Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DJ Mixing App with AU support and ableton link?

WTKWTK
edited August 2019 in General App Discussion

Hey guys,

I am looking for a DJ mixing app which supports AU so I can use stuff like Turnado. Ableton link would be cool but not mandatory. 2 decks would be fine.

A functional layout would be a plus because right now I am not using some kind of controller.

And Audio Share support would be great too.

Any suggestions?

Thx in advance,

Sebastian

Comments

• Ehh. Soda ticks all the boxes. Can’t say I recommend it though. It’s great fun, but seemed unreliable when I’ve played with it (which isn’t much). It wasn’t very successful, so I also doubt it’ll see any updates or fixes.

Super fun though!

soda dj app by AppBC https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soda-dj-app/id1118842181

• WTKWTK
    edited August 2019

Thx for mention it though you wonˋt recommend it. Would you be so kind and explain why you think this app is unreliable?

I have no experience in using software for mixing trax. My only experience is mixing my records with the good old 1210 MK II combo which I don’t have anymore.. unfortunately... :(

• Watched some videos and this one indeed looks pretty perfect...but...apparently no more updates like modstep. What a shame because it really looks great.

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@WTK said:
    Thx for mention it though you wonˋt recommend it. Would you be so kind and explain why you think this app is unreliable?

I have no experience in using software for mixing trax. My only experience is mixing my records with the good old 1210 MK II combo which I don’t have anymore.. unfortunately... :(

Crashy when using AU FX. Kind of odd in the interface department when using AU FX. Big battery drainer. A lot of the issues could be me having never used a DJ app before.

• @wim said:

@WTK said:

Crashy when using AU FX. Kind of odd in the interface department when using AU FX. Big battery drainer. A lot of the issues could be me having never used a DJ app

Ouch. That sucks. Thx for your answer. :smile:

• Easy. DJDJ BY THE DEVELOPER OF SEEKBEATS. NOT GOING TO GO INTO IT AS IVE DONE THIS A MILLION TIMES. It’s good. Link enabled, not file discrimination even drm protected, midi controllable everything. It’s great. Cheep and no subscription

• @Morgman73 said:
    Easy. DJDJ BY THE DEVELOPER OF SEEKBEATS. NOT GOING TO GO INTO IT AS IVE DONE THIS A MILLION TIMES. It’s good. Link enabled, not file discrimination even drm protected, midi controllable everything. It’s great. Cheep and no subscription

Thx for the recommendation. Will check it out.

• @WTK Sorry I didn’t read the post clearly. DJDJ doesn’t support audio units but it is the business. You could very easily use AUM, AB for that. It’s link enabled. I really like that app and don’t let the simple GUI fool you. It’s very functional and capable. Secret production weapon status.

• @Morgman73 said:
    @WTK Sorry I didn’t read the post clearly. DJDJ doesn’t support audio units but it is the business. You could very easily use AUM, AB for that. It’s link enabled. I really like that app and don’t let the simple GUI fool you. It’s very functional and capable. Secret production weapon status.

Almost nobody scream it like no tomorrow... oh wait! :trollface:

Passion about tools I know... :wink:

• @Morgman73 said:
    @WTK Sorry I didn’t read the post clearly. DJDJ doesn’t support audio units but it is the business. You could very easily use AUM, AB for that. It’s link enabled. I really like that app and don’t let the simple GUI fool you. It’s very functional and capable. Secret production weapon

No problem. I already bought and enjoying it so far. Not exactly what I was looking for but let’s see what I come up with. :smile:

• @WTK Right on. May take a second to get used to? It’s great though. It’s never crashed on me and if you like to mix music, dj stuff, it’s fun. I got it because I literally tried every iOS app and they all ended in frustration. Not so with DJDJ and if you’re familiar with the developer you know his SeekBeats app is loved by many including myself. You’ll dig it. Most people that I’ve suggested the app to usually end up looking at the GUI and go get something else. Ha, those something else’s want your money for iap’s, subscriptions, and most are completely file type discriminatory. Not this cheep little dj app. Glad you picked it up.