Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPad OS beta, 3 fingers gesture makes it impossible to play chords (FIxed), (hope On OS release too)

Comments

• @Pierre118 said:
    Just installed iPadOS Developer 13.1

3-finger chords in Garageband : no popup, perfect! :)
    3-finger chords in ALL other apps : no popup, but not working at all :s

Apples makes progress(for their own apps.....), but I don't have much faith that this will be solved in the final in september.

But fine, another feedback on the way.

@Paa89 you are right, Apple forces us to use Garageband only :D

it is still very much there in GarageBand. You won’t see it until the undo buffer gets populated with something.

• edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2019

I was hoping to get my iPad at least up to iPadOs 13 to be able to use external USB storage.

I want the external storage more than I want touch screen chord capability. As long I can still use a Midi keyboard controller for playing chords, that will have to be good enough.

But if IAA is completely eliminated, I'm hoping Audiobus will be able to provide an way to keep "legacy" non-AU Apps usable.

If the time comes where some future iOS upgrade effectively "bricks" too many of the Apps and capabilities my iPad has now... My plan is to freeze my iPad at the last version of iOS/iPadOs that provides the greatest diversity for making music, and preserves my monetary investment in the iPad as a Music Creation Workstation.

My iPad would essentially become a vintage musical tool from a bygone era, and I'll use it as long as it keeps working.

But, for the sake of "guessing about" the concept of "an iOS update that breaks Apps" from entirely hypothetical business and legal perspective...

I think Apple would be a gigantic idiot if they made a "sudden" update that made an entire "class" of popular Music Creation Applications suddenly useless.

I'd hope Apple would provide a big warning in capital letters in that update, so users won't accidentally click on the Update button without being informed of the consequences, and the loss they would suffer.

I'd also might consider Apple "deceptive", if they allow the sale of entire categories of Apps such as those that rely of IAA and on-screen keyboards, right up to the moment that some future iOS update breaks their functionality and renders that entire class of Apps useless.

I believe if Apple is fully aware that an iOS update will break the functionality of a great many Applications they are selling on their store, that they have a duty to inform consumers, to prevent consumers from purchasing an entire "Class of Apps" that will no longer properly function on the very Computer Device which the Application Products are being marketed to function on.

For all the above reasons, I'd speculate that it would be unlikely that Apple will suddenly drop support for such a large number of Applications without providing a reasonable degree of forewarning.

If Apple does break an entire class of Music Apps with no fair warning in a single OS update, I'd expect to receive a refund for the cost of all effected Apps that were purchased within a reasonable period prior to the issue of that update.

I differentiate between the concept of software bugs that arise unexpectedly, and software that is designed with full knowledge that it will deprive a great number of users of features which users they have a reasonable expectation to be able to continue to enjoy, without providing reasonable prior notice that such update will disable such features.

Thus.... I have faith that Apple will do the right thing.

• @horsetrainer said:
    I was hoping to get my iPad at least up to iPadOs 13 to be able to use external USB storage.

I want the external storage more than I want touch screen chord capability. As long I can still use a Midi keyboard controller for playing chords, that will have to be good enough.

But if IAA is completely eliminated, I'm hoping Audiobus will be able to provide an way to keep "legacy" non-AU Apps usable.

If the time comes where some future iOS upgrade effectively "bricks" too many of the Apps and capabilities my iPad has now... My plan is to freeze my iPad at the last version of iOS/iPadOs that provides the greatest diversity for making music, and preserves my monetary investment in the iPad as a Music Creation Workstation.

My iPad would essentially become a vintage musical tool from a bygone era, and I'll use it as long as it keeps working.

But, for the sake of "guessing about" the concept of "an iOS update that breaks Apps" from entirely hypothetical business and legal perspective...

I think Apple would be a gigantic idiot if they made a "sudden" update that made an entire "class" of popular Music Creation Applications suddenly useless.

I'd hope Apple would provide a big warning in capital letters in that update, so users won't accidentally click on the Update button without being informed of the consequences, and the loss they would suffer.

I'd also might consider Apple "deceptive", if they allow the sale of entire categories of Apps such as those that rely of IAA and on-screen keyboards, right up to the moment that some future iOS update breaks their functionality and renders that entire class of Apps useless.

I believe if Apple is fully aware that an iOS update will break the functionality of a great many Applications they are selling on their store, that they have a duty to inform consumers, to prevent consumers from purchasing an entire "Class of Apps" that will no longer properly function on the very Computer Device which the Application Products are being marketed to function on.

For all the above reasons, I'd speculate that it would be unlikely that Apple will suddenly drop support for such a large number of Applications without providing a reasonable degree of forewarning.

If Apple does break an entire class of Music Apps with no fair warning in a single OS update, I'd expect to receive a refund for the cost of all effected Apps that were purchased within a reasonable period prior to the issue of that update.

I differentiate between the concept of software bugs that arise unexpectedly, and software that is designed with full knowledge that it will deprive a great number of users of features which users they have a reasonable expectation to be able to continue to enjoy, without providing reasonable prior notice that such update will disable such features.

Thus.... I have faith that Apple will do the right thing.

What’s really wired is that it was working greatly until beta 4 or 5 that’s when the whole issue started,
    In my humble opinion, this 3 fingers copy and paste is just useless.
    Just leave it to the old way, select, long tap, copy and long tap paste.

• @realdawei said:

@Pierre118 said:

Apples makes progress(for their own apps.....), but I don't have much faith that this will be solved in the final in september.

it is still very much there in GarageBand. You won’t see it until the undo buffer gets populated with something.

You are right, it does pop up

• This is just hillarious :D

• edited August 2019

Good find, @Samu

Even some basic functions doesn't work or behave like they should be, very concerning. And, what I have read, the 13.0 beta 8 will be the GM, maybe followed by a first day patch.

Well, enough to discuss :smile:

• @Pierre118 said:
    Good find, @Samu

Even some basic functions doesn't work or behave like they should be, very concerning. And, what I have read, the 13.0 beta 8 will be the GM, maybe followed by a first day patch.

Yeah, some fixes/features will be postponed to iPadOS/iOS13.1...
    ...which is already in beta :) (And it's also mentioned in the comments to the video).

• @Samu said:

@Pierre118 said:
    Good find, @Samu

Yeah, some fixes/features will be postponed to iPadOS/iOS13.1...
    ...which is already in beta :) (And it's also mentioned in the comments to the video).

If the previous beta was the last of iPadOS 13 beta, maybe most of the bugs were fixed.i don’t think Apple would release a Os with all the presents bugs we are facing.
    If that happens, then..... I have no words to say 😂😂😂

• @Paa89 said:

If the previous beta was the last of iPadOS 13 beta, maybe most of the bugs were fixed.i don’t think Apple would release a Os with all the presents bugs we are facing.

Well, there's no such thing as 'no bugs' and even with loads of testers not every single scenario or use-case will be covered.

I will be installing iPadOS on my iPad Air 2 when it ships and I almost expect to bump into at least a few WTFs :D

The most amazing thing would be if there's a 'bug attack' on stage on the keynote hahaha....

• @Paa89 said:

Most years there are so many bugs in the initial release, especially relating to music apps, that I don’t upgrade until March or April.

iOS 12 was an exception, that was pretty good right from the beginning, but that was the first time in years that it was safe to upgrade straight away.

If you use music apps it’s much safer to wait rather than jump in straight away.

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

Well, there's no such thing as 'no bugs' and even with loads of testers not every single scenario or use-case will be covered.

I will be installing iPadOS on my iPad Air 2 when it ships and I almost expect to bump into at least a few WTFs :D

The most amazing thing would be if there's a 'bug attack' on stage on the keynote hahaha....
    @richardyot said:

@Paa89 said:

Most years there are so many bugs in the initial release, especially relating to music apps, that I don’t upgrade until March or April.

iOS 12 was an exception, that was pretty good right from the beginning, but that was the first time in years that it was safe to upgrade straight away.

If you use music apps it’s much safer to wait rather than jump in straight away.

I will install the final version and keep you guys updated.
    😂

• @Paa89 said:

I will install the final version and keep you guys updated.
    😂

I'll be installing it as well...
    The way I use my iPad for noisemaking I have ZERO issues with iOS12.4.1...

I expect a few glitches with iPadOS/iOS13 but that's part of the game :)

• iPadOS 13.1 beta 2 : 3-fingers gesture chord bug is fixed!

All the feedback worked.

• @Pierre118 said:
    iPadOS 13.1 beta 2 : 3-fingers gesture chord bug is fixed!

All the feedback worked.

Finally we did it! thanks @Pierre118

• @Pierre118 said:
    iPadOS 13.1 beta 2 : 3-fingers gesture chord bug is fixed!

All the feedback worked.

Great news!

That version hasn't shown up as a public beta just yet. I assume that will probably be tomorrow.

• Thanks to all for your testing and reporting. Not on the beta but very grateful for your hard work in dealing with this bug.

• Wow! Cool news!
    Thanks for your effort in emailing Apple again and again. Finally they fixed it. I almost had given up hope for pados
    Seemed to be far from useable on the iPad - we getting there ;)

• @Faland Yes, we did!
    @DavidEnglish Maybe later this day, if Apple is in a hurry........

• I just hope its also fixed when they release the os in few weeks 😂😂

• @Pierre118 said:
    @DavidEnglish Maybe later this day, if Apple is in a hurry........

Looks like Apple is in a hurry. I'm now downloading the iPadOS 13.1 Public beta 2.

• I just installed the iPadOS 13.1 Public beta 2.

TC-Data, TC-11, and GeoShred are functioning normally. No more three-fingered hiccups.

I then went into Pages, where I was able to use three fingers to paste some text.

• Can the OP change the heading of the thread to FIXED..

It is such a great Os..

• Umm no this is not fixed. Some AU can bring it back.
    For example in GarageBand, load FM Player 2. Choose at least one preset.

This will wake up the undo gesture.
    3 finger chord 8th notes and your instrument will disappear.

• edited September 2019

@realdawei said:
    Umm no this is not fixed. Some AU can bring it back.

Only in GarageBand. Cuabsis and BM3 work good, no pop up menu

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Pierre118 said:

Everything around new iPads and new OS to iPads seems to be Apple trying to kill the whole music making thing...
    No normal audio out (3.5mm), no buttons, gesture changes, etc etc...
    My patience are more or less done here... Current iPads I have (four different) seems to be the last one bought from Apple...

Not really
    The two latest iPads both had headphone sockets and the fastest CPU and all the buttons, gesture changes get fixed to be transparent etc etc.
    IPad Pro are designed for visual designers not musicians, use an Air or Mini and be happy.

• @Paa89 said:

@realdawei said:

On in GarageBand. Cuabsis and BM3 work good, no pop up menu

Maybe not here, but GB is used by tens of thousands of customers...” GB Users Matter!” ☺️

• @realdawei said:

@Paa89 said:

@realdawei said:

On in GarageBand. Cuabsis and BM3 work good, no pop up menu

Maybe not here, but GB is used by tens of thousands of customers...” GB Users Matter!” ☺️

Did you give Apple feedback about this?

• @realdawei said:

I almost expect Apple to drop a fresh GarageBand update when iOS13/iPadOS drops and it will be a 'requirement' to run the new GarageBand version to take advantage of all the 'news'.

Being able to edit the automation data from touch instruments would be neat for starters and well, AUv3 automation & editing would be icing on the cake as would more in-depth editing of the instruments (at least allow us to tune the samples in the drum kit and maybe even drop user samples to the pads or even user sounds from the other kits in one kit).

Ironically the GarageBand drum-kits contain more sounds than there are pads on the screen...

Next Tuesday we'll know more!