Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB Reverb by ToneBoosters (AUv3, IAA)

Comments

• edited August 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oat_phipps said:
    ~~~~> @klownshed said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I can’t make my mind up whether to get this, or sell a kidney to buy the Blackhole.

You know you’ll still end up with them both.

You’ll find yourself buying Blackhole one day as your thumb defies you and authorises payment on the Touch ID against your will.

I've found that having to click the sleep button twice limits my purchases compared to thumb id.

I was thinking this was more whacky than Blackhole - maybe not. To be honest I can do a lot of whacky stuff with the Audiodamage fx, but I haven’t got anything that does that Blackhole thing.

Yeah I’ll probably get both and love/hate myself for it.

@MonzoPro the shimmer LFO presets on this one are very wacky !

Ahhh. I wish there were some video demos up. I've got a birthday iTunes voucher heading my way on Friday, so a lot of this depends on how generous Mrs Monzo has been. Might be a bit weird buying two reverbs though...as I do already have a lot of them...

just skimmed your thread/chain (not sure if you are talking blackhole or TB?) but you can get the TB demos for free on desktop (I think?).

• edited August 2019

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oat_phipps said:
    ~~~~> @klownshed said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I can’t make my mind up whether to get this, or sell a kidney to buy the Blackhole.

You know you’ll still end up with them both.

You’ll find yourself buying Blackhole one day as your thumb defies you and authorises payment on the Touch ID against your will.

I've found that having to click the sleep button twice limits my purchases compared to thumb id.

I was thinking this was more whacky than Blackhole - maybe not. To be honest I can do a lot of whacky stuff with the Audiodamage fx, but I haven’t got anything that does that Blackhole thing.

Yeah I’ll probably get both and love/hate myself for it.

@MonzoPro the shimmer LFO presets on this one are very wacky !

Ahhh. I wish there were some video demos up. I've got a birthday iTunes voucher heading my way on Friday, so a lot of this depends on how generous Mrs Monzo has been. Might be a bit weird buying two reverbs though...as I do already have a lot of them...

just skimmed your thread/chain (not sure if you are talking blackhole or TB?) but you can get the TB demos for free on desktop (I think?).

Thanks, yeah TB demos I'm after, there seem to be plenty Blackhole ones now. Don't want to install desktop demos - I try and avoid installing anything like that unless I'm going to buy and use the full thing.

• Really the question here is “do I like a good reverb?” If yes then buy. This is the best one. Period. Blackhole is fantastic but it is a special effect. TB Reverb is both that and a practical reverb.

• It's amazing, seriously.

• @DCJ said:
    Really the question here is “do I like a good reverb?” If yes then buy. This is the best one. Period. Blackhole is fantastic but it is a special effect. TB Reverb is both that and a practical reverb.

@oddSTAR said:
    It's amazing, seriously.

Yeah bought, and happy :)

• edited August 2019

And the big q? Whats the ”best” reverb for vocals then?

• The TB Reverb and EQ are brilliant. The difference when I add them to a track/instrument is just stunning. Very, very happy with these.

• @marcuspresident said:

Fabfiler Pro-R in my opinion. Because you can shape the length of the reflections by frequency, with the help of a spectrum analyser - so basically you can shape the reverb according to the timbre of the vocal.

You can also do something similar in the ToneBoosters reverb, but without the spectrum analyser so it's a little harder to do with the same level of precision.

These are the only two reverbs on iOS that can do this kind of reflection shaping though.

I use this trick all the time :)

• I’m really satisfied with the reverb and eq. I’m checking constantly to see if they have released anymore, I’m a fiend

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I’m really satisfied with the reverb and eq. I’m checking constantly to see if they have released anymore, I’m a fiend

I think they’re in the ‘instabuy’ category for me now.

• @MonzoPro said:

I think they’re in the ‘instabuy’ category for me now.

Oh absolutely, I don’t even wait for a review or a response, as soon as I see it’s released, I buy that up immediately

• @richardyot said:

@marcuspresident said:

Fabfiler Pro-R in my opinion. Because you can shape the length of the reflections by frequency, with the help of a spectrum analyser - so basically you can shape the reverb according to the timbre of the vocal.

You can also do something similar in the ToneBoosters reverb, but without the spectrum analyser so it's a little harder to do with the same level of precision.

These are the only two reverbs on iOS that can do this kind of reflection shaping though.

I use this trick all the time :)

Hehe, the trick 😃 Is that fooling yourself to like your own voice!?
    I've notice that I can tweak my unlikeble frequencies in pro-q so it becomes bearable to listen too. Maybe the fabfilter-R can tweak it even further 😃🤔

Nice song BTW @richardyot

• @marcuspresident said:
    Hehe, the trick 😃 Is that fooling yourself to like your own voice!?
    I've notice that I can tweak my unlikeble frequencies in pro-q so it becomes bearable to listen too. Maybe the fabfilter-R can tweak it even further 😃🤔

I don't think of it like EQ really, it's more that I'm using the reverb to emphasize frequencies that (hopefully) complement the vocal. So a for example a darker reverb in the verse (that follows the timbre of the vocal) and a brighter one in the verse, each tailored to the voice.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I’m really satisfied with the reverb and eq. I’m checking constantly to see if they have released anymore, I’m a fiend

This is exactly where I’m at!

• Just as heads up: we are implementing a reverb spectrum analyser showing the spectrum for direct and reverb simultaneously in one graph. And a really neat visualisation of spectra in the Equalizer plugin.

• @DJB said:
    Just as heads up: we are implementing a reverb spectrum analyser showing the spectrum for direct and reverb simultaneously in one graph. And a really neat visualisation of spectra in the Equalizer plugin.

Excellent! The best just keeps getting better ... Loving your plugins and they're getting used in everything :)

One workflow suggestion that would help speed things up when I get into creative flow ... I would love if there was a slightly easier way to alter the Q value on nodes in an EQ curve (in both TB Equaliser and Reverb) ... say if the node in question was long pressed with one finger, while a second finger swiped vertically, this could increase\decrease Q for that node, if that makes sense? I saw this on another EQ plugin I was trying out and intuitively looked for it in the TB plugins.

At the moment, the Q value is contained in a very small area and with a bit of fat finger syndrome I don't always hit it first time.

• @DJB said:
    Just as heads up: we are implementing a reverb spectrum analyser showing the spectrum for direct and reverb simultaneously in one graph. And a really neat visualisation of spectra in the Equalizer plugin.

spectral visualisation will be absolutely Fab ( no pun intended :] ) .. DJB you guys n gals can do no wrong.
    get that Enhancer out soon .. oh.. and Morphit.. and Reelbus... er... and Barricade .. throw in a bit of SiBalance while yr at it :) I’ll just post all my itunes gift card stash directly to yr home address I guess.

• @DJB said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Dang it! I really refuse to buy another reverb or delay. I’ve got tons and almost all are AUv3. When you chain multiple instances up it seems like infinite possibilities already with what I have.

However, I love the TB EQ so much and quickly becoming a fan of this developer... that I might have to get this reverb anyway.

• The great Toneboosters takeover of 2019.

• @DJB said:

Sounds awesome 👏

• edited August 2019

@skiphunt said:
    Dang it! I really refuse to buy another reverb or delay. I’ve got tons and almost all are AUv3. When you chain multiple instances up it seems like infinite possibilities already with what I have.

However, I love the TB EQ so much and quickly becoming a fan of this developer... that I might have to get this reverb anyway.

I’d definitely recommend it - I’ve got a ton of reverbs already but this is a totally different kettle of fish. I played a simple synth arp last night through the reverb and EQ, jamming with the settings, and it could have been a whole track in itself due to the diversity of sounds I was getting. Wonderful app.

• @DJB said:

Awesome!

• @MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:
    Dang it! I really refuse to buy another reverb or delay. I’ve got tons and almost all are AUv3. When you chain multiple instances up it seems like infinite possibilities already with what I have.

I’d definitely recommend it - I’ve got a ton of reverbs already but this is a totally different kettle of fish. I played a simple synth arp last night through the reverb and EQ, jamming with the settings, and it could have been a whole track in itself due to the diversity of sounds I was getting. Wonderful app.

It's actually my birthday today and I've got some fresh credit. I love the TB EQ so I guess I'm gonna grab this as well. Thanks!

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

It's actually my birthday today and I've got some fresh credit. I love the TB EQ so I guess I'm gonna grab this as well. Thanks!

Ah there you go then, it was my birthday present yesterday!

• Yes, it’s only $5.99. Yes, it’s available to demo on a Mac or PC. Yes the word of mouth and reviews on this have been pretty much great across the board. Why am I still on the fence?
    1. Still no videos
    2. Looks a bit complicated (at least the pics shown in the App Store) for my taste.
    3. I have a bazillion reverbs.

I’m pretty much a preset kind of person. I do tinker a bit but would much rather be wowed without going through the bother. Does that make me a bad person? Lazy? Maybe, but I’d rather spend my time making music.
    I do know that I’ll eventually buy this to feed into my habit but I guess my big question here is, how are the presets?

Ok, I’m done whining!

• @MonzoPro said:
    I'm on the fence too, and disappointed with the lack of any online demos, but Sid might swing it.

Sound more like Sid James from seance. :)

• edited August 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm put off a bit by the cost of the Fabfilter.

Yes, expensive for IOS. But FF Timeless and Pro-R most versatile. Lots of demo on-line show this well.

• I'm also a preset person and this has a bunch and most sound fantastic. I haven't even bothered tweaking yet and have been in heaven for days. I have at least a half dozen reverbs, Eos2 being my favorite (Blackhole not yet among them), and I like ethereal atmospheres and big, lush reverbs in particular. I am not disappointed at all.

• @UnoWoo said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I'm on the fence too, and disappointed with the lack of any online demos, but Sid might swing it.

Sound more like Sid James from seance. :)

I like it! :)
    Carry On Clairvoyant.