Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPad OS, are we getting back storage space????

Ok, so I was having a closer look at the new features in IPad OS and saw that apps will be 50% smaller???? I’d really like to know how that’s going to work? Will it be for new apps only? Will the apps we have somehow get smaller? I would definitely love to get back some storage.
Can any developers provide any info? Are your current apps going to be 50% smaller?
What about anyone using the beta version? I haven’t heard anyone mention smaller app sizes so it going to take effect in the fall when the official release drops?

Comments

• Ok, I see it states “ up to “ 50% smaller, but I’ll take any space I can get back as long as it doesn’t cause more problems with apps.

• @Strizbiz said:
    Ok, I see it states “ up to “ 50% smaller, but I’ll take any space I can get back as long as it doesn’t cause more problems with apps.

I think it has to do with a more efficient way of developing apps.
    But as you said, let’s hope the apps remain stable

• I would imagine this is gonna be accomplished by having more shared ressources such as libraries of code. (Frameworks)

• I think it only applies to the download itself.
    To me the verbiage reads that it’s a new compression algorithm that they are using, once on your iPad it probably unpacks itself. I don’t believe it will reduce the footprint of the apps on the iPad.

• @SanMateo said:
    I think it only applies to the download itself.
    To me the verbiage reads that it’s a new compression algorithm that they are using, once on your iPad it probably unpacks itself. I don’t believe it will reduce the footprint of the apps on the iPad.

This. When you download an app you download an installer really that then installs the app. Sounds like jusg the installer was updated with better compression algorithm

• At WWDC'19 this was mentioned and what it does is optimises the app for the hardware it's running so for example all redundant graphics resources etc. do not even get downloaded and the code optimised for the CPU on the device it's running on.

Remains to be seen how well the 'on device apps' are slimmed down or if they need to be downloaded again to benefit from the smaller size?

• @Samu said:
    At WWDC'19 this was mentioned and what it does is optimises the app for the hardware it's running so for example all redundant graphics resources etc. do not even get downloaded and the code optimised for the CPU on the device it's running on.

Remains to be seen how well the 'on device apps' are slimmed down or if they need to be downloaded again to benefit from the smaller size?

Yah, I imagine this sort of savings would apply mostly to popular game apps that have lots of graphic assets. I doubt our neck of the woods would save much.