Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Omnisphere for ipad replacement?

2»

Comments

• @Bachus said:

@rs2000 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Bachus said:

@auxmux said:
    Pure Synth Platinum 2 and D1 are the closest thing to rompler synths on iOS. They like Omnisphere are inspired by Roland's D50 and JV/XV line of synths, which Eric Pershing also worked on.

I wouldn’t call the omnisphere a rompler
    It probably has the most versatile synth engine of all software
    A rompler is a sample based instrument used to play presets with minimal user edditing options

A few years ago, I read an interview with Eric Persing where he bemoaned that so many people that use it, don't realize that it isn't a ROMpler. I think most people (even pros) get a synth and basically press buttons and turn knobs with little interest in what the buttons and knobs do or what a synth's architecture is.

I get what he said but bemoaning that many synth users are preset junkies is like criticizing that not everybody has the time, patience and interest to learn how to program a synth.
    I prefer creating my own presets over scrolling through endless lists but I can perfectly understand everybody who doesn't. And even I prefer to start from a preset that sounds similar to where I want to go, unless the synth has a huge preset chaos.
    Omnisphere has a great preset organization with categories / tags so even with 1000s of presets, it's quite possible to find what I'm looking for.

In the end Omnisphere probably is anything you want it to be..

You want it to be a module with 1000’s of presets.. it works great for you

You want it to be your go to source for sound creation.. it works oerfect for you

You want it to be your live gigging maschine.. add any keyboard and rock around the clock

Espescially with the addition of keyscape, it can be everything a keyboardist denands with the exception of organ simulation.. playing it from my Nord stage 3 also solves that..

Absolutely. And Keyscape is fantastic too :+1:

• edited August 2019

I think D1 and Platinum 2 are close to Omnisphere.
    With D1 we just need more preset and the ability to import samples and waveforms.
    The sounds it has are nice by the way.
    LayR would be the top if it had the ability to import samples and wave tables.it was my favourite until it stop working in Cubasis, just one instance and nothing else in the project, the playhead stutters when you add a note o move the faders.its been a year now and still no fix.wrote to both developers but still no luck.

• I can live without importing samples into D1 since I have AudioLayer but wouldn't mind it.