Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPadOS Safari Downloads to External Drive 👌🏾

Quick update on the recent Public beta.
You can now set your external drive as default location for Safari downloads.
This means that app developers could possibly implement the usage of external drives in their apps.
Here is the video test.

Comments

• Eeesa gooda!

• !!

LumaFusion did a YouTube livestream a few weeks ago and mentioned they are definitely adding external drive file access.

According to them , actually hosting projects on an external drive is even possible, but not working well yet and not a feature that will be coming any time soon. obviously video editing would require very fast read/write access.

• As far as I've read about in the developer documentation it's fully possible for any app to request access to a specified path/location.

So in theory it should be possible for a sampler app to request access to a folder where the user stores their samples for easier access from within the app.

But as always with new iOS features it takes a long time before developers actually implement the new stuff.
    And well, since this is one of the unique iPadOS/iOS13 features developers would likely have to leave 'Legacy iOS' users in the dust...

• I really wish Splice.com would do this. I know I can do the drop box work around. I have emailed them to ask if they would support this when Ipad OS 13 comes out. We will see what they say.

• Would solve problem of Kontakt on IOS.

• @AudioGus said:
    Eeesa gooda!

Nicee

• @Hmtx said:
    !!

LumaFusion did a YouTube livestream a few weeks ago and mentioned they are definitely adding external drive file access.

According to them , actually hosting projects on an external drive is even possible, but not working well yet and not a feature that will be coming any time soon. obviously video editing would require very fast read/write access.

Yeah I did posted the video on the forum in regards to LumaFusion features?
    They said this fall could possibly see the usage of files being directly imported from external storage.
    That’s a pretty good start I’d say.

• @Samu said:
    As far as I've read about in the developer documentation it's fully possible for any app to request access to a specified path/location.

So in theory it should be possible for a sampler app to request access to a folder where the user stores their samples for easier access from within the app.

But as always with new iOS features it takes a long time before developers actually implement the new stuff.
    And well, since this is one of the unique iPadOS/iOS13 features developers would likely have to leave 'Legacy iOS' users in the dust...

I really feel the pain of legacy iOS users.
    It’s really sad that some folks won’t have the possibility to use the new features

• @Paa89 said:
    video on the forum in regards to LumaFusion features?
    They said this fall could possibly see the usage of files being directly imported from external storage.
    That’s a pretty good start I’d say.

Oh, that was you that posted this! https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33933/lumafusion-will-be-getting-direct-access-to-external-storage-according-to-the-developers

A good start for sure.

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    I really wish Splice.com would do this. I know I can do the drop box work around. I have emailed them to ask if they would support this when Ipad OS 13 comes out. We will see what they say.

Let’s keep our finger crossed.
    I’d also love to see Output Arcade for iOS.

• @UnoWoo said:
    Would solve problem of Kontakt on IOS.

There is still the Ram limit issue.Apple should just take it off.

• So one can ‘store’ content like Blocs Wave, GM’’s Apps, etc on external drives?

• @RajahP said:
    So one can ‘store’ content like Blocs Wave, GM’’s Apps, etc on external drives?

It’s is possible only if the App developer decides to implement the feature.

• @Paa89 said:

@RajahP said:

It’s is possible only if the App developer decides to mplement the feature.

Apple has given the platform, now its up to the single developers

• @Paa89 said:

@RajahP said:

It’s is possible only if the App developer decides to implement the feature.

Thanks.. the future looks bright..

• @Paa89 said:

@UnoWoo said:
    Would solve problem of Kontakt on IOS.

There is still the Ram limit issue.Apple should just take it off.

I think, Contact is using disk streaming anyway, so memory limit isn't that huge issue, or ?

• @Hmtx said:
    !!

probably only very fast external drives for digital cinema cameras can be used for video editing. I have one of those ordered, should arrive next week.

http://www.wise-advanced.com.tw/pro/pro-ssd.html

• @Phil999 said:

@Hmtx said:
    !!

probably only very fast external drives for digital cinema cameras can be used for video editing. I have one of those ordered, should arrive next week.

http://www.wise-advanced.com.tw/pro/pro-ssd.html

Nice!

Just to be clear, the LumaFusion development team said they had external video projects working (on their testing devices) but definitely not releasing that feature any time soon. What is coming soon is easy copy/load/save to and from external harddrives. This just makes the import/ export much easier.

• this makes sense, and is a big advantage just to have the option to quickly transfer files to and from the iPad. Maybe LumaFusion and any other video editing app (I'm still using Pinnacle Pro) will never officially support editing directly from external media, but hopefully make it possible for enthusiasts and experts who own very fast media types.