Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Handy little app, thanks for sharing!!

• I tried it out! It’s only portrait orientation right now, but that’s ok for the iPhone.
    1. Record the phrase on the iPhone.
    2. Share to AirDrop for the iPad.
    3. On ipad’s AirDrop targets, select Files.
    4. Put it where you want it. (I used “on my iPad”/Xequence/midi files.
    5. I opened Xequence and opened it.

The limitation isn’t inconvenient at all. Ideas don’t come completely formed, right?

I have tried it yet, but I can’t see why you couldn’t get the audio from any mic source, like guitar, trumpet, etc.

• Nice find! It's a cute little app with pretty cool UX. And now I can hum stuff in the car.

• Sweet ima try er out!

• I was waiting to see some reviews on this app when it was released for a dollars few weeks ago in US. It only received 1 review for 1 star, but then it went free, so obviously grabbed it. Yea other than short time limitation it tracked fairly well. It was tracking my acoustic guitar just playing into iPad internal mic, and all notes were correct. So there’s that...

• Typo- “released for one dollar”

• Didn’t work very well for me

• @Processaurus said:
    Didn’t work very well for me

I find it works well when i use “Oh”. Finding the right voice sound may help.

• edited August 2019

@AudioGus said:

@Processaurus said:

Hrmm. Are you saying that i have to use my “Oh Face!?!?” To make this work?

• It has a lot of growth potential but record length is, indeed, inconvenient. I was hoping for more features. I’m disabled with paralyzed fingers and can always vocalize a riff much faster than playing it. Importing audio from outside of the app would be a handy feature for all of us who sing ideas into our phones.

• @AudioGus said:

@Processaurus said:

Hmm, maybe I’ll try it that way. “Doo” wasn’t working great. Missing notes, wrong notes, wrong octave.

• edited November 2020

Looks like it dissapeared from appstore. Interesting is there some alternatives? For a non keyboardists it would be cool to get auv3 app which can convert singing to MIDI and feed it into Atom or LK

• Not available on the UK AppStore ☹️

• Shame
    Can’t find it on uk App Store
    Pity
    Think this would be fun to have