Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Imaginando's Summer Madness 'Deal Of The Day'

Comments

• Bought this a few weeks ago, brilliant app.

• Yes the only dollar deal I won’t be buying as have it already!

• The good thing about this deals is when you think “already got too many delays” but end up getting this awesome app anyway because how can you resist? Lol

• edited August 2019

senhorlampada wrote: " The good thing about this deals is when you think “already got too many delays” but end up getting this awesome app anyway because how can you resist? Lol "

Same here. Didn't really need it but for $1 it is worth having a gamble. And it is a good app with some unique sounds.

Dev just said: DRC Synth Engine is the $1 special tomorrow....

• $1 for K7D? That is truly an insane deal! It has become my most favorite delay. Sounds unique and great! These devs can do no wrong in my book!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    $1 for K7D? That is truly an insane deal! It has become my most favorite delay. Sounds unique and great! These devs can do no wrong in my book!

Yeah very unique, and I love the way it emulates a tape delay when changing speed.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    $1 for K7D? That is truly an insane deal! It has become my most favorite delay. Sounds unique and great! These devs can do no wrong in my book!

:blush:

• My week has been full of delays, didn’t think I would be adding another!

Quick test with K7D has confirmed my suspicions of another great sounding app with easy to use interface.

Thanks very much @sinosoidal

• K7D.

So I got my $1 worth in 5 minutes playing with just the iPad mic and headphones. Really really really good sounds

• edited August 2019

It's OK but I still prefer echorex in tonestack. Yea you'll say but it ain't AU. Well I'd reply still, I prefer echorex.

• New deal of the day is here. This is a BIG one. DRC's Synth Engine for $1 - 24Hrs Only.

• ^Time to pick up the DRC engine IAP if you haven't already. Here is the fine playlist where Imaginando uses DRC to recreate sounds from famous tracks:

• edited August 2019

@sinosoidal said:

@bounce said:
    @sinosoidal the airplane mode tip worked. iPad 10.5 2017. Shame I missed the other LK deals, but I’ll pick up the Matrix if that happens. ✌️

Awesome! Needs to be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenient. :blush:

I’m getting the crash on startup now, it opens if I use aeroplane mode and turn off Wi-fi but then crashes as soon as I switch Wi-fi back on.

Strange, as it’s been fine since the last update and I could purchase the other IAPs.

Edit: this is fine now on the beta and may also be due to a slow connection on holiday Wi-fi.

• edited August 2019

@GrimLucky said:

@sinosoidal said:

@bounce said:
    @sinosoidal the airplane mode tip worked. iPad 10.5 2017. Shame I missed the other LK deals, but I’ll pick up the Matrix if that happens. ✌️

Awesome! Needs to be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenient. :blush:

I’m getting the crash on startup now, it opens if I use aeroplane mode and turn off Wi-fi but then crashes as soon as I switch Wi-fi back on.

Strange, as it’s been fine since the last update and I could purchase the other IAPs.

Edit: this is fine now on the beta and may also be due to a slow connection on holiday Wi-fi.

I had the same issue with crashes on slow holiday WiFi (non-beta). Am now in a hotel with great WiFi and no crashes.

• edited August 2019

@sinosoidal said:

@sinosoidal
    Is the store down I’m getting this come up trying to grab the deal ?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@sinosoidal said:

@sinosoidal
    Is the store down I’m getting this come up trying to grab the deal ?

Ok sorted now strange though.

• edited August 2019

@sinosoidal said:

I'm having problems with this one as well. Connected my iPad via cable (as Wifi is too unstable), and the app keeps losing the connection. Also on the tracks it keeps saying there is 'no device connected' for a selected track, even though there is. It'll occasionally show up in the lower pane, and I can access the controls, but when I start tweaking them it disappears again, then loses the connection completely.

To test this with another app and rule out connection issues, I've tried playing keyboards in Live using KB1, and even when triggering multiple tracks and instruments, it's solid as a rock, so it seems there is an issue with LK. On my setup at least.

• @Jumpercollins - how are you connecting, is this working ok for you? Any tips welcome!

• @MonzoPro said:

@sinosoidal said:

I'm having problems with this one as well. Connected my iPad via cable (as Wifi is too unstable), and the app keeps losing the connection. Also on the tracks it keeps saying there is 'no device connected' for a selected track, even though there is. It'll occasionally show up in the lower pane, and I can access the controls, but when I start tweaking them it disappears again, then loses the connection completely.

To test this with another app and rule out connection issues, I've tried playing keyboards in Live using KB1, and even when triggering multiple tracks and instruments, it's solid as a rock, so it seems there is an issue with LK. On my setup at least.

Most of times there are no connections issues between LK and UBRIDGE. Let me just give you a brief introduction to LK.

LK works as an Ableton Live & MIDI Controller. MATRIX module can therefore be used to control Ableton Live and to sequence midi software and hardware just like in the video below:

To use it as an Ableton Live controller, you need to install UBRIDGE as it will be the proxy between LK (running on your device) and Ableton Live. UBRIDGE is also responsible for installing LK control surface onto Ableton Live. UBRIDGE allows wifi and wired connection. Some questions:

a) how far are you from the router? this might explain the instability of wifi connection
    b) have you ever tried to create an hotspot on your Mac and connect your device to that network?
    c) what operating system are you running on your device? Wired connection is usually very stable but of course this varies from system to system.

As you can imagine, we don't release stuff that doesn't work. There is no pleasure in that. LK works very well more than 90% of the times.

Since your wifi and wired connection are failing. I would try the hotspot connection in order to despite any other problems.

• @MonzoPro said:
    @Jumpercollins - how are you connecting, is this working ok for you? Any tips welcome!

Hi @MonzoPro

I'm using windows in Live mode so quite a few steps to jump through to get it working Loop Midi setup Ubridge set up.

Been using it via WiFi as agreed with you the hard wired connection does seem a bit hit or miss and drops out a lot.

Touchable Pro nowdays is more rock solid. So use that more.

• @sinosoidal said:

@MonzoPro said:

@sinosoidal said:

Most of times there are no connections issues between LK and UBRIDGE. Let me just give you a brief introduction to LK.

LK works as an Ableton Live & MIDI Controller. MATRIX module can therefore be used to control Ableton Live and to sequence midi software and hardware just like in the video below:

To use it as an Ableton Live controller, you need to install UBRIDGE as it will be the proxy between LK (running on your device) and Ableton Live. UBRIDGE is also responsible for installing LK control surface onto Ableton Live. UBRIDGE allows wifi and wired connection. Some questions:

a) how far are you from the router? this might explain the instability of wifi connection
    b) have you ever tried to create an hotspot on your Mac and connect your device to that network?
    c) what operating system are you running on your device? Wired connection is usually very stable but of course this varies from system to system.

As you can imagine, we don't release stuff that doesn't work. There is no pleasure in that. LK works very well more than 90% of the times.

Since your wifi and wired connection are failing. I would try the hotspot connection in order to despite any other problems.

Thanks for the reply.

a) the router is in another room, and connection can be flaky hence the preference for a wired connection

b) haven’t tried hotspot option, so will look into that

c) High Sierra on the Mac, and I’m a couple of iOS 12 updates behind.

Thing is there isn’t a problem using other apps: KB1, Logic Remote, or MIDI sequencers either wired or WiFi. LK doesn’t seem to produce a constant signal to the Mac - it seems to flicker, so I’m wondering if there’s a setting someplace I’m missing.

I’m using Ubridge, but again that seems erratic and doesn’t always pick up the iPad. Maybe that’s the weak link?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:
    @Jumpercollins - how are you connecting, is this working ok for you? Any tips welcome!

Hi @MonzoPro

I'm using windows in Live mode so quite a few steps to jump through to get it working Loop Midi setup Ubridge set up.

Been using it via WiFi as agreed with you the hard wired connection does seem a bit hit or miss and drops out a lot.

Thanks for the reply JC.

I’ve only spent a few quid on LK, so it’s no biggie if I can’t get it to work consistently. Touchable Pro looks good but pricey, and I worry now if I’d have similar issues. To be honest I just want to trigger and record clips into the arrangement view - if LK can retain a connection long enough it’d do the job for me.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

Hi @MonzoPro

Thanks for the reply JC.

I’ve only spent a few quid on LK, so it’s no biggie if I can’t get it to work consistently. Touchable Pro looks good but pricey, and I worry now if I’d have similar issues. To be honest I just want to trigger and record clips into the arrangement view - if LK can retain a connection long enough it’d do the job for me.

Have you tried the hotspot? Not as a long term solution, but something to despite other possible issue?

• @MonzoPro said:

Thing is there isn’t a problem using other apps: KB1, Logic Remote, or MIDI sequencers either wired or WiFi. LK doesn’t seem to produce a constant signal to the Mac

What is KB1?

That's weird. We spend hours during development with UBRIDGE connecting and keeping connection stable.

What do you mean by flicker? Connection drops, or lags? Is it in some particular aspects like playing keys? Or is it on everything, for instance, launching clips? What's the version of UBRIDGE?

I’m using Ubridge, but again that seems erratic and doesn’t always pick up the iPad. Maybe that’s the weak link?

I usually don't care about the order, but ideally you should:

a) open UBRIDGE on computer
    b) open LK on device
    c) connect to the available connection

Thanks!

• @sinosoidal said:

What is KB1?

MIDI keyboard app, really good.

@sinosoidal said:

I usually don't care about the order, but ideally you should:

a) open UBRIDGE on computer
    b) open LK on device
    c) connect to the available connection

Ok, just tried it again, in that order, with WiFi and it worked perfectly. No drop-outs at all. I'll have another go later, but it's never worked as well as it just did, so maybe that's the key.

• So if I just get the matrix, can I set up instruments in AUM / ab3 and launch clips from it?
    Since I don't own chorder or keys can I still input notes into the matrix to play back ?

• @reasOne said:
    So if I just get the matrix, can I set up instruments in AUM / ab3 and launch clips from it?
    Since I don't own chorder or keys can I still input notes into the matrix to play back ?

Yes! Check this video, carefully.

• @sinosoidal said:

@reasOne said:
    So if I just get the matrix, can I set up instruments in AUM / ab3 and launch clips from it?

Cool, so you would need an external midi keyboard then it looks. I pretty much stick with on screen keys, so I either need both or wait a bit
    Love drc btw!

• @reasOne said:

@sinosoidal said:

@reasOne said:

Cool, so you would need an external midi keyboard then it looks. I pretty much stick with on screen keys, so I either need both or wait a bit
    Love drc btw!

It does have a built in sequencer - a bit like a stripped down Atom.