Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model D - Preset Patches - Let's Get This Going Again!

Hello Fellow App Lovers

I've been into synthesis on iPad for a bit now but never posted here. @Fruitbat1919 posts on some awesome presets motivated me to dig a bit deeper into Moog's Model D app and create a few patches based on some of the presets and adjust them to my taste.

Here are just a handful of pads (some can be used as leads as well) that I concocted after work today. Hope some of you like them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvtah2xa4q4y5im/CHIMPBOY.mdb?dl=0

Perhaps we could look to making a AB patch pack version 2?

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Jay (ChimpBoy)

Comments

• Thanks for these.
    They sound great!

• edited August 2019

@JeffChasteen said:
    Thanks for these.
    They sound great!

Thanks Man, I was a bit nervous as it's my first effort!! I'm going to follow up with some leads and will update the pack :smile:

• Nice. Thanks!

• @ChimpBoy . Thanks for doing that. Sounds really good.

• @LinearLineman @Ben Thanks guys. More to follow, just gotta sleep 😴

• I’ve been looking for an excuse to dive more into Model D, I’ll see if I can get a few made tonight

• Hey thank you those are very nice and very usable 👍

• Awesome Idea, I'm on! :)
    (Been creating a few Model D patches lately so I'll make a new bank and share it soonish).

• Pad.meaty.2 that is a real nice one

• Great idea, great stuff!

And, on a side note, I love how easy it was to get them into the app, as opposed to how this works or doesn't work in some other apps (looking at you, Korg!).

• @LeonKowalski I'd agree, once you understand the Model D it's very versatile 👍🏻

• @ChimpBoy thank you for these patches, really nice indeed!

• Good pads boys. I just don’t find the MiniMoog that inspiring to program, there’s not very much to do with it.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Good pads boys. I just don’t find the MiniMoog that inspiring to program, there’s not very much to do with it.

Yeah, it's somewhat limited, percussion kicks, blips and using OSC3 to modulate the filter can give some craziness.
    The PWM trick can be done since OSC3 has an inverted saw-wave but it's tricky to precisely tune the oscillators without numerical feedback (1 finger 3 osc chords etc.). 1,2 & 3 osc bass sounds are quite easy to tweak as are de-tuned leads.

I don't usually save presets, just start from the init patch and tweak until I hear something I like.

The Model D was nice for it's age but when do we get a proper emulation of Prophet Pro 5?

I'm slowly starting to distance myself from apps that feel un-inspiring to use and tweak, and as much as I like IceGear stuff they are not fun to tweak or play around with... (Even Moog Model 15 falls into this category. It's powerfull yes, but no fun to tweak).

For me Model D's simplicity is it's 'FunFactor' :)
    (Especially when combined with some nice effects).

• @Samu I totally agree. Adding effects to Model D really helps. I've been busy this week so haven't had time to create more patches.

I'd like Arturia to do more on iOS. Their iMini is totally lacking and very old code. Saying that I love Arturia's stuff but their piano really seems to lack punch. Soem apps just fail to inspire. I uninstalled Korg Module for that reason. I still find sampled stuff like Keyscape, Waves Grand Rhapsody, Gospel Musicians Neo Soul Keys Studio way better for punch and feel. I digress.

I'll get on to creating more patches next week.

• Hi All

I finally added a few more presets to the Model D from Moog. I added a flute, cello, filtered Moog sound and a Rick Wakeman esque preset. All sound better with a bit of reverb 👍🏻

Here is the link to the update

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvtah2xa4q4y5im/CHIMPBOY 2.mdb?dl=0

Cheers

ChimpBoy

• How do I import these please ?

I click on the file once downloaded . Asks me for a bank name and I press import but no bank is created .....

Thanks

• edited September 2019

No problem. It shouldn't ask you for a bank name, as the bank already has a name. Do you have Dropbox? Ideally download to your Dropbox if you have one and then tap the three dots on the top right hand corner and then select Export in Dropbox and scroll
    along to Model D and then open with Moog Model D and it should be there.

I'm not sure how to do it without Dropbox. But I guess on your browser export it to Model D. I've checked and the above method with Dropbox works fine and it doesn't ask for a bank name.

If anything install Dropbox and do it that way.

• Thanks....like that, it works.

I was just double tapping the file and it took me to the same import preset bank dialog in Model D....but it wouldn’t create the bank. And thanks for these presets man.

• Hi Again.. If you download it direct using your browser, Safari will offer to open it in Model D no problem and it imports fine. Just select continue in browser and do a direct download. You don't need to use Dropbox if you don't want to.

• @zeropoint said:
    Thanks....like that, it works.

I was just double tapping the file and it took me to the same import preset bank dialog in Model D....but it wouldn’t create the bank. And thanks for these presets man.

No worries more to follow 👍🏻

• @Samu said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Good pads boys. I just don’t find the MiniMoog that inspiring to program, there’s not very much to do with it.

Yeah, it's somewhat limited, percussion kicks, blips and using OSC3 to modulate the filter can give some craziness.
    The PWM trick can be done since OSC3 has an inverted saw-wave but it's tricky to precisely tune the oscillators without numerical feedback (1 finger 3 osc chords etc.). 1,2 & 3 osc bass sounds are quite easy to tweak as are de-tuned leads.

I don't usually save presets, just start from the init patch and tweak until I hear something I like.

The Model D was nice for it's age but when do we get a proper emulation of Prophet Pro 5?

I'm slowly starting to distance myself from apps that feel un-inspiring to use and tweak, and as much as I like IceGear stuff they are not fun to tweak or play around with... (Even Moog Model 15 falls into this category. It's powerfull yes, but no fun to tweak).

For me Model D's simplicity is it's 'FunFactor' :)
    (Especially when combined with some nice effects).

I’m in the same boat in regards to simple things that are fun to tweak. Right now I’m into Animoog but do you have any recommendations?

• Very nice. I particularly like Flute and PadMeaty 2.

• @ChimpBoy Thank you for the presets.. some great sounds!

• @ChimpBoy appreciate your generosity Sir.

• Hey @ChimpBoy. Thanks for the presets. Nice work brother. Imports from Dropbox without an issue.

• Good morning, good afternoon and good evening

Just a tiny update. I've deleted a couple of similar presets. I've lowered the volume on some as I realized that the imbalance on some volume wise would likely result in deafness when switching presets 🤣

There's a couple of new ones in there too 👍🏻 I'm quite happy with the preset 'Slow Attacks Pad' but it's still a learning curve. Link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uo9qehmy8a8883a/CHIMPBOY 3.mdb?dl=0

Cheers

ChimpBoy