Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My wife just gave me $10 iTunes gift card

My awesome wife just gifted me $10 iTunes card. How to spend it?

I have thor, animoog, music studio, bm2, jamup pro xt, loopy hd, Magellan and audiobus.

Thought about sound prism pro or maybe some effects, or iKaossilator.

Comments

• Get GarageBand, great app, and its free!

• You can get a couple of AUFX effects for that. I recommend Space and PeakQ.
    Do you have AudioShare?

• If you use jam up a lot there are the expansions. I like to go back to my other apps from time to time to do expansions, especially ones I use a lot like Alchemy pro.

• edited January 2014

Why not go for some iap sounds in Magellan!

• Either AudioShare or AUFX effects apps of your choice

• I don't have audioshare yet. I have GarageBand.

• Audiosare is a great app. Anytune Pro is an awesome app for any avid sampler. Maybe just save it? lol, right...I know...that's a good one.

• lol. I thought about saving it but I am afraid that $10 will burn a hole through my iPad. Maybe Turnado will go on sale again.

• Samplr is 9.99 + tax.
    Really a great app

• +100 for AudioShare and AUFX.

• It is most fun to go shopping myself and just start browsing apps. Another idea is to watch videos on thesoundtestroom on youtube to see if something strikes a chord with you.

• Agreed with the others--you can't go wrong with AudioShare or AUFX...but, if you don't already have it, you could get Guitarism and the Rockstar IAP for a bargain at less than $10 right now... :-)

• mmpmmp
    edited January 2014

If it were my money, I'd go for ThumbJam. It has very expressive ways of playing many kinds of instruments with some of the best samples around.

If you do want to expand on JamUp, get BIAS, which is on sale at the moment. many extra amps that you can customize in many ways.

For 'virtual' guitar soloing, iFretless Guitar, very expressive, and for rhythm/strumming Guitarism, which is currently free, but has a couple of very worthwhile IAPs in Quadroplay and the Rockstar Collection (guitars and effects), both within budget.

But, as mentioned already, Samplr, Audioshare and AUFX are also very useful.

It's quite unbelievable what 10 bucks can bring you in iOS music apps.

• the karma sutra app? a good way to say thanks.. ;)

• +1 for Samplr too if you don't have it. Samplr is an awesome app, and kind of like ThumbJam and Soundprism, it's completely unique to iOS/touch screens as opposed to just being a port of another synth or some other real world instrument.

• edited January 2014

@skoptic said:

the karma sutra app? a good way to say thanks.. ;)

Yes and if you played the app well enough it might just earn you a 20 dollar card. heheheh.

• Thanks everyone. I got a lot of searching and researching to do.

• I'd say get Caustic!

• I'll go with the Samplr vote - it's awesome!

• I just watched some samplr videos. Endless possibilities. That may have my vote too.

• I love Thumbjam & Audioshare so these get my vote. I have Samplr but never use it. I'm sure it's immense but I've still to take the time to work it out properly

• SAMPLR and CAUSTIC are great apps and awesome value for money.
    As for controllers, SOUNDPRISM PRO is excellent for playing chords and coming up with progressions. I posted a short video using it up here earlier. I bought it when it was £10.99 and no regrets...at £2.99 it will do a solid job for you. THUMBJAM is also a great controller with awesome functionality and quality sound samples for its instruments.

Whatever you did to deserve $10...keep doing it and you'll have them all in no time! ;)

• What would be a good app to have during a live 2 hour instrumental devotional prayer set?

Would like to take my iPad on stage with my acoustic guitar, interface, FCB1010 and midi keyboard.

• Get Bias!!!!

• I went with samplr. My wife was amused at my stress and indecisiveness. She said she might give me another one next pay check for her amusement.

• Oh man...you might be onto something there @gmslayton. I need to let my wife know about this concept!

• edited March 2014

• @gmslayton said:

I went with samplr.

It's just fun, right? I love recording various scales into it and playing around with just acoustic noises. The only thing I will say about it is that I've probalbly spent a ton of hours on it and I haven't really recorded much. I just get too caught up in the experimentation side of the app and then...all of a sudden its 2am.

• Here is my first diddy with samplr. Used it as the input and loopy as the output.