Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB Reverb by ToneBoosters (AUv3, IAA)

Comments

• @DCJ said:

@Samu said:
    Hmm, so I decide to get this one too (I admit it was the shimmer option that did it for me).

I do wonder why they left out the 'analyzer' for the EQ in the Reverb?
    It's so nice in the EQ...

Was just gonna respond re: shimmer, but I’m sure you’ve already discovered the LFO. Triggering the level of the 2 shimmers (one set to 7 and the other to 12) with opposite polarity on the sends is beeeeeeautiful. Sounds better than 4pockets to my ears. I don’t own stellar.

Yeah, been playing it for a while now...
    For me it's too damned small to be usable on the iPhone 8 but on the iPad it's nice...
    Still hoping Eventide will release more H9 stuff as iOS AUv3's :D

• @Samu said:

I insta-bought this thinking there would be the EQ analyzer... oh well, at least it sounds FANTASTIC :smiley:

• @Mark B said:
    Not familiar with this reverb but after reading comments on Gearslutz it’s up there with the best.

Their whole line are beasts. The hype is real.

• @Hmtx said:

@Samu said:

I insta-bought this thinking there would be the EQ analyzer... oh well, at least it sounds FANTASTIC :smiley:

Yeah it sounds good for sure but I'm still more drawn to the Black Hole it's 'magic' :D
    (If/When Eventide brings their H9 Shimmer over to iOS it will be very hard to resist).

• Any audio demos of this in use. Couldn’t find any n u tube ?

• Just got this. Seems so much more than “just” a reverb.... I mean... granular? Wtf! Anyway, an amazing bank of presets. And there is an inapp? Just Six bucks (how come we Americans get the same bucks as pounds, euros?) and worth so much more.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Just got this. Seems so much more than “just” a reverb.... I mean... granular? Wtf! Anyway, an amazing bank of presets. And there is an inapp? Just Six bucks (how come we Americans get the same bucks as pounds, euros?) and worth so much more.

i think you yanks are getting the correct deal,, it’s us Poundies & Euroshekel folks who are getting chizzed..
    though in this case, definitely NOT.. it’s really a total bargain considering what you can do with it.. was having trouble getting good results when starting from scratch but building up from one of the presets gets really interesting..
    the feedback mode ( in the shimmer/pitch ) can take some controlling though.. i’ve been trying chaining two instances with a limiter between them and sometimes it just GOES MENTAL after a minute or two!!
    i quite like that in a way.. it means it hasn’t been tamed or dumbed down by the dev..

• Is there a way to adjust the LFO? I haven’t found the speed of the LFO yet
    But: a LFO inside a reverb? Cool beans as Doug would say...

• edited August 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Just got this. Seems so much more than “just” a reverb.... I mean... granular? Wtf! Anyway, an amazing bank of presets. And there is an inapp? Just Six bucks (how come we Americans get the same bucks as pounds, euros?) and worth so much more.

i think you yanks are getting the correct deal,, it’s us Poundies & Euroshekel folks who are getting chizzed..

On top of our currency being worth next door to bugger all, we have to pay VAT which is 20% on top of the US price.

It’s the same deal in Europe where VAT is more or less 20% across the board.

If you’re a VAT a registered pro musician you get to claim the VAT back. Which is nice as you’d be invoicing out more than £85k a year.

I won’t begin to try and understand sales tax in the us. :-/

• @klownshed said:

@RockySmalls said:

@LinearLineman said:

On top of our currency being worth next door to bugger all, we have to pay VAT which is 20% on top of the US price.

If you’re a VAT a registered pro musician you get to claim the VAT back. Which is nice as you’d be invoicing out more than £85k a year.

yes, i know... the new puppet/prime minister didn’t help , sending £ scuttling down to under 1.08 to the euro..
    thanks Boris! ( said no one ever , except sarcastically )

• @RockySmalls said:

@klownshed said:

@RockySmalls said:

@LinearLineman said:

yes, i know... the new puppet/prime minister didn’t help , sending £ scuttling down to under 1.08 to the euro..
    thanks Boris! ( said no one ever , except sarcastically )

if/when we sadly leave the eu proper ( and in proper disarray i guess ) one tiny glimmer is that the vat charge on digitals is an eu ruling.. technically we could dispense with that and have cheaper downloads of apps etc..
    i say ‘technically’ because, of course, it won’t happen, more than likely VAT will go up to cover the cost of all the Klowning! :)

• Regarding the thread topic ;) How does the granular feature that @LinearLineman mentioned work?

Intrigued

• @david_2017 said:
    Is there a way to adjust the LFO? I haven’t found the speed of the LFO yet

Period is the speed.

• @DCJ said:

@david_2017 said:

Period is the speed.

Thanks man! 👍🏼

• edited August 2019

@DCJ said:

@david_2017 said:

Period is the speed.

yes, there is some slight ‘niggles’ in this department.. firstly the LFO doesn’t have an ‘unsync’ it’s always tempo based ( common gripe for me in various apps ) so the slowest you can go is 16beats .. so, in fact, a 1bar cycle.. could do with something much more sedate than this.
    secondly, the random LFO’s aren’t actually random, they are just randomly stepped ‘fixed’ waveforms at 4,8 & 16 step lengths..
    @DJB is there any chance an update might come one day that would address these restrictions??
    nevertheless it’s a fine contribution to the ios world, i thought that yr reverb should be the last to be released due to the swathes of them on ios now... but i was wrong, this one is most useful and configurable enough to spend weeks making interesting presets for it..

• @RockySmalls said:

@DCJ said:

@david_2017 said:

Period is the speed.

yes, there is some slight ‘niggles’ in this department.. firstly the LFO doesn’t have an ‘unsync’ it’s always tempo based ( common gripe for me in various apps ) so the slowest you can go is 16beats .. so, in fact, a 1bar cycle.. could do with something much more sedate than this.
    secondly, the random LFO’s aren’t actually random, they are just randomly stepped ‘fixed’ waveforms at 4,8 & 16 step lengths..
    @DJB is there any chance an update might come one day that would address these restrictions??
    nevertheless it’s a fine contribution to the ios world, i thought that yr reverb should be the last to be released due to the swathes of them on ios now... but i was wrong, this one is most useful and configurable enough to spend weeks making interesting presets for it..

I too would like longer than a bar and un-synced would also be great.

• Very happy to see more TB stuff!!
    The EQ is amazing, looking forward to trying this one later

• Thanks all for the valuable feedback!

On the LFO duration: actually you can currently go up to 16 beats, which is 4 bars if there are 4 beats in a bar.
    For 1/16 notes, set the LFO duration to 0.25 beat.

• d’oh I was actually translating a bar into a measure in my head. And I call myself a musician.

• Still no videos for this out there yet. I know the price is great and I should just buy it but I have so many reverbs already. Can anyone wow me with a short video, preferably playing an acoustic and/electric guitar. Vocals would be a bonus.

• @Philh0954 said:
    Still no videos for this out there yet. I know the price is great and I should just buy it but I have so many reverbs already. Can anyone wow me with a short video, preferably playing an acoustic and/electric guitar. Vocals would be a bonus.

Probably not what you're looking for, but I can point you to Sid James, cackling through the app here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryo6e9n168yeti7/ - SidJamesYakButterTea.mp3

I'm on the fence too, and disappointed with the lack of any online demos, but Sid might swing it.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Philh0954 said:
    Still no videos for this out there yet. I know the price is great and I should just buy it but I have so many reverbs already. Can anyone wow me with a short video, preferably playing an acoustic and/electric guitar. Vocals would be a bonus.

Probably not what you're looking for, but I can point you to Sid James, cackling through the app here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryo6e9n168yeti7/ - SidJamesYakButterTea.mp3

I'm on the fence too, and disappointed with the lack of any online demos, but Sid might swing it.

Sid Swings while Liz’s Frazers are set to ‘stun’ :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Philh0954 said:

Thanks! That’s a start.

• edited August 2019

@DJB Can anyone tell me if the EQ&Compressor section work on audio signal when the reverb section is bypassed (dry) ? Can the Eq be switched to pre or post compressor?
    Fingers crossed for the excellent Reelbus Tape plugin.
    Thanks in advance.

• DJBDJB
    edited August 2019

@stormbeats said:
    @DJB Can anyone tell me if the EQ&Compressor section work on audio signal when the reverb section is bypassed (dry) ? Can the Eq be switched to pre or post compressor?
    Thanks in advance.

The EQ and Compressor that are integrated in TB Reverb will only affect the reverb (early reflections, late reverberation, shimmer effects, etc) and leave the dry signal alone. With these tools you can thus shape the overall reverb effect to your liking.

The EQ is before the compressor so that the compressor works on a signal that is most representative of the reverberation output.

• @DJB said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance.

The EQ and Compressor that are integrated in TB Reverb will only affect the reverb (early reflections, late reverberation, shimmer effects, etc) and leave the dry signal alone. With these tools you can thus shape the overall reverb effect to your liking.

The EQ is before the compressor so that the compressor works on a signal that is most representative of the reverberation output.

@DJB ok thanks

• I thought i really didn’t need another reverb anymore since i own pretty much all of them, including Eventide Blackhole which i love! But my god is this a fantastic sounding and versatile reverb! I am instantly in love! This might just have become my new favorite reverb on iOS. So glad i made the jump, money well spent 😀👍

• I'm not particularly interested in the whole WHOA DEEP SPACE! kinds of reverb that the Blackhole promos show. I'm put off a bit by the cost of the Fabfilter.

This sounds like a good split-the-difference.

• @DJB As you can see, many of us on the forum rely on demo videos BEFORE we purchase an app. I rarely push the BUY button without watching 1 or 2.. I'm sure there are vids out there for most of your apps (not yet for this one) - BUT - they should also be recent and (best case scenario) actually show us an iOS version.. (just in case you're wondering why you haven't sold as many of these as expected.. there's a few of us still on the fence waiting for a video demo..)
    Loving what you've already brought to us.. look forward to many more of your apps.. + videos.. :)

• edited August 2019

@DJB Can u please remove the link from the ToneBoosters logo? When you click it by accident it opens a webbrowser and the TB Reverb productpage... This is kind of anoying when you're making music. Why open the website, I already bought the app...