Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPad OS beta, 3 fingers gesture makes it impossible to play chords (FIxed), (hope On OS release too)

Comments

• @Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:
    @Paa89 I have a iPad Pro 12.9 512GB gen2(2017). Just tested it again, chord 3-fingers has been fixed in yesterday's update.

Hi there could you please tell me what are you settings in the multi gestures section?

The gestures are enabled. But........I have to admit, sometimes it pops up for a fraction of a second. I can continue playing the keyboard. So, it's still not what it must be. Maybe the developers need to update their apps to disable it???

btw.....Disable the gestures makes no difference at all. Time for a feedback again. You do the same?

• @Pierre118 said:

@Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:
    @Paa89 I have a iPad Pro 12.9 512GB gen2(2017). Just tested it again, chord 3-fingers has been fixed in yesterday's update.

Hi there could you please tell me what are you settings in the multi gestures section?

The gestures are enabled. But........I have to admit, sometimes it pops up for a fraction of a second. I can continue playing the keyboard. So, it's still not what it must be. Maybe the developers need to update their apps to disable it???

btw.....Disable the gestures makes no difference at all. Time for a feedback again. You do the same?

😂😂 thanks for the info.i was getting paranoid, was thinking that the were about to mess up the iPad Pro 11 like they did with audio last year.

• edited August 2019

@Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

😂😂 thanks for the info.i was getting paranoid, was thinking that the were about to mess up the iPad Pro 11 like they did with audio last year.

They still can...... :wink:

Hope i'm wrong but I'm afraid that all the developers have to update their apps for this.

• edited August 2019

@Pierre118 said:

@Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

Hope i'm wrong but I'm afraid that all the developers have to update their apps for this.

😂😂.
    Let’s hope that’s not the case.all we can do now is to submit a feedback and see if it gets a fix in the next update.
    Really wired that It was working on beta 3/4/5. So I don’t think it has to do with the developers but rather Apple.i could be wrong

• I still think it’s a bug since the cut/copy/paste thing is only usable when there’s an active object, selection or text field present..,

• @Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

@Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

😂😂.
    Let’s hope that’s not the case.all we can do now is to submit a feedback and see if it gets a fix in the next update.
    Really wired that It was working on beta 3/4/5. So I don’t think it has to do with the developers but rather Apple.i could be wrong

Let's wait for the next beta, or better...... the final version in september

• @Samu said:
    I still think it’s a bug since the cut/copy/paste thing is only usable when there’s an active object, selection or text field present..,

That makes sense, hope you're right

• edited August 2019

@Pierre118 said:

It's still a major problem for apps such as TC-11 and TC-Data, where you might play a three-fingered chord and then drag that chord across the screen for an altered sound. When I try to do that with the latest beta, the notes cut off just as the undo/cut/copy/paste/redo interface flashes. I can't drag the notes, because they're no longer playing.

I'll be sending this info in a feedback message.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@Pierre118 said:

It's still a major problem for apps such as TC-11 and TC-Data, where you might play a three-fingered chord and then drag that chord across the screen for an altered sound. When I try to do that with the latest beta, the notes cut off just as the undo/cut/copy/paste/redo interface flashes. I can't drag the notes, because they're no longer playing.

Please do send a feedback and also do a screen recording of your procedure with the mic on and explain while you are doing it.

• edited August 2019

@Pierre118 said:

You could be right.
    Here is an update.
    I just download GarageBand and have it a test.
    Surprise surprise I works in GarageBand, but the copy paste pop-up does come up.
    I could still play 3 fingers chords without issues.
    GB is the only app working.
    Guess Apple wants us to use only GB from now on 🤣🤣

• @Paa89 It works in GB, but the pop-up is still coming. Hope Apple will fix this.

• @Paa89 said:

@Pierre118 said:

You could be right.
    Here is an update.
    I just download GarageBand and have it a test.
    Surprise surprise I works in GarageBand, but the copy paste pop-up does come up.
    I could still play 3 fingers chords without issues.
    GB is the only app working.
    Guess Apple wants us to use only GB from now on 🤣🤣

It’s possible there’s nothing to really undo yet. Try recording two tracks in GB. On the second track record an 8th note pattern with with a 3 fingered chord.

In my experience on the second chord the whole instrument will vanish...poof.

• Has anyone got this working on iPadOS? I'm on beta 6 but it's still not working. Thanks in advance.

• @audio_DT said:
    Has anyone got this working on iPadOS? I'm on beta 6 but it's still not working. Thanks in advance.

Beta 7 - not working

• @Pierre118 said:

@audio_DT said:
    Has anyone got this working on iPadOS? I'm on beta 6 but it's still not working. Thanks in advance.

Beta 7 - not working

Thanks.

• It seems that the Apple engineers have a hard time to keep all gestures consistent anymore.
    Even in previous 12.x iOS releases, simple typing on the on-screen keyboard can activate gestures accidentally. It's not only the multitude of recognizable gestures, it's also the lack of being able to fine-tune them to each personal writing style. I'm quite a fast writer and I'm stunned how much better I can write without errors on an old iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1, multitasking gestures enabled too.

• Just updated my iPad to IOS 13 Developer Beta 8. Still the '3-finger' gesture in music apps. Time for feedback (again).

• @Pierre118 said:
    Just updated my iPad to IOS 13 Developer Beta 8. Still the '3-finger' gesture in music apps. Time for feedback (again).

Wonder if Apple is 'brave enough' to release iOS13/iPadOS on Friday the 13th?
    The Apple event is apparently happening on September 10th...

• @Pierre118 said:
    Just updated my iPad to IOS 13 Developer Beta 8. Still the '3-finger' gesture in music apps. Time for feedback (again).

I just sent feedback on this too

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Pierre118 said:

I just sent feedback on this too

Thanks!

• Tagging @BitShapeSoft just in case.
    I use TC-Data all the time :)

@DavidEnglish said:

@Pierre118 said:

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

@Pierre118 said:

Wonder if Apple is 'brave enough' to release iOS13/iPadOS on Friday the 13th?
    The Apple event is apparently happening on September

iPhone 11 released on the 10th
    iOS 13 released on the 12th Most likely not brave enough ;)

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Tagging @BitShapeSoft just in case.
    I use TC-Data all the time :)

@DavidEnglish said:

@Pierre118 said:

I use TC-Data almost every day, and this issue is still there with the latest beta.

I've sent feedback on it again. Though we're getting awfully close to the likely launch date.

• Model D and GarageBand are the only apps that work with 3 fingers.the copy/paste thing still comes up.
    Guess Apple wants us to start using GarageBand from now on 😂😂😂

• @DavidEnglish said:

@Pierre118 said:

The GeoShred apps are affected by this issue. I've sent additional feedback pointing that out to Apple. The GeoShred apps may be high-profile enough to get some attention.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@DavidEnglish said:

@Pierre118 said:

The GeoShred apps are affected by this issue. I've sent additional feedback pointing that out to Apple. The GeoShred apps may be high-profile enough to get some attention.

Well done, David.

I mentioned Garageband in my feedback to Apple, if that is not high-profile enough.......

• edited August 2019

Just installed iPadOS Developer 13.1

3-finger chords in Garageband : no popup, perfect! :)
    3-finger chords in ALL other apps : no popup, but not working at all :s

Apples makes progress(for their own apps.....), but I don't have much faith that this will be solved in the final in september.

But fine, another feedback on the way.

@Paa89 you are right, Apple forces us to use Garageband only :D

• @Pierre118 said:

Apples makes progress(for their own apps.....), but I don't have much faith that this will be solved in the final in september.

😂😂😂 thanks for the update, gonna install it now. I think It will be ok by the next update.

• @Pierre118 said:

Everything around new iPads and new OS to iPads seems to be Apple trying to kill the whole music making thing...
    No normal audio out (3.5mm), no buttons, gesture changes, etc etc...
    My patience are more or less done here... Current iPads I have (four different) seems to be the last one bought from Apple...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

Everything around new iPads and new OS to iPads seems to be Apple trying to kill the whole music making thing...
    No normal audio out (3.5mm), no buttons, gesture changes, etc etc...
    My patience are more or less done here... Current iPads I have (four different) seems to be the last one bought from Apple...

You’re right, but could you name a reliable alternative in the mobile world?