Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify - "Hackday" and a Groovebox Update

Hi All!

Andrew here. Last week, Ampify had a "hackday" where we do things outside of our usual routine and have some fun building simple apps or making music on a very short deadline. A few of us got together and made a video that I hope gives you all a little glimpse into our office. So check it out below if you want to see us making a lo-fi beat out of office supplies (and yes, a Bass Station and electric piano count as office supplies for us):

https://vimeo.com/351356480

On a more serious note, I wanted to give you all an update on the workings of Groovebox since I know I mentioned we were turning our attention to it in our other thread:

I am happy to announce that we will be implementing Groovebox User Preset Saving!

We are still very much in the Alpha phase of this so I don't have a specific release date yet (and we have many many things to debug - for instance if you get over 800 presets saved Groovebox crashes right now!). As we work our way through this, I will of course do my best to keep you in the loop about functionality, release, etc.

Last but not least, I wanted to mention that Ampify is on the lookout for users who may want to participate in our Beta/UX testing (not necessarily for only Preset Saving, but for future projects as well), so if that sounds like something you would like to do please send me a direct message and we can see about setting you up with that.

Best,
Andrew

Comments

• Looks like that was fun :)

• This looks fun man! Did you arrange everything in blocs ?

• WHEN DOES THE SOUNDPACK COME OUT?!

Just kidding, looks awesome haha. Good news on Groovebox!

• Brilliant news on user preset saving - thank you!

• @reasOne said:
    This looks fun man! Did you arrange everything in blocs ?

We tracked all our loops into Blocs, made use of the slicer feature to give a little chopped up lo-fi feel to some of the bits, then exported to Launchpad to make our recording.

• Glad you were able to have this hack day and shared it with us via your video. The plans for Groovebox sound promising.

• Sweet!

Multi Midi in and out please?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Sweet!

Yeah midi learn on Launchpad (it could be an iAP) to let users map their foot controllers please...
    and if you release a launchfoot also will be very welcomed.

• SAVE THINGIE PERFECT BIG GOOD

• Midi in/out. Now only 5 years away. :D

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

I am happy to announce that we will be implementing Groovebox User Preset Saving!

Great news! Thanks.

• edited August 2019

YES! Preset saving, Just saw everything on sale yesterday and bought nearly all the packs across all Ampify products.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Sweet!

Yeah midi learn on Launchpad (it could be an iAP) to let users map their foot controllers please...

This, and/or AU FX support for Launchpad would get me to use it more.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Sweet!

• @AndyPlankton said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Sweet!

something like apogee gio could be perfect, just saying...
    ITOH there is a workaround from other topic... :rolleyes:

• Great news on the preset saving! Thanks! I think it would also be quite useful to be able to save user created patterns as part of the random pattern banks for each instrument so we can randomly stumble across great combinations of our own patterns in any tempo or key

• @db909 said:
    Great news on the preset saving! Thanks! I think it would also be quite useful to be able to save user created patterns as part of the random pattern banks for each instrument so we can randomly stumble across great combinations of our own patterns in any tempo or key

Big +1

• Jippie, it took 12 updates, but we are getting it ;)
    Now if drumbox would get sample import, I will re-install.

• Another vote for Midi Out.

Please, please pretty please.

• Hi everyone,

Beth here (of Ampify Hackday video fame). Quick update from us to thank you all for your input so far and especially to those who joined our beta programme. We're planning to release custom preset saving for Groovebox publicly on Friday, so keep an eye out. As always, feedback will be much appreciated.

Best, Beth

• edited August 2019

Great video, always good to see people having fun!

Thanks for preset saving, that will make improve my quality of life :)

I would buy the hackday soundpack too, like to use some Foley bits in my experiments and the clapping would be very useful.

• Really cool!!! Thanks!

• Will that include preset saving for drum kits?

• Also would be so nice to update Ableton Link to latest version with a start/ Stop.

• Brilliant news. Thank you, Beth.

• edited August 2019

Excellent news! Thank you very much @AmpifyxNovation.

Now if I may revert to forum form: Thanks for preset saving BUT WHAT ABOUT AUTOMATION!? :)

• Ampify have three top apps. No big progress for long time. Developer could make many happy by listing what to come for sure in future.

• @UnoWoo said:
    Ampify have three top apps. No big progress for long time. Developer could make many happy by listing what to come for sure in future.

Surprises are nice too 🙂
    Doesn’t seem to me that iOS has been abandoned but I’m an optimist!

• Multi mi in and out would be amazing!

Think about it: if someone is dry on creativity; they can purchase your awesome patterns, and with midi out, send that midi to says other AU synth in Audiobus or AUM and drive it. So more folks would be wanting to purchase more of your pattern packs! Win win!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️😇

What do you think?

@AmpifyxNovation said:

@reasOne said:
    This looks fun man! Did you arrange everything in blocs ?

We tracked all our loops into Blocs, made use of the slicer feature to give a little chopped up lo-fi feel to some of the bits, then exported to Launchpad to make our recording.