Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alternatives to Funkbox for use with Quantiloop?

I did finally get Funkbox to work semi well with Quantiloop. However, here's what I don't really like about it:

a) can't support 6/8 or 12/8, come on, I don't even consider this "odd time"

b) can't support odd times like 5/4, 7/4, etc.

c) couldn't figure out how to export a loop at the set tempo.

d) Even if I could set the FB tempo, QL's tempo on this one tune was 33 and FB won't go below 60.

e) I don't really care about old drum machines. I think most of them sounded bad then and they sound bad now. I'm sorry that a whole genre of music embraced this sound but it doesn't change my opinion!

f) I don't know what is causing this, but on this one pattern, the clock coming into FB is very uneven. However it works perfectly for this particular song so I don't want it to go away. In this case, the FB exported loop sounds like mush in QL as it's slowed down really far.

g) I would like 1/32nd note resolution in general.

h) Seemed like I needed to force kill the FB app then reload it frequently.