Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Mastering 2.0 on the store!

edited January 2014 in General App Discussion

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio-mastering/id640515541?mt=8

And it is awesome. It now has spectrum analysis, pre and post. The EQ has been overhauled and is infinitely more usable. This is a great upgrade that sounds fantastic.

Comments

• razraz
    edited January 2014

Great, why did I ever pay for Analyzer. Now every app has spectrum analysis... Analyzer works on iPhone though. :)

• not so awesome is losing all your presets you've saved....grrrrrr

• Parametric EQ is definitely a step in the right direction. But it's really basic right now though, very small adjustable range on the bandwidth for each band, so you won't exactly do any surgical work with this EQ. Also no shelves. But atleast it's there as an option, which is great obviously. And thank you, dev, for the grey theme. :)

• I'm pretty sure losing your presets has to do with the new sound engine! Superb update despite losing a few myself. I'd bought it yesterday, and played with it until my battery died. Woke up to this update and am thrilled now.

• I think the dev said multiband compressor will be in an upcoming update so maybe he'll tweak the parametric EQ while he's at it. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but I thought I read somewhere that you can change the colors of the display.

• Great update, and Multiband compressor coming next update, nice! Wish there was a way to quickly A/B a dry reference track

• @Schrodinger At the top panel, the same with the presets, you will find the A/B switches.

@DD829 Apple's policy is that app updates are provided at no cost.

• @wayni Thanks, but I was reffering to comparing the mix to a well produced refference track e.g. Something I'd import in from my iTunes library. Still, thanks for pointing out a handy feature

• He really should have let the sale run over into the new release as an introductory price. Looks really great but with it now bumped up to $13, I think I'll have to wait and see how the Mastering app from Positive Grid turns out before jumping on one.

• I wouldn't hold your breath for PG...that's been floating around for almost a year....

• PG released some short sneak peak video recently (it's on palm sounds right now). And are finally looking for a few beta testers. So hopefully it's not that far off. I'm guessing more focus went towards it when BIAS was done.

• Dumb question but you listen and then process to a new file first, right? Are you converting or anything?

• @DD829 said:

I just got this today, I'm learning but everything I export from it to soundcloud sounds distorted. Not happy so far.

Are you pushing the maximizer too much? Heavily compressed audio can end up clipping when the conversion to MP3 is done.

For what it's worth, I've never experienced any problems exporting files from Audio Files.

• @PHᐃNTᐃSM said:

@DD829 said:

I just got this today, I'm learning but everything I export from it to soundcloud sounds distorted. Not happy so far.

Are you pushing the maximizer too much? Heavily compressed audio can end up clipping when the conversion to MP3 is done.

For what it's worth, I've never experienced any problems exporting files from Audio Files.

Also, try using the input reduction feature if you adding gain in the EQ, otherwise the signal will start clipping regardless of how low the maximizer is set.