Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is iKaossilator worth it

I did a quick google search and could not find anybody comparing the iKaossilator with the Kaossilator. I am wanting to get more into adding some electronica type music into a live set and was intrigued by the ease of use of people using the Kaossilator live.

Does the iKaossilator compare to the hardware as far as usability and sound? I mean right now for $10 it seems like a no brainer. Maybe I'm thrown off by its gimmicky look. Not a big fan of its design, I guess I expected it to look more like the hardware ones.

Comments

• I LOVE my iKaossilator... used it for this song right here.

Also for this;

http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1498994 (mixed it with Sugar Bytes Cyclop)

Wish I could have paid ten instead of 20... but still love it. :)

• I found it a little limited (and arbitrary) on its own but using it with Loopy/AB really opened up the possibilities. I used to own a Kaossilator Pro and KP3. I sold the Kaossilator and KP3 has hardly had a look in since Audiobus.

• lol! The lyrics in that song are just awesome!

• It's really great for backing drums. Because it is very easy to make and save preset personnel patterns for intro/verse/chorus/bridge and it switches perfectly. Plus it always stays on time. (Some drum apps slow down slightly). Also if you take 2 devices with iKaossilator and hook them up to the iRig Mix you can do pretty great dj'ing stuff with it. (I don't really consider myself a dj, I just discovered this by teaching students how to mix two songs/tracks)

• @wayni said:

lol! The lyrics in that song are just awesome!

Thanks.... They can get me trouble. I recently had a girl decide to quit talking to me after she heard some of my music. I write very blunt comedy.

• edited January 2014

I like the iKaossilator app a lot. Its good fun. It can feel a bit limited after some use, i wish Korg would release new soundsets, even as an IAP.

@ShawnLeonhardt, nice track!
    In this track the drums and bass are mostly made with the iKaossilator.
    Different style, same app:

Cheers

• Those are some hilarious lyrics. Nice job, @ShawnLeonhardt

• I remember seeing a review of it and not being overly impressed with features/sound. Hardware version is much more fun, both the original toy one and the pro versions IMHO.

• I think it's worth it. It's got more functionality than my Kaossilator2 I find.

• iKaossilator is a great app, I just used it in a recording, not electronica, but what I am calling "rocktronica", basically rock and electronic music mixed. I used Audiobus, and recording iKaosillator into Garageband as a track, mostly for some of the cool sounds and effects you can generate with it. I plan on using it in another track as well, but instead of using GarageBand, I'll be using Nanostudio.

• @Yaknepper and @ShawnLeonhardt - tunes were cool, love the electronic vibe of La Bell Vie and the lyrics for So....Damn Conservative had me ROFLMA!

• Hmm... I actually have an idea to expand on So....Damn Conservative, if I do, I want to sample "Satan, The Devil" from @Yaknepper La Bell Vie! I suppose I will keep with iKaossilator. It really is a great app for a mix feel of rock and electronic. And yes it does help tremendously to master what comes out of iKaoss... just to boost feel and volume (camel crusher is great for those on a budget)

• I like it a lot for quickly sketching out some ideas on the iPhone. Wish it had more sounds, but you can get some good results with it still.

• @ShawnLeonHardt ... that song is amazing

• @JamMaestro said:

@ShawnLeonHardt ... that song is amazing

Thank You... I have decided to make a part 2. It is such a hit everywhere I post it that I must make a follow up. Definitely I will stick to ikaossilator and maybe add some of my cheesy rapping abilities. Before apps I used to just write songs with lyrics... lately I have focused more on film, tv, and game music. Time to get back to my roots. Ha!

BTW... @gmslayton did you ever decide to get ikaoss?

• Not yet. I had a $10 gift card and bought samplr. Maybe if it is still on sale I might get it next week.