the minimal lifetime gains you might be getting from "optimized" charging and usage patterns are not worth the hassle of constantly worrying what to do with your device and when :) Just use it! ™️ 😉

I only really became aware that this was the case in the last year or so and have talked with several people who were still trying to follow outdated battery management practices. I guess old habits.. etc..

• Like others have said, batteries are much better now. But I’m also a monster who leaves my device plugged in the entire time I’m using it

• I do know that if you're on wifi or worse... mobile network, your battery will go down fast :lol:

• edited August 2019

David Lynch advised me to delete Messenger and my iPhone battery is lasting a lot longer now.

• I've done quite a bit of research on the subject and one of the more interesting facts is that regarding maximum lifetime, the optimum cell voltage of common LiPoly batteries has been found to be 3.92 Volts. Keeping temperatures and charge/discharge currents low helps extend battery life too. This does make quite a difference but if anybody would accept following these rather unpractical conditions is another question.

• @rs2000 said:
    Keeping temperatures and charge/discharge currents low helps extend battery life too. This does make quite a difference but if anybody would accept following these rather unpractical conditions is another question.

People today complain about 1.5 hours for a full charge being TOO SLOW, so you're probably right in your assumption ;)

• I recently spent an hour chatting with the guys at the repair shop were I was replacing the port for my old iPhone 7. They mentioned some of the stuff above, basically that it's not that big of an issue, extreme heat is the fastest way to wear out a battery, and the single best thing you can do to increase its life is to not let the battery completely drain. Leaving it plugged in is apparently not much of a problem any more, thanks to "smart" chargers etc.

That said, I had the iPhone 7 since the fall it was released, and used it enough to wear out the port, and the battery health said it still held about 90% of its capacity.

Compare that to the iPhone 8 I got about 18 months ago, which I use less over all, but gets completely drained often, and has a much faster charge rate; it is currently at 88%, which makes me think that keeping your phone from dying is the biggest single factor in keeping your battery at its maximum capacity.

p.s. The reason my phone dies more frequently now? Because if I am waiting somewhere without a charger, I am likely making music and I will turn off energy saver mode, as it tends to drastically decrease performance when using music making apps.

• “A.B.C.” …Always be charging!

• tjatja
    edited August 2019

Don't know why the options for charging are only below or above 50 percent.
    I charge at between 20 and 10 percent, when the device tells me that and charge up to 100.

Only later, when I cannot charge.
    Only earlier, when I know that I cannot charge again soo.

I also disabled the totally useless background activity.

On my iPhone 8, I use the same method and my battery health is at 94%, after about 2 years of heavy daily use and charging mostly two times per day.