Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Getting AUM to accept MIDI clock from Synthstrom Deluge

I'm very confused about this!

I've connected my Deluge to the MIDI In port of my Zoom U44. The U44 is connected via USB to my iPad Pro. The MIDI connection shows up in AUM as a MIDI I/O device that I can see on the MIDI flowchart in AUM, and whenever I press Play on the Deluge I can see a signal coming in (it's a little underline). But I can't figure out how to make AUM accept the clock. I've gone to the MIDI Ctrl section, set it to receive MMC and then tapped on the 'Toggle Play' line. But I can't make it learn a MIDI message, and I don't know what CC the Deluge sends out on a play command. (I would just set AUM to the same tempo, I have no idea how I would go about making it respond to tempo changes.)

Hmmmm...

Has anyone else had luck getting external devices to control AUM?

Comments

  • AUM does not receive MIDI realtime messages, which includes clock or start/stop/continue/reset, which is what the Deluge sends; they’re not CC messages.

    The alternative is using either AUM in Audiobus and make it sync to the Deluge, or use the MIDI Link Sync app and then make AUM sync to Link.

  • edited August 8

    @jipumarino said:
    AUM does not receive MIDI realtime messages, which includes clock or start/stop/continue/reset, which is what the Deluge sends; they’re not CC messages.

    The alternative is using either AUM in Audiobus and make it sync to the Deluge, or use the MIDI Link Sync app and then make AUM sync to Link.

    Thanks. :) Would I just put AUM in the Output slot?

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @jipumarino said:
    AUM does not receive MIDI realtime messages, which includes clock or start/stop/continue/reset, which is what the Deluge sends; they’re not CC messages.

    The alternative is using either AUM in Audiobus and make it sync to the Deluge, or use the MIDI Link Sync app and then make AUM sync to Link.

    Thanks. :) Would I just put AUM in the Output slot?

    I've always used AUM in an input slot, but for MIDI sync any would work

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I'm very confused about this!

    I've connected my Deluge to the MIDI In port of my Zoom U44. The U44 is connected via USB to my iPad Pro. The MIDI connection shows up in AUM as a MIDI I/O device that I can see on the MIDI flowchart in AUM, and whenever I press Play on the Deluge I can see a signal coming in (it's a little underline). But I can't figure out how to make AUM accept the clock. I've gone to the MIDI Ctrl section, set it to receive MMC and then tapped on the 'Toggle Play' line. But I can't make it learn a MIDI message, and I don't know what CC the Deluge sends out on a play command. (I would just set AUM to the same tempo, I have no idea how I would go about making it respond to tempo changes.)

    Hmmmm...

    Has anyone else had luck getting external devices to control AUM?

    You seem to be mixing up AUM with apeMatrix.
    The latter is the one that can sync to MIDI Clock, AUM cannot.

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @jipumarino said:
    AUM does not receive MIDI realtime messages, which includes clock or start/stop/continue/reset, which is what the Deluge sends; they’re not CC messages.

    The alternative is using either AUM in Audiobus and make it sync to the Deluge, or use the MIDI Link Sync app and then make AUM sync to Link.

    Thanks. :) Would I just put AUM in the Output slot?

    You'll need to go into the sync settings in AudioBus. If you want the Deluge to be the master set Audiobus to receive clock from it. Enable Link and Link Stop/Start in both AudioBus and AUM. Now AUM will follow via Link. It doesn't matter if AUM is in the output or input. Either will work.

    (Saying all this without owning a Deluge. ymmv.)

  • edited August 8

    Did you set the Clock settings in the 'Midi/Cmd' menu of the Deluge?

    If I can make some time, I will try it this evening

Sign In or Register to comment.