Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ANILOG by Sequence Mediaworks LLC

13»

Comments

• @wim said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I could not care less about being criticized for my word choice. Have at me. I’ve said many things in my life that I’d take back, but not in this thread. Had the OP merely announced a new synth, I would have said nothing about it being boring and conventional. A lot of apps are boring and conventional and some people prefer them that way. But instead, he made a false claim that it was “totally new”. I called him out on the lie. I have no regrets about being tough on a lie.

For the record, that was simply a cut/paste from the app store description, not the OP's words. @White just does his bit to let people know here when something new comes out, without implied endorsement of his own. Fair enough if you're bent out of shape about it, but better if your ire isn't sent in the wrong direction.

Who writes the app store description?

• Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr wrote: " Who writes the app store description? "

Marketing speak turns out to be a slight exaggeration. Gosh - hold the front page.

• Howdy! I'm the developer, real human! Thanks for the feedback. It's a night and weekends project, and it has evolved over a long time. It's hard to bring something new into this world and I hope this will go where I would like it to be.

It is true it doesn't have AUv3. But you have to start somewhere. Audiobus as a library made it super easy to drop my logic into the audio render loop. I didn't go with the traditional oscillator => filter path. Nope. This this is actually additive waveshaping. So the whole algorithm can't use off the shelf parts like AudioKit has. Audiobus' example code made it clear where I needed to plug into and also receive MIDI. It give you IAA as a bonus.

I started converting the render loop to C++ last weekend. The UI turns out to be the hard part: even though it adapts to just about any screen size the problem is sharing the components across two apps: the main ANILOG and the AUv3 extension that gets bundled in. I think I found a cheap way to do it. Let's say that Xcode is not your friend.

One of the things this currently does that other synths don't is sharing. Creating and editing patches actually tweaks a plain text file that you can export and send to a friend. My hope is someone will build a search engine and a community around it. Help each other make more awesome music together.

Sequencer. That's just a super complicated topic. I love trackers. The prototype of the playback engine is in the app. But the Ui is so far from being usable I just gave up for v1.0. But the proof is that it actually does work and it's accurate.

Anyways thanks for being part of the journey. :)

• @amyseqmedia said:
    Howdy! I'm the developer, real human! Thanks for the feedback.

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have another developer on board.

• AUv3 question: do you expect instruments to include an onscreen keyboard, or do you expect to connect a MIDI input?

I can just shove the whole ANILOG UI into the AUv3 window, and you can manually hide the keyboard with a button. It might get really crowded. It already is probably going to use the mobile mode just to fit inside a window.

Or, I can forget the keyboard and save a little room. I'll have to find a place to move the Inst and Setup buttons. I'm thinking stealing part of the area for changing the program. This would require you to connect a MIDI input.

I'm leaning towards the latter. iSEM does it that way. I figure you connect it up once, choose your patch, then close the window. Also when/if iOS apps run on your laptop the window would be smaller too.

• @amyseqmedia said:
    AUv3 question: do you expect instruments to include an onscreen keyboard, or do you expect to connect a MIDI input?

I can just shove the whole ANILOG UI into the AUv3 window, and you can manually hide the keyboard with a button. It might get really crowded. It already is probably going to use the mobile mode just to fit inside a window.

Or, I can forget the keyboard and save a little room. I'll have to find a place to move the Inst and Setup buttons. I'm thinking stealing part of the area for changing the program. This would require you to connect a MIDI input.

I'm leaning towards the latter. iSEM does it that way. I figure you connect it up once, choose your patch, then close the window. Also when/if iOS apps run on your laptop the window would be smaller too.

..forget the keyboard... yes

• Yes, I personally don't need an integrated keyboard with my AUV3 synths. There are multiple options to use another external soft or hard keyboard

• The sequencer has just been added. The price was also reduced.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/anilog/id1466584323

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    The sequencer has just been added. The price was also reduced.

The sequencer looks like a tracker, which to me is wonderful.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

Is it $1 less I’ll pop it in the sales thread if so…?

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

Is it $1 less I’ll pop it in the sales thread if so…?

12.99 to 7.99 as per Appsliced.

• @amyseqmedia said:
    AUv3 question: do you expect instruments to include an onscreen keyboard, or do you expect to connect a MIDI input?

Hi, Amy! Great job on the upgrade. I like on screen keyboards, but I don’t expect them in AUs anymore, unless the soft keyboard utilizes special touch features, like dragging to change pitch or modulation. Hope to see you soon!

• I’d like to try this one but but not sure, a demo mode would be great