Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zombie Tonestack

I’m sure this has been covered before but I was unable to find the thread, so I’m posting this in case it helps someone else.

So, my iPad was fully charged last night, but I woke up to 60% charge. On viewing the battery settings I noticed Tonestack had been eating iPad brains in the background for nearly 60 hours!! I used Tonestack in AUM earlier this week, but swiped it closed when finished.

I think I have narrowed down this problem to Ableton Link. For some reason, whether it’s on by default or I had enabled it at some point, Link was turned ON in Tonestack and was causing it to remain running in the background even after closing the app. I turned OFF Link and now it seems Tonestack quits properly. My battery stats show the background processes have ceased. If anyone else is having this issue and can confirm my Link solution please let me know. This may have also caused some of the unusual cpu drain I’ve experienced lately.