Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ANILOG by Sequence Mediaworks LLC

Comments

• edited August 2019

-

• @rafaelollero said:
    Bought this morning..
    and ..I like it
    I prefer to read constructive criticism..non your sad thoughts

Good to hear. I’m in when the sequencer is added

• @espiegel123 said:
    Not everyone agrees with you. Some people are really enjoying it.

I don't understand why people feel the need to be mean about something just because it doesn't appeal to them. I assume everyone understands that not liking something doesn't mean others won't.

If something doesn't interest you, maybe you can choose not to comment?

This synth is totally out of market. There are a ton of better/cheap options out there.

I understand that is a indie developer. But the real thing here is that app is an good exercise for junior development.

And we have to expose our opinions to people that wants know what other people thinks about one product.

• @rafaelollero said:
    Bought this morning..
    and ..I like it
    I prefer to read constructive criticism..non your sad thoughts

I want to read your thoughts on this.
    No hurry, though.

But I am curious. The video just left me with questions.

And I agree...
    Enough with the ‘pile on’, people.

• Lots of people have an opinion. Has anyone actually played with the thing? The sounds in the demo are kinda retro, I agree, but I am still not sure what I’m looking at. Three oscillators, ok. What’s a ‘noise envelope’? Filter(s)?

Dunno. Would like to find out more.

• @OnfraySin said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Not everyone agrees with you. Some people are really enjoying it.

I don't understand why people feel the need to be mean about something just because it doesn't appeal to them. I assume everyone understands that not liking something doesn't mean others won't.

If something doesn't interest you, maybe you can choose not to comment?

This synth is totally out of market. There are a ton of better/cheap options out there.

I understand that is a indie developer. But the real thing here is that app is an good exercise for junior development.

And we have to expose our opinions to people that wants know what other people thinks about one product.

... IN YOUR OPINION!

You frame your position with a degree of dismissiveness that seems not only unnecessary but strangely strong given that you haven't actually used it.

• @Simon said:
    Some fairly harsh comments here.

This may not be an app for you but you don't have to go out of your way to bash an indie developer. This is a tough audience...

Yep... sometimes the public here disappoints me :disappointed:

• @Littlewoodg said:

Good to hear. I’m in when the sequencer is added

Same here: if it's capable of cool sounds (and I'm sure it is) And is a self-contained groovebox / part generator the whole package makes a lot more sense (to me). Would love an indication of sequencer ETA.

• @Simon said:

This may not be an app for you but you don't have to go out of your way to bash an indie developer. This is a tough audience...

I don’t like being lied to. “Standard marketing hype” is not a good excuse for dishonesty.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Simon said:

I don’t like being lied to. “Standard marketing hype” is not a good excuse for dishonesty.

Who lied to you?
    @White the OP quoted the AppStore description. Seems like you thought he wrote it? Or maybe you knew it was a quote...either way where’s the lie, exactly?

@Simon said:

Lied to? What dishonesty?

I find it hard to see the app store description's puffery as rising to the level of dishonesty.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @White the OP quoted the AppStore description. Seems like you thought he wrote it? Or maybe you knew it was a quote...either way where’s the lie, exactly?

“ANILOG is bursting onto the scene with a totally new approach”. What’s new about it? I see and hear nothing remotely innovative in that demo. Why shouldn’t I say so? My time was wasted by the hype; I’m warning others.

• edited August 2019

I'm surprised that a few people read an advertising claim and get nasty as a result.

Most apps say things like:

• "this drum machine will bring your tracks to life"
    • "a totally new way to make music in your iPad"
    • "get professional results instantly with our new music app"
    • "the best synth on iOS"

It is similar to ads that say "Kelloggs Cornflkes are the best way to start your day", or "Shell oil makes your car run better for longer".

People who are advertising things like to say nice things about their product. Any sensible person would know that. Only a fool wouldn't.

In this case the developer made their advertising pitch, then gave detailed notes about the technical side of the app (how many oscillators, voices, pre sets etc)

Then showed a video of the app in action.

So the developer has given us LOTS of information about the app. Actually, the OPPOSITE of lying to customers.

• Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr wote: " My time was wasted by the hype; I’m warning others. "

Laughable.

@Littlewoodg said:

“ANILOG is bursting onto the scene with a totally new approach”. What’s new about it? I see and hear nothing remotely innovative in that demo. Why shouldn’t I say so? My time was wasted by the hype; I’m warning others.

Your time was wasted how? By reading a description you don't agree with? Your time reading the description stolen from you?

"Lying"?

This type of language is no more over-the-top than lots of descriptions. No particularly strong factual claims were made.

• I wasted my time watching the video, hearing crap music and a totally boring and non-innovative synth. Now you clowns are criticizing me for expressing my opinion on the product—which is what we do here 90% of the time. So sorry not to be endlessly cheerful and positive on the Internet! If you only want positive reviews, mute me and stick to Doug’s videos.

• Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr wrote: " So sorry not to be endlessly cheerful and positive on the Internet! "

It is not about being endlessly cheerful. It is about not bashing developers unfairly.

And yeah, I'd take Doug over your comments any day....

• What’s unfair about expressing my opinion? The dev claims “a totally new approach”. I call bs. I hear no innovation at all in that demo. Instead of tone policing me for expressing an informed opinion, why not highlight what is “totally new”? Do you hear It?

• Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr wrote: " What’s unfair about expressing my opinion? "

Nothing.

But you didn't merely say "I hear no innovation at all in that demo."

Instead you went on a fairly nasty rave:

"Are you serious? This is the blandest, most boring and conventional demo I've ever heard. It sounds like the ear poison a large corporation would subject me to when I'm on hold with customer service. There is nothing remotely innovative here. It's hardly "a totally new approach"."

You can play the game of "I was only expressing my opinion" but I call BS on you.

You were not merely expressing your opinion. You were having some fun ripping a developer apart.

• Correct. I was ripping the demo and how it gives lie to the marketing hype. And I’ll strike again if the cops don’t catch me first!

• Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr wrote: " I was ripping the demo and how it gives lie to the marketing hype."

No, you were just being unnecessarily nasty.

• @Simon said:
    Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr wrote: " I was ripping the demo and how it gives lie to the marketing hype."

No, you were just being unnecessarily nasty.

+!

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr: there are ways of expressing that one doesn't like something without going over-the-top and being mean. You could have said: "After watching the video, I don't think there is anything special about this." But you went way over the top about how your time was wasted and you were lied to. You have a different opinion than the developer. Fine. No one begrudges you not finding the software of interest or finding the video uninspiring. It was your choice of words.

Notice how you are not enjoying being criticized? Think about how it would feel if we wanted to be mean and petty in our choices of words.

• I could not care less about being criticized for my word choice. Have at me. I’ve said many things in my life that I’d take back, but not in this thread. Had the OP merely announced a new synth, I would have said nothing about it being boring and conventional. A lot of apps are boring and conventional and some people prefer them that way. But instead, he made a false claim that it was “totally new”. I called him out on the lie. I have no regrets about being tough on a lie.

• edited August 2019

ahem..!

How about we get someone who has bought the app to provide constructive criticism and feedback rather than talk about something overall not that important in the end (so we can help the dev and the community), like we used to do 90% of the time?

Just sayin.

• @rarien said:
    ahem..!

How about we get someone who has bought the app to provide constructive criticism and feedback rather than talk about something overall not that important in the end (so we can help the dev and the community), like we used to do 90% of the time?

Just sayin.

+1 to this.

• This thing is $13... There are so many better, cheaper alternatives. You all pile on NS2 or BM3 whenever they're brought up in threads here. What's the difference with this developer? Because they're also a musician?

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I could not care less about being criticized for my word choice. Have at me. I’ve said many things in my life that I’d take back, but not in this thread. Had the OP merely announced a new synth, I would have said nothing about it being boring and conventional. A lot of apps are boring and conventional and some people prefer them that way. But instead, he made a false claim that it was “totally new”. I called him out on the lie. I have no regrets about being tough on a lie.

For the record, that was simply a cut/paste from the app store description, not the OP's words. @White just does his bit to let people know here when something new comes out, without implied endorsement of his own. Fair enough if you're bent out of shape about it, but better if your ire isn't sent in the wrong direction.

-peace

• XanderJames wrote: " You all pile on NS2 or BM3 whenever they're brought up in threads here. What's the difference with this developer? Because they're also a musician? "

We ALL pile on NS2 or BM3...? Quite a generalisation there.

I have no problem with people saying they don't like an app or it is not worth the $$$s. It is just how nasty they get while they are saying it. Being unnecessarily nasty to make yourself feel powerful or just for fun is not on.

• Even for advertising copy, I thought the hyperbole of the description was a bit much. It made me snicker, and the demo seemed to flat out contradict it. So I’m not too surprised it elicited mockery. But I have nothing against the app itself. It may be exactly what some users are looking for, and I wish the developer much success. 👍

• edited August 2019

My sympathy for someone who has a twitter bio beginning ‘I create, I perform, I teach.’ is pretty limited. Sounds like a female David Brent with a dash of middle of the road North American sociology student/tumblrina. The description of the app seems to fit this overweening characteristic and it’s unsurprising it provoked a response.