Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blue Mangoo just submitted a big update for iFretless Brass with AU3 support.

2»

Comments

• @MobileMusic said:

@TimRussell said:
    And @Blue_Mangoo are you planning a similar update for the Sax app?

+100

Yes. It’s up next and it’s very similar to the BRass app so I hope it won’t take more than two weeks to update.

(Within our company we spell it with a capital R to distinguish it more clearly from Bass)

• @iansainsbury said:
    Hmm. Hey, @Blue_Mangoo , looks like someone is stealing your app ☹️

We are operating under that parent company name

• edited August 2019

@TimRussell said:
    Is iFretless brass good for making some funky horn sections?
    Can it do things like shakes (very rapid, severe vibrato) and trombone glissandos?
    And does it have muted sounds (in particular those wah-wah effects?)
    Finally, can I get those effects using a MIDI keyboard or do I need to ‘play’ them on the iPad screen like with ThumbJam?

Mutes and wah, yes. Shakes, no. Most of horn samples are not that full-blast sound you need for funk, but you can get some of them there by adjusting the velocity range so that only the loudest samples play. Otherwise he notes range from very soft to very loud, which is not very funky.

• @ion677 said:
    @Blue_Mangoo any plans to get ifretless guitar on the auv3 train? Would love to have it. It's the best sounding electric guitar sim currently on ios.

Yes. First sax and then guitar. We just finished building the new guitar distortion function and released a technical video about it yesterday:

That was the main challenge that was holding the iFretless guitar update back.

• @TimRussell, check out Heavy Brass for shakes, doiks, falls... it is about the best you can get on iOS.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @Blue_Mangoo , Can you animate fret board in your apps in playback mode? In playback mode, I’m looking to animate the fret board in your apps like how its MIDI was recorded. Please update your apps with these animations. TIA

Thank you for the suggestion!

You may have to highlight the played notes a bit more in contrast colors so when you simulate/animate it in playback mode, the played notes stand out clearly.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@iansainsbury said:

Don’t do it! Blue Mangoo is far funkier.

• @iansainsbury said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@iansainsbury said:

Don’t do it! Blue Mangoo is far funkier.

Well... that did occur to me. I am not very experienced in legal matters, so I just did what was easiest. Perhaps in the future we will legally register under the name Blue Mangoo, when I am more comfortable with doing paperwork, or when I hire an accountant that I can fully trust.

• @Blue_Mangoo Just do what all the foreign nationals and criminals do and register as a shell corporation LLC in Delaware.

• This new version seems a lot more playable. Very nice done @Blue_Mangoo