Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aphex talks Rephlex

edited August 2019 in Other

Really like this interview, hope to see those early VHS recordings on YouTube someday!

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3509

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awesome read, thanks so much for sharing!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Really like this interview, hope to see those early VHS recordings on YouTube someday!

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3509

Thanks, look forward to reading this.

• Glad people are enjoying this!

There’s a link at the end of the page that leads to more Rephlex artists words and music. Was fortunate to catch the Dublin and Cork parties they did back then. A few of us got talking to RDJ and he did repeatedly ask us to send him music.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2019

Nice one @Max23

The 10 second vacuum cleaner switching off track at 24:45 brightened my afternoon!!

66% more bubbles 🤣

Haven’t heard this beauty for years

• The Bowgie was fun.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Was fortunate to catch the Dublin and Cork parties they did back then. A few of us got talking to RDJ and he did repeatedly ask us to send him music.

That’s amazing! What a great memory. Thanks for sharing the link, looking forward to reading it.

• edited August 2019

The Dublin gig was total chaos!

Bogdan fell on top of the table with his equipment, his set lasted about 45 seconds.
    Pretty sure Cylob performed wearing a banana costume.
    RDJ played something that caused a level of awkwardness I don't imagine I will witness again.

Many of the Rephlex crew played at a free beach party after which involved descending a mountainous path in total darkness. Recall a confused ambulance crew on the scene at some stage. Music was stopped to alert car owners that the tide had changed and vehicles were starting to float away. "Here comes the Sun" dropped at sunrise, very good times.

Have some Rephlex Cork stories too but need to double check my memory with some friends on a few of those. Might be some glitches in the Dublin memories also.

Edit: Very little information online about these gigs but I stumbled on this earlier

• Ahhhh, halcyon day’s ! REPHLEX was such a cool label, managed to retain its ‘undergroundness’ all through those years & almost always put out interesting stuff, played the marketing & promo game superbly. I can somehow recall at least three notable moments 😚 Think it was actually a WARP do, but witnessing RDJ djing from the balcony in the V&A museum courtyard was likely the most surreal occasion. The place was full of these ornate glass sculptures & priceless whatever's with all of this chaos kicking off in the area. Once saw him play right after a lengthy Hawkwind midnight set at a Brixton all nighter & he just had these pulsating green lights going with a nightmarish repetitive air raid siren, alarmed looking heads were soon pouring out into the foyer in search of refuge. Was a west end club called ‘The End’, somewhere near Centrpoint I think, it had one of the finest sound systems in London for a time. Rephlex night in there with RDJ, Tom Jenkinson et al was sonically stunning. There was also another occasion in a very large tent in a London park with the teddy bear costumes fighting it out but that one’s a bit murky 😂🤣😂

• Hawkwind fans fleeing from AFX is a nice mental image to start the day with!

Thanks very much for sharing your hazy recollections @Paul16