Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spirited Frequencies // An exercise in Chinese fusion retrowave

So I recently bought Blocs Wave and a few sample packs taking advantage of the current sale. Man, how easy it is to come up with good sounding 8-bar loops!

For this songs, I built a few “patterns” in Blocs Wave while I was on the bus, exported and arranged them in GarageBand, added the Erhu (sounds so good!) and Alchemy parts, added some drums here and there, fills and voice loops.

All in one day! Feels like cheating 😂
But I can definitely see the use of Blocs Wave to spark inspiration.

Well, anyway, enjoy!

Comments

• Impressive! Really cool stuff on your SC too!

• @silent1 said:
    Feels like cheating.

I feel that way most of the time with iOS.

I too love the Erhu. The vibrato & horse are so fun!

• Very beautiful. A cut above! Especially the beginning and end! Do you know Scott VanZandt’s stuff? Check out on SoundCloud. Keep posting. It’s not cheating. It’s taking advantage of the technology. Should we still be mixing our own paints?

• Indeed that erhu is amazing

• Thanks for listening!

• Btw since many of you are Erhu estimators, is there a way in GB to play and record an instrument and record automation on a second pass? I find it a bit hard to play and turn and switch the expression controls at the same time.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very beautiful. A cut above! Especially the beginning and end! Do you know Scott VanZandt’s stuff? Check out on SoundCloud. Keep posting. It’s not cheating. It’s taking advantage of the technology. Should we still be mixing our own paints?

Thanks! I looked for Scott VanZandt on SC and found a bunch of Metallica songs at first and was deeply confused 😂
    I eventually found the Scott you were referring too. Great cinematic stuff! I’m envious of his arrangement skills! Here’s the link for anybody who might be interested: https://soundcloud.com/scottvanzandt

• Yeah, I thought of Scott when I heard your track.👍🏻

• Very nice, @silent1 :smile:
    Not cheating. You are an artist using pre-prepared pigments and laying them onto a musical canvas according to your inspiration! :wink:

• 👍Sweet! Well-produced, ear-pleasing, and full of surprises. What more can you ask from a new song?