Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 12.4: Taking stock

Hi!

I'm trying to get a handle on all the foibles of iOS 12.4, as I'm getting the impression it's more than what I'm personally seeing. For example, I've heard reports of GarageBand freezing or recording silence, which is something that I've not seen myself.

If you've got 12.4 installed and you're seeing oddness, would you leave a comment below describing what's happening for you? I'd like to make Apple aware of as much as possible, in the hopes that 12.4.1 will solve everything (because 12.3.x has its own issues!).

Cheers,
Michael

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2019

Dear god. That's troubling. Anyone else seeing this with iCloud?

I think the next step in diagnosing that is taking a sysdiagnose next time you see it happen - but I guess that's not happening any more because you're no longer using iCloud!

Could this possibly be related to the freezing or silent recordings in Garageband?

No, this is a whole new kettle of fish

• The only issue I have been getting is ghosting, save a file and there are two icons, old one, new one, install an app update, two icons, old one, new one, a restart fixes it.
    I only have one pad on 12.4 though, so not using it that much.

• @Turntablist said:
    The only issue I have been getting is ghosting, save a file and there are two icons, old one, new one, install an app update, two icons, old one, new one, a restart fixes it.
    I only have one pad on 12.4 though, so not using it that much.

That's pretty wacky. Which apps are doing that?

• @Michael said:
    Dear god. That's troubling. Anyone else seeing this with iCloud?

I think the next step in diagnosing that is taking a sysdiagnose next time you see it happen - but I guess that's not happening any more because you're no longer using iCloud!

Could this possibly be related to the freezing or silent recordings in Garageband?

No, this is a whole new kettle of fish

Those iCloud issues sound a lot like the well known ios13 beta iCloud issues which have been alarming since beta 1