Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM Player 2: Classic DXII + AU - OFFICIALLY OUT NOW!

124»

Comments

• tjatja
    edited August 2019

@analog_matt said:
    @tja To be completely honest – I doubt AudioKit will continue supporting IAA for much longer moving forward, especially once all our apps are AUv3 compatible. I'll message you the reasoning.

Right now, our top priority is improving the AUv3 capabilities in all our apps and our Framework.

I'm very much interested in the IAA version and I have nearly zero interest in the AU version.

This is, why I explicitly ask if IAA is still working, BEFORE I updated!

And you said, it still works!

So, please fix this and I am going to stop updating the App, to not loose IAA.

• edited August 2019

@tja

I'm sorry. I was wrong.
    It was working at one point in the Beta. And, it doesn't seem to be working in the current App store build.

I make no guarantees on how long IAA support in FM Player 2 will last (that's out of our hands). But, I'll see if we can get it fixed sooner than later. And, if we do finally drop IAA support in FM Player, we'll try to send out an email and post it here before that update.

You received both the original app and the update for free. And, I don't get paid any money for my hard work and hundreds of hours I spent building FM Player. And now, myself and other volunteers will be spending more of our free time adding deprecated technology to it (for a small handful of users).

We're talking about supporting a technology that will no longer exist in future versions of iPadOS.
    However, I am thankful for how passionate you are about the app.

• Tough situation I wish we could have collectively pulled the IAA bandaid off 2 years ago

• @analog_matt Many thanks.
    I really hope, IAA will work again before it gets removed.

Anyway, "deprecated" does not mean it will surely be removed by Apple.
    It may stay for 10 years more.

In other operating systems, there are lots and lots of deprecated things that are still there and are not going to be removed.
    They may just not be developed anymore.

• edited August 2019

@analog_matt said:

You received both the original app and the update for free. And, I don't get paid any money for my hard work and hundreds of hours I spent building FM Player. And now, myself and other volunteers will be spending more of our free time adding deprecated technology to it (for a small handful of users).

This needs to be written in bold and italic!

Seriously i don't get how one can use such an unpleasant tone if not a single dime was spent .As for myself,many thanks for the app,a buck was/is still a steal and if it wouldn't work the way i expected...well,i would just delete it and move on cause...well...a buck...But if it was even for free and i need to express myself i would definitely use other words to ask for something only a few people use anymore.

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@analog_matt said:
    @tja

I'm sorry. I was wrong.
    It was working at one point in the Beta. And, it doesn't seem to be working in the current App store build.

I make no guarantees on how long IAA support in FM Player 2 will last (that's out of our hands). But, I'll see if we can get it fixed sooner than later. And, if we do finally drop IAA support in FM Player, we'll try to send out an email and post it here before that update.

We're talking about supporting a technology that will no longer exist in future versions of iPadOS.
    However, I am thankful for how passionate you are about the app.

I think the vast majority of users would agree with you that wasting time supporting a depreciated technology is useless. It makes me sad that you even have to go back to this for an app that was free to begin with, and a steal even now. Personally, I wouldn’t do it, but I can kinda see how disappointing even a few individuals is tough for you. Still, if it were me, I’d fix this one on principle, while immediately declaring definitively that this is the last IAA fix.

Anyway, sorry for the “armchair quarterbacking”. My main purpose was not to try to tell you how to do your job :# , but to thank you for all your fantastic work, and to commend your beautiful, positive, outlook.

• @tja said:
    @analog_matt Many thanks.

Anyway, "deprecated" does not mean it will surely be removed by Apple.
    It may stay for 10 years more.

In other operating systems, there are lots and lots of deprecated things that are still there and are not going to be removed.
    They may just not be developed anymore.

I think @analog_matt has some insider information about IAA deprecation. I think he's hinted it'll be removed by Apple sooner than many expected. I'm guessing maybe a year or so..,

• Thanks, @Halftone

Then I need to reserve some hardware for update freeze.

But I hope, that I can freeze a working version of FM Player

• @analog_matt said:

@tjporter said:

@analog_matt said:

@tjporter said:
    An effort should have been made to preserve previously created user patches. I dislike discovering that hours of work have disappeared. Extremely disappointed.

Did it delete your User bank?

The presets in there should have been preserved from FM Player 1 & the FM2 Beta. 😳

User bank completely gone.

Oh wow. That sounds like an App Store install glitch. Sorry you experienced that. 🙏

@Spidericemidas said:
    Happy to report a smooth update with everything carried over.

Many thanks @analog_matt and congrats on the release. Happy days! 👊😎

Great to hear all your user presets carried over. And, thanks for those lovely presets!

For the rest of you, you can probably safely update and keep your User presets. This is the only reported instance – Though, I've definitely received some reports of weird install errors from the App Store. Keep in mind if an install doesn't take, iOS could attempt to delete and re-install. For those of you with important presets you've made, the following tips will work for all modern iOS apps (1) export any banks with user presets (2) keep your custom presets in a separate bank from factory presets (3) always open any apps that have been upgraded to AUv3 in standalone first.

Thanks again for using FM Player. It's really amazing to all of your music.

Hoping to see more videos like this from all of you:

My user presets didn’t transfer either, so I am guessing this is not an isolated problem.

• edited August 2019

@tja said:
    @analog_matt Many thanks.

Hi @tja,

I'm happy to report I just pushed an update for Apple's review that fixes IAA. Works better than ever, actually. :)

--
    For everyone else, I'm excited to say that the next update includes some basic support for AUv3 in iPadOS. 🚀

• edited August 2019

Plus, got to hang out in the studio with Henny tha Bizness today and met grammy winning producer Kennard Garrett (Sting, Usher, J Cole). They made a record together using iPad apps that just went Gold (!)

Pretty exciting stuff for a humble developer like me. If you're wondering if Henny is as cool in real life as he is in his videos – he's cooler.

They were rocking two copies of FM Player 2 at once. They're making songs being played on the radio with standalone iPad apps.

• AudioKit is an amazing initiative. This synth is great too, huge thanks to all involved!!!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @analog_matt, could not agree more with a small price for these terrific tools.

+1> @analog_matt said:

This is great! Thank you for all!!!

• Very cool Matt. All of it.

• @analog_matt great stuff!!!!

• @analog_matt Thanks great update more presets. Just to let you know I had to do a clean install to get sound back tried updating and lost all sound.

• edited August 2019

It works perfectly in AUM and Cubasis now (iPadOs 13 beta 6) . Thank you so much @analog_matt

• We have sound in AUM, iPadOS beta 7. Thanks @analog_matt

• ‘tis Delicious in iPadOS

• @analog_matt said:
    Plus, got to hang out in the studio with Henny tha Bizness today and met grammy winning producer Kennard Garrett (Sting, Usher, J Cole). They made a record together using iPad apps that just went Gold (!)

Pretty exciting stuff for a humble developer like me. If you're wondering if Henny is as cool in real life as he is in his videos – he's cooler.

Three words, Matt: You deserve it o:)

• edited September 2019

Any ETA on updated iPadOS Auv3 support? When it works it sounds great. still pretty crashy though. Hopefully fixed by iPadOS launch? @analog_matt

• @realdawei said:
    Any ETA on updated iPadOS Auv3 support? When it works it sounds great. still pretty crashy though. Hopefully fixed by iPadOS launch? @analog_matt

Hi @realdawei
    I hear you. The crashy nature of Swift AUv3 apps is killing me.
    AudioKit founder, Aure Prochazka, has dedicated the rest of the year to figuring out a solution and creating AudioKit v5, which will hopefully be a stable platform for developers to make AUv3 apps in Swift. FM2 & D1 will get the technology first. In the meantime, thank you for your patience. I believe apps are only going to get better and more stable from this point. 🚀

• @analog_matt said:

@realdawei said:

Hi @realdawei
    I hear you. The crashy nature of Swift AUv3 apps is killing me.
    AudioKit founder, Aure Prochazka, has dedicated the rest of the year to figuring out a solution and creating AudioKit v5, which will hopefully be a stable platform for developers to make AUv3 apps in Swift. FM2 & D1 will get the technology first. In the meantime, thank you for your patience. I believe apps are only going to get better and more stable from this point. 🚀

Okay cool thanks. Looking forward to AudioKit v5