Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 and AUi Automation Question

13»

Comments

• A rumour 🙄

• It did get pretty bad with the NS2 police for a while but I think it has got a bit better of late. It’s been a while since I noticed the unpleasant ganging up upon that occurred all to often if anybody was critical of N2.

I think most people agree that Ns2 is a very nice app and many aspects of it are properly top notch. NanoStudio works flawlessly when you use it stand alone. Its plugins are good and cpu efficient.

But I want my host to welcome auv3 with open arms. It may easily be confirmation bias but reading this forum leads me to believe a lot of people feel the same. Most of the apps that people are discussing and getting excited about are auv3 plugins.

Auv3 support in NS2 does feel like a bolt on. I seem to be alone with my particular NS2 woes, but it handles misbehaving auv3s appallingly badly in my experience.

NS2 has so many delightful little touches, thoughtful workflow shortcuts, etc. that it actually highlights the deficiencies in the auv3 support even more.

But it’s all fixable. I will remain optimistic that the next version will have much improved auv3 support. I’d be happy for this to be done before any other major features are added but I can imagine the backlash if it dropped without audio tracks or iPhone support! NS2 was released with auv3 support and it deserves the same level of care and attention the rest of the app received.

And for what it’s worth, if NS2 had been released without auv3 support I would definitely not have bought it. It wouldn’t interest me at all. Having used it, my opinion remains the same. I have no interest in using it with only the stock instruments and fx.

• @DCJ said:
    Killing AU support in NS2 would be suicide.

agreed

• @tk32 said:

@gusgranite said:

@tk32 said:
    ...perpetual IAP exclusivity deals...

This can’t be true can it?

Why would a new DAW limit itself to one person’s sounds when there are so many sound designers and potential revenue options available? I’m really looking forward to future IAPs as the current ones do not float my boat.

Nah, can’t be! Must be a misunderstanding. :smile:

It's a rumour I heard. I'd love someone to prove it wrong.

Straight facts son!!!! :D :D

I’m with you on this one Gus, i’m Not a big fan of the IAP. My opinion and I state “my opinion” is that having one person be the sound designer of kits for several genre is a big mistake. Having different designers would have been way better. Each designer stick to the genre they’re best at.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @[Deleted User] said:

@DCJ said:

agreed

I would never have purchased NS2 without AU support. Not having IAA/AB is understandable given deprecated code but making NS2 a complete walled garden...

• @philowerx said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@DCJ said:

agreed

I would never have purchased NS2 without AU support. Not having IAA/AB is understandable given deprecated code but making NS2 a complete walled garden...

Right now it feels like a lovely garden with some strict paved paths and some amazing areas just a bit out of reach with ‘do not enter, under construction’ signs and etc etc shut up Gus.

• I just got NS2 and wonder if its possible to record midi from au effects?

• @marcuspresident said:
    I just got NS2 and wonder if its possible to record midi from au effects?

Not directly but using MIDI Tools Route plugin ....
    Here is how:

• @dendy said:

@marcuspresident said:
    I just got NS2 and wonder if its possible to record midi from au effects?

Not directly but using MIDI Tools Route plugin ....
    Here is how:

Thank you. Luckily I had midi tools. But nothing is ever simple with iOS DAWs..