Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Nanokey Studio will not connect to ipad OS (BETA) over Bluetooth

Comments

• edited September 2019

As of 13.1 developer beta 2, I can confirm this problem persists. This + death of IAA is practically the last nail to the coffin of korg gadget unless they do something about it (because I doubt Apple ever will, I've sent 3 feedbacks with detailed video explanations but they haven't even fixed the "three finger tap" problem yet, which practically makes it impossible to play any iOS instrument by touch)

• @boorch said:
    As of 13.1 developer beta, I can confirm this problem persists. This + death of IAA is practically the last nail to the coffin of korg gadget unless they do something about it (because I doubt Apple ever will, they haven't even fixed the "three finger tap" problem which practically makes it impossible to play any iOS instrument by touch)

In another thread it was just mentioned that the three finger thing was fixed on 13.1 beta 2...

• @Samu said:

@boorch said:
    As of 13.1 developer beta, I can confirm this problem persists. This + death of IAA is practically the last nail to the coffin of korg gadget unless they do something about it (because I doubt Apple ever will, they haven't even fixed the "three finger tap" problem which practically makes it impossible to play any iOS instrument by touch)

In another thread it was just mentioned that the three finger thing was fixed on 13.1 beta 2...

As of 5 minutes ago, it wasn't working for me. After reading your comment, -with no heal hope- I tried turning "Gestures" back on and off again in Settings/General/Multitasking and it seems to work now! Huge relief!

• Still does not work for me, I’m on iPadOS 13.1 with iPad Pro 11inch...
    I don’t know if I need to hope for an update from Apple (not likely) or an update from Korg (more likely I guess but not really)

• edited October 2019

I believe it may be fixed on KORG's end.

At least they achknowledged the situation now.

• Nope:

“iOS 13

microKEY Air (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)
    nanoKEY Studio (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)
    nanoKONTROL Studio (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)”

• Hi, it still does not work for me on iPad Pro 2018 and latest iPadOS release.

• The Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth/MIDI adapter doesn't work under iPadOS 13 either. The connection between my iPad and the Yamaha adapter is established, but terminates after a few seconds.

I'm going to update my iPad to 13.2 tonight, but I'm afraid it won't work.

• edited November 2019

iPadOS 13.2 fixed my Bluetooth MIDI problems when using the Yamaha MD-BT01. So I'm happy again. Maybe the Korg devices will also work again with 13.2 ...

• @klangsulfat said:
    iPadOS 13.2 fixed my Bluetooth MIDI problems when using the Yamaha MD-BT01. So I'm happy again. Maybe the Korg devices will also work again with 13.2 ...

That is Fantastic news! I run around with my AX-1 Keytar using a similar Blue Tooth Midi wireless device a, BM-A01 and an Alesis Vortex II wireless keytar. I have been drooling over the ability to use Thumb drives and external hard drives but have avoided updating to the dreaded IOS13!

• I really want a NanoStudio Kontrol by Korg but have held off on the purchase because of the wireless blue tooth issue

• Funny. I'm using the NanoKEY Studio connect issue as my reason not to upgrade to iOS 13, and so far I'm really happy that it's keeping me there. I'm not missing iOS 13 at all like I thought I would.

The only thing is, I'm now not updating apps either right away. Lately there have been too many instances of app fixes for iOS 13 temporarily breaking the apps on older versions. I just let them settle out for a week, then update them.

• That’s exactly my position as well. Not upgrading because of the NKS issue and not missing it.

• edited November 2019

Same for me iOS 12.3.1 is super stable. Will NKS ever be fixed on iOS13??? Almost two months already...

• @Janosax said:
    Same for me iOS 12.3.1 is super stable. Will NKS ever be fixed on iOS13??? Almost two months already...

Yep same here .. 12.3.1 is solid as a rock for me on my 1st generation 12.9 Pro. It sucks you can’t use older IOS versions on iPads, I bought a new old stock 12.9 last month right as apple un-signed 12.4.1 and I’m stuck with 11.2 on it, no way I’m puttin 13 on it with no Korg bluetooth support .. I love my little Microkey Air 61.

• This is still not working , Nanokey studio - iPad Pro 12.9 2018 , OS 13.2.2
    was just about to order the Nanocontrol as well.
    Works perfect on all my other iPads and phones.
    The pros are a pain in the arse. This is my second one and I won’t buy another.
    The bog standard iPad is far more reliable.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@AndyPawlak said:
    This is still not working , Nanokey studio - iPad Pro 12.9 2018 , OS 13.2.2

This problem has nothing to do with your device Model. The problem is iOS 13 broke Bluetooth pairing with Korg products. Apple and/or Korg haven’t fixed it yet, and haven’t indicated when they will.

The same is true for all devices, not just the iPad Pro. If it works on your other devices then it’s either because they’re not on iOS 13, or because they were paired before you upgraded to 13. If they’re already paired when you upgrade, they keep working as long as you never lose the pairing.

• @wim said:

@AndyPawlak said:
    This is still not working , Nanokey studio - iPad Pro 12.9 2018 , OS 13.2.2

This problem has nothing to do with your device Model. The problem is iOS 13 broke Bluetooth pairing with Korg products. Apple and/or Korg haven’t fixed it yet, and haven’t indicated when they will.

The same is true for all devices, not just the iPad Pro. If it works on your other devices then it’s either because they’re not on iOS 13, or because they were paired before you upgraded to 13. If they’re already paired when you upgrade, they keep working as long as you never lose the pairing.

Oh I see!
    I didn’t realise that, thanks for the explanation.
    Cheers 🙏🏼

• 👍 Just be careful not to lose that pairing on your other devices. :#

Some people, myself included, have begun leaving negative reviews on the sites where they bought the stuff that no longer works, since contacting Korg directly hasn’t seemed to move the needle.

• @wim said:
    👍 Just be careful not to lose that pairing on your other devices. :#

Some people, myself included, have begun leaving negative reviews on the sites where they bought the stuff that no longer works, since contacting Korg directly hasn’t seemed to move the needle.

Cool, this has to be costing Korg , the Nanokeys/ Control are popular , I was about to order
    The Control this afternoon , but this stopped me dead when I tried to pair that pro.
    Hopefully it gets sorted soon.
    Cheers 🌞

• I’m holding off on the update too.. are there any issues with other Bluetooth things like headphones? I’m stoked on the update for the thumb drive/external use, hoping things get ironed out soon, it’s been too long

• Honest question:

Would it seem wrong somehow to whack down my Korg Gadget AppStore review because of the NanoKEY Studio issue? On one hand, a KEY feature of Gadget is the native integration with the NKS and other controllers. On the other hand, it seems kind of wrong to hurt the Gadget team for something they had nothing to do with.

I tend to feel that all is honest is fair in the effort to get this the attention it needs. But still ...

• @wim said:
    Honest question:

Would it seem wrong somehow to whack down my Korg Gadget AppStore review because of the NanoKEY Studio issue? On one hand, a KEY feature of Gadget is the native integration with the NKS and other controllers. On the other hand, it seems kind of wrong to hurt the Gadget team for something they had nothing to do with.

I tend to feel that all is honest is fair in the effort to get this the attention it needs. But still ...

Not wrong at all imo. I tried the Korg forum, I tried contacting them directly with no reaction whatsoever. Both Studio and Kontrol are very clearly designed to be complements to Gadget so their compromised functionality affects the software side of Korg as well.

• @wim said:
    Honest question:

Getting people to contact Korg tech support for the nanokey is likely to be far more effective than trying to get movement by docking Gadget reviews. (Especially since the Gadget team may have nothing to do with the Nanokey team).

In the past, a wave of correspondence from users has appeared to be influential with Korg.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:
    Honest question:

Getting people to contact Korg tech support for the nanokey is likely to be far more effective than trying to get movement by docking Gadget reviews. (Especially since the Gadget team may have nothing to do with the Nanokey team).

In the past, a wave of correspondence from users has appeared to be influential with Korg.

First of all, thanks for the honest opinion. I asked for it and I’ve sincerely thought about what you said.

Normally I’d agree with you on that last statement, but this just doesn’t seem to be getting any traction. Or at least Korg isn’t communicating. When that happens, escalation of some sort is in order.

I’ve managed customer service before and know from experience it’s all about getting the right attention. Customer Service people often have their hands tied until management gets embarrassed enough to re-allocate resources to fixing things. I’ve had engineering slow roll issues I was complaining about on behalf of customers for months until some CEO finally bitched to our CEO during their golf game or something. Then finally all hell broke loose and the problem was fixed within days.

I disagree that the Gadget and Hardware teams have nothing to do with each other. The Nano products are specifically engineered to communicate in native mode with Gadget. No way that happened in a vacuum. I can also pretty much guarantee they’re all connected by email, Skype, whatever, and probably ask each other about this kind of stuff all the time. This ain’t the 1970’s anymore.

I have no wish to pressure people not directly involved, but on the other hand, if they don’t at least communicate some progress, I begin to think it’s the right thing to do.

(To repeat ... thanks for your thoughts. I do appreciate the input. I can be a dick sometimes. If I’m going to be one, I like to have at least made a considered decision to do it.)

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@wim said:
    Honest question:

I did end up doing this. If anyone else did so as well, this is a reminder to update their Gadget review now that the problem is fixed. I almost forgot to do that.

[edit] here’s the link to the fix, from another thread: https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2019/112902/

• Damn wish I read this thread before purchasing. Definitely still have same issue described in OP, anyone know if Korg or Apple admitted anything wrong yet?

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Damn wish I read this thread before purchasing. Definitely still have same issue described in OP, anyone know if Korg or Apple admitted anything wrong yet?

It’s fixed. You just need to update the firmware.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/551/3100/

• Thanks @wim
    Just wanted to check when i have switch in usb position and usb connected i should be getting keys and pads lighting when pressed? Lights working in battery mode but nothing connecting usb on my mac

• Yes, you should be getting the lights by default. I think you can switch that off with the Korg Kontrol app, but if you haven't done that then they should light. Are you getting a white light in the top-right corner of the device, indicating a USB connection? If not, then maybe it's a cable problem. You could try hooking it up to an iPad with the powered CCK to see if it connects there. If it does then it's something to do with the Mac.

You can also try loading the Korg Kontrol app on the Mac to see if it recognizes the device. That's also where you can check the LED settings.