Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to use the looper in Guitarism (video)

edited January 2014 in App Tips and Tricks

In this quick tutorial I show how to use the looper function in Guitarism. Unlike other loopers there is no start and stop functions. An awesome way to audition effects and even useful in a song or live performance.

Hope this is helpful

Comments

• Thanks Ryan, this was very helpful. I had worked out the looper system but had not realised that I needed to select the first chord at the end for it to loop correctly. Many thanks and good to hear you are back in circulation again.

• Thanks Ryan, a really helpful video.

• No problem boys :-) I should have some new videos soon... just need some time. Maybe tomorrow. :-)

• Thanks for this Ryan!

• edited January 2014

The recording workflow in Guitarism is a bit awkward for me, so if you are looking for a video subject, that might be an idea. But perhaps I am the only one who doesn't consider it easy, I am a bit lost there. You can share when you record something, but how to simply save it for yourself?...and give it a name...A few days ago I had the answer, but when I try it now I am lost again.

Edit: figured it out again: before a new recording (hit plus button twice) you can give a new preset a name , and that will become the name of your recording. Awkward for me. A bit confusing and a bit illogical workflow, thats why I forgot it I guess, or my short term memory is getting a bit.....

• @Marcel I completely agree - it's super-awkward. Ever since adding Audiobus most people just record directly via AB (into Audioshare, MTDaw, Auria etc) so this has been a low priority but now that the auto-looper is working well I want to expand that to be a full replacement for the existing "make a recording" workflow.

• Nicely done Ryan. That encourages me to take another crack at it.

• Is there a way to copy the loop?

• @SidewaysGrin Not yet but it'll be coming (round the mountain...)