Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mozaic: Is It Worth It for the Non-Coder?

I love the idea of the app, but I'll never make my own plug-in. So two questions:
Are there valuable plug-ins that I could make use of, and is there a list of them?
And No. 2: Is this shabby behavior to use others' work with no intention of offering my own? (I suspect it is.)

Comments

• I'd say it depends (I don't have it, haven't seen the real need for it yet).
    There are plenty of ready made scripts that do various neat tricks, midi-remapping, advanced arpeggiators, loopers etc.

Here's some example scripts on what can be done...
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/

• 1) No, in my opinion. I'm impressed at the people who have put their creativity into it and am glad it's gotten a community response, but I've downloaded several patches, tested them out for fun, and never came back to use them.
    2) No, not at all. It's not a high school group project that's assigned to you. It's something you pay for with your summer job at the local hangar and can use as you see fit. In fact, to get the most out of it, you SHOULD take advantage of the community since otherwise you're just buying a note-taking app.

• It’s a great bit of kit , plenty of pre sets made available with wizards on here making more all the time ... well worth it and as a non coder myself , a way to dip into it n have a nosy n see what’s what n if i can understand it ... Fabulous not just as an instrument but a teaching tool to 😁 Hats off to Bram bos 😁 Nothing wrong with standing on the shoulders of giants 🎶 ... There is a list or a link somewhere on here to download those pre sets ... Think it’s on the Mozaic thread (I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong 😂)

• I brought it
    Downloaded a few made by the greats people on here.... Hell learned quite a lot
    Use some of the ones created
    Edited a few myself, so yes I think it's worth the money
    And it's only gonna get better
    If you're after something, the Wizards here might of already made it for you
    New things coming out all the time.
    Don't regret my purchase, and was also made by the iOS king brambos, so why not give it a try, your pennies might be helping to fund another awesome app soon to drop, which is bound to kick arse like all the others he has made.
    Not sucking up, but happy with everything he's made so far

• I agree with @Nicebutfun

Is it essential - NOT YET, but it may be later on, or you may have a specific itch you need scratched.

Is it worth buying if you're not a coder? - YES - it's like getting a new sequencer every few days for free

Is it ok to ride on other's coattails? - YES - I've made a career out of it ;)

• Yes, well not essential but one of my favs for doing all kinds of things with midi. I’m a noncoder and I really like it. All the mid filers, sequencers, generative scripts that other people make and share are on patchstorage.com you can download and use apps them inside mosaic. It’s like getting a new midi effect ap every time someone posts a new script.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    It’s like getting a new midi effect ap every time someone posts a new script.

Yes! And some are really nice too

• Resounding yes! Non-coder here. Use it daily. The manuals are detailed enough to learn it if you want to fall in too.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As a non-coder myself, I think it is completely worth it. I have Midi Designer 2 and only picked up Mozaic last week. How many times have I actually used MD2? I could count on 1 hand. How many Mozaic scripts did I download and play with this last week? 10-15.. and I'm only getting started. It looks like new scripts and updates are popping up fairly regularly too.

1. Valuable Scripts that you could use? - Hell Yeah! I was amazed at all the scripts that have been shared here. The Chordulator - (written by @wim I believe) was worth the price of admission alone. :) I'm sure you will find a few very useful scripts there. Go check 'em out..
    2. Hell No! I believe this is why Bram created this app. Coders can write a script that they really need for themselves.. think others may have a use for it? Share it.. Done + Done.. perhaps someone could improve the version they first shared.. I think that would be appealing as a coder.. have other coders check it out and get their take on it.. ideas bouncing around like a ping-pong delay.. :D Great community is building there already..

Who knows? At some point us non-coders could be so intrigued by a script that we may "take a look inside" and see how this thing works.. and then even try to tweak it OR start a simple script of our own.. stranger things have happened..

• My coding career has been largely cut and paste.

Buy, enjoy the fruits of others and support the Bos man.

• Yeah, lots of awesome people here make patches and share them and it’s like getting new midi plugins. Plus the code is really easy to read so if you explore the code in each patch, you start to piece together what the code is doing and can learn to make adjustments as well as learn how to code in it

• @Nicebutfun said:
    I brought it
    Downloaded a few made by the greats people on here.... Hell learned quite a lot
    Use some of the ones created
    Edited a few myself, so yes I think it's worth the money
    And it's only gonna get better
    If you're after something, the Wizards here might of already made it for you
    New things coming out all the time.
    Don't regret my purchase, and was also made by the iOS king brambos, so why not give it a try, your pennies might be helping to fund another awesome app soon to drop, which is bound to kick arse like all the others he has made.
    Not sucking up, but happy with everything he's made so far

Perfectly articulated version of the promise and hopes of Open Source Software.

• @brambos I hope the number of Mozaic scripts at https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/ makes you super proud. Amazing! Now, if only your parents got it....

• Totally worth it.

Download a script like Metroplex and you will see why. Then after a while you just reverse engineer the scripts you like to make your own. I could not code, can still not code but can code Mozaic no problems.

• Yes yes yes worth it. Although I haven’t programmed anything myself, ive signed up to patch storage and its lke getting a new quirky midi application every week or few days. A couple which are very useful (e.g. MidiMarbles and Copycat)
    I have started editing code of my most used user made patches, so i cant say ill never be a coder on this platform. Just wish i had the time besides doing music and life/job/long distance relationship/etc to commit to learning it myself.

• @BroCoast said:
    Totally worth it.

Download a script like Metroplex and you will see why. Then after a while you just reverse engineer the scripts you like to make your own. I could not code, can still not code but can code Mozaic no problems.

This = yes

• I'm using patches created by people here and haven't made my own... Totally worth it

• Yeah definitely worth it, I'm using lots of scripts and haven't coded myself. :)
    Although I think it's in high need of custom gui design. Since in this current form we have lots of scripts which have less than optimal gui design for each purpose. So some scripts can be quite confusing to learn.

• MOZAIC vs Atom ?

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@raimundoarriagada said:
    MOZAIC vs Atom ?

Fish vs. bicycle? Apple vs. orange?
    They are for totally different things.

• edited October 2019

I finally took a peek into this app, was holding off as coding I have no interest in pursuing.

I found chordulator & Arpticles - wow !!!
    Instantly bought, patch storage transfer was instant.

@wim + @Bryan + @burns_audio - you make such killer midi weaponry :)
    Huge thanks

What an incredible toolbox of experimentation & musical joy.
    Respect to Brambos!