Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ripplemaker AU

Saw this Max Schnitz video in another group of one of my top 3 favorite iOS instruments, Ripplemaker in standalone mode using the built in sequencer. It would be so wonderful to have the sequencer available in AU mode like @brambos ’ fantastic Ruismaker Noir.

Comments

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2019

You could use Brambos Rozeta Suite. The Bassline module is identical to the sequencer offered in Ripplemaker.

• edited August 2019

@_ki said:
    You could use Brambos Rozeta Suite. The Bassline module is identical to the sequencer offered in Ripplemaker.

A workaround but requires switching back and forth between Rozeta and Ripplemaker. I like how Ruismaker Noir AU has everything on one screen.

• @philowerx said:

@_ki said:

A workaround but requires switching back and forth between Rozeta and Ripplemaker. I like how Ruismaker Noir AU has everything on one screen.

Magic

• @OnfraySin said:

@philowerx said:

@_ki said:

>

Magic

Magic void where prohibited in most Daws.

• Also works in apeMatrix...

but not in Cubasis, Auria Pro, BetaMaker 3 or Audiobus 3 which only offer single AU views

• edited August 2019

@AudioGus said:

So...the problem are the Daw's, not Ripplemaker.

That's what she NS2 fans said

• @OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

I don’t see problems, only options....

• @_ki said:

not exactly identical - the Rozetta bassline is missing my favourite feature from the standalone Troublemaker/Ripplemaker sequencers... the "Variation" option. I love sequencing something that only has a few root notes, and then one or two other notes in a chosen scale. Then I hit the variation button and it will keep those notes I chose, just in a different order. I find the 'random' button almost too random in the Bram apps personally.

• edited August 2019

@Halftone said:

@_ki said:

not exactly identical - the Rozetta bassline is missing my favourite feature from the standalone Troublemaker/Ripplemaker sequencers... the "Variation" option. I love sequencing something that only has a few root notes, and then one or two other notes in a chosen scale. Then I hit the variation button and it will keep those notes I chose, just in a different order. I find the 'random' button almost too random in the Bram apps personally.

Variation about notes?

Afaik, variation change slides, velocity and octaves, not the order or notes

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2019

@Halftone Yeah - you are right. On posting i had the feeling that something was missing in Rozeta Bassline, but didn‘t remember what it was.

Having Mozaic and all those supercool equencing/modifiction scripts, there‘s probably already a solution to add variations to existing patterns. If not, then it won‘t take long until someone scripts something that can grab the notes and then add the variations (and snapshots with the ones that were cool) to the recorded pattern...

• @OnfraySin said:

@Halftone said:

@_ki said:

Variation about notes?

Afaik, variation change slides, velocity and octaves, not the order or notes

you;re right - not note order - point being that the variation works much better for me than the mutation or random - but the variation is not in Rozetta .

• edited August 2019

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

Unfortunately NS2 still lacks audio tracks unless that’s changed recently also you can’t record AU Instrument UI knob movements real-time and you’re oddly limited to drawing 10 possible knobs movement. I do use AUs in AUM for live tinkering but the real AU magic for me happens when I record then playback knob movements in a full featured DAW.

• edited August 2019

The Ripplemaker stand-alone is actually a mini AU host. Apparently it would take a substantial re-write to make the whole thing work as an AU. Would have been too cool though.

• If you don’t have Mozaic yet, there’s a crazy amount of sequencers people have already programmed plus you can program your own

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @realdawei said:
    The Ripplemaker stand-alone is actually a mini AU host. Apparently it would take a substantial re-write to make the whole thing work as an AU. Would have been too cool though.

Ripplemaker stand-alone is a AU host? I can’t find that anywhere. Can you point me to some documentation please?

• @philowerx said:

@realdawei said:

Ripplemaker stand-alone is a AU host? I can’t find that anywhere. Can you point me to some documentation please?

Not a host for other AU's. It's just a mini-host that Bram wrote to provide a standalone app. He's mentioned it a few times.

• edited August 2019

@wim said:

@philowerx said:

@realdawei said:

Not a host for other AU's. It's just a mini-host that Bram wrote to provide a standalone app. He's mentioned it a few times.

Ok thanks, not a AU host.

• @philowerx said:
    Saw this Max Schnitz video in another group of one of my top 3 favorite iOS instruments, Ripplemaker in standalone mode using the built in sequencer. It would be so wonderful to have the sequencer available in AU mode like @brambos ’ fantastic Ruismaker Noir.

Nice video! Ripplemaker is one of my favorite synths on iOS.

• edited August 2019

@philowerx said:

@wim said:

@philowerx said:

@realdawei said:

@wim said:

@philowerx said:

@realdawei said:

Well technically it’s an AU host that can host exactly one AU 😊

• @realdawei said:

@philowerx said:

@wim said:

@philowerx said:

@realdawei said:

@wim said:

@philowerx said:

@realdawei said:

Well technically it’s an AU host that can host exactly one AU 😊

...and I thought Gadget was a closed system. :D

• @Halftone said:

@_ki said:

I miss the same. Tagging @brambos regarding this :lol:

• Best ios app.

Thought to incorperate rozetta lfo but ripplemaker has fixed numbers ( in the manual ) Would the best way to know the cc number. Just write an aum note?

• @sigma79 said:
    Best ios app.

Thought to incorperate rozetta lfo but ripplemaker has fixed numbers ( in the manual ) Would the best way to know the cc number. Just write an aum note?

You can use the fixed CC, but with AU the best (and most flexible) method is to assign the LFO to an AU Parameter.

• edited June 2021

@brambos said:

@sigma79 said:
    Best ios app.

You can use the fixed CC, but with AU the best (and most flexible) method is to assign the LFO to an AU Parameter.

How Bram. Seems you have a cc number in rozetta. Then aum channel for ripplemaker. You would give the same cc for the parameter but seems you would need to know the numbers of parameters in ripplemaker. I can just make an aum note if need be. Its cool.

• @sigma79 said:

@brambos said:

@sigma79 said:
    Best ios app.

How Bram. Seems you have a cc number in rozetta. Then aum channel for ripplemaker. You would give the same cc for the parameter but seems you would need to know the numbers of parameters in ripplemaker. I can just make an aum note if need be. Its cool.

AU Parameters are not the same thing as MIDI CC. They have names, instead of numbers. And in AUM you can assign any incoming CC number to any AU Parameter:

• edited June 2021

@brambos said:

@sigma79 said:

@brambos said:

@sigma79 said:
    Best ios app.

AU Parameters are not the same thing as MIDI CC. They have names, instead of numbers. And in AUM you can assign any incoming CC number to any AU Parameter:

Cheers Bram. I can just map to anything in via aum. Then scroll through cc on rozetta lfo. It then visibly toggles what its mapped to in Ripplemaker.

• I'm late to the party, but I will take my next day off to play with this app. I already have a couple of outstanding apps from Bram, but I never bought Ripplemaker for whatever reason. I will correct this mistake tomorrow. Do you need a PHD to use the modular? I printed the manual to read with it. I heard a couple of demo of the app and WOW, I don't know why this app never caught my attention before. But today is the day.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I'm late to the party, but I will take my next day off to play with this app. I already have a couple of outstanding apps from Bram, but I never bought Ripplemaker for whatever reason. I will correct this mistake tomorrow. Do you need a PHD to use the modular? I printed the manual to read with it. I heard a couple of demo of the app and WOW, I don't know why this app never caught my attention before. But today is the day.

You won’t need a PhD. As a matter of fact, my 6 years old boy like to randomly patch these “colorful spaghetties” and see what kind of glitchy/bloppy/frying sounds he can play with.
    But if you want to predictably design sounds of interest, I strongly suggest you read the whole manual and reproduce recipes as a practice routine.

• With ipad mini as a 2nd device. With a granular and a euclidean bass ( in the background ) Granular to a nanokey and standard sequencer or just the keys. Euclidean bass to knobs.

Were trying combos, with a ripplemaker (another screen synth) and skiiid. Seems a good combo. Almost a ripplemaker extension for pitch sounds ( mainly filter sweeps )