Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can’t record Zoom U44 into Filmic Pro

Hey guys,

I want to record the audio from my Zoom U44 and video from the iPhone camera at the same time. Unfortunately it seems that when the Zoom is connected, the record button on Filmic Pro doesn’t result in a video being taken. Same with the stock Camera app. The audio section of Filmic Pro says that the U44 driver is providing the audio, but the video function is stuck for some reason. (EDIT: Seems it works if you plug the Zoom in only after you open the app for both Filmic Pro and the stock app, but come on, this is ridiculous!)

Has anyone managed to get around this, and also is there any camera app on iOS that will take 4 tracks of audio rather than only what’s coming out of channels 1&2? (I bought the mic capsule to do narration on channels 3&4!)

The Zoom works perfectly for multitrack audio recordings in AUM and Cubasis, but I was hoping it could be a one-and-done video solution too, to record jams with perfect audio without having to later sync a video track to an audio track with 4 channels going at once.

Comments

• edited January 2020

When I do this: I hit record in Filmic and it crashes. What a piece of shit. The most well reviewed “pro” camera app can’t take an audio interface input without crashing. Restart phone and reinstall app. Doesn’t help. It’s 2020 WHAT THE FUCK.

• @SealTeamSick said:
    When I do this: I hit record in Filmic and it crashes. What a piece of shit. The most well reviewed “pro” camera app can’t take an audio interface input without crashing. Restart phone and reinstall app. Doesn’t help. It’s 2020 WHAT THE FUCK.

I feel your pain, buddy!