Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.

Comments

• Just checking in with my Apple contact about it now.

• @Michael said:
    Just checking in with my Apple contact about it now.

Thanks a million :)

In the meantime ALL iOS 12 users should report

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

regardless going to iOS 13 or not. It will prevent iOS updates that render 'older' devices useless and forcing upgrades. Although I believe it was just a bug and not intentional .

If there is other link , please post it here

• Did anybody install iPadOS and could check if the IAA bug is gone?

I would then update my Air 3 that currently is on iOS 12.2 .... but otherwise would freeze it at this version.

• Interested also to know if the issue is fixed.

• edited September 2019

@janosax @RUST( i )K who mentioned about jailbreak 12.4?
    How it will help? I read it somewhere but I can't find it...

• 13.1 is out now... so this should be fixed now, but anyone know how long it’s possible to downgrade to iOS 12 in case it doesn’t work? One source said three weeks after iOS 13 is released, another said 2 days... which would mean the window is already closed.

• @Michael said:

Any word from your Apple contact?

• @wiLtroniqué said:

@Michael said:

Any word from your Apple contact?

No word on 12.4, although they asked for details on the number of Audiobus users on devices not supported by iOS 13, presumably so they could make a decision (it's about 7-10k on AB3 and about 4k on AB2, FYI).

• @thenonanonymous said:
    13.1 is out now... so this should be fixed now, but anyone know how long it’s possible to downgrade to iOS 12 in case it doesn’t work? One source said three weeks after iOS 13 is released, another said 2 days... which would mean the window is already closed.

I wouldn't expect the downgrade to be available for any time after the OS release - there's absolutely no guarantees about that at all; it's not an officially supported thing. If it matters to you, let someone else blaze the trail.

• @Michael said:
    I wouldn't expect the downgrade to be available for any time after the OS release - there's absolutely no guarantees about that at all; it's not an officially supported thing. If it matters to you, let someone else blaze the trail.

Ok, good to know, thanks Michael. I'll definitely hold off on this for now. I can't afford it right now, but I guess the ideal thing would be to have more than one identical device...

• edited September 2019

So is the issue definitely fixed with 13.1? @Michael?

• @Janosax said:

It works fine here. Pro 10.5 ios 13.1

• @supadom said:

@Janosax said:

It works fine here. Pro 10.5 ios 13.1

Cool, thanks. I will wait for Nanokey Studio BT fix before updating however.

• Any news about what 12.4.2 fixes? I've just noticed that appear on my iPad Mini 2 (I'm still on 12.1.4).

Safe to update or not?

• Also wondering about 12.4.2
    As I imagine this will be the last update my iPad mini will receive
    iPad mini 2 also
    Any idea @Michael ??

• edited September 2019

o.O I hope it fixes things...

• edited September 2019

@kitejan said:
    Any news about what 12.4.2 fixes? I've just noticed that appear on my iPad Mini 2 (I'm still on 12.1.4).

Safe to update or not?

Nope, no fixes in there. I’ll let you know if 12.4 receives some love though, I’m doing my best to advocate

• @Michael Thanks, but I'm not holding my breath to be honest. Have Apple ever released an update to the old iOS once the new one has been released?

The response will be 'buy a new iPad with iOS 13'..... :-(

Hope I'm wrong.

Jan

• @kitejan said:
    @Michael Thanks, but I'm not holding my breath to be honest. Have Apple ever released an update to the old iOS once the new one has been released?

The response will be 'buy a new iPad with iOS 13'..... :-(

Hope I'm wrong.

Jan

Actually yes, iOS 9 & 10 got an update recently ;)
    In the meantime
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

• I'm so annoyed with Apple right now since I don't want to update to iOS 13 yet. It's buggy as hell and need a rock solid setup.
    I saw some apps that have already patched the IAA bug internally with updates so I'm really hoping Audiobus and AUM will fix this bug internally as well. There are a lot of older devices that are not able to update to iOS as well so they are stuck on iOS 12. This needs fixing ASAP.

• I didn't know that - so there is some hope for people on iOS 12 then.

Fingers crossed!

• @KraftC said:
    I'm so annoyed with Apple right now since I don't want to update to iOS 13 yet. It's buggy as hell and need a rock solid setup.
    I saw some apps that have already patched the IAA bug internally with updates so I'm really hoping Audiobus and AUM will fix this bug internally as well. There are a lot of older devices that are not able to update to iOS as well so they are stuck on iOS 12. This needs fixing ASAP.

I'm hoping for the same - this is actually something third party apps need to do (like GarageBand), as that's where the issue lies.

• It seems like 13 apart from not having broken much it has sorted out the cpu spikes when using window switching. That’s been there for ever.

• @supadom said:
    It seems like 13 apart from not having broken much it has sorted out the cpu spikes when using window switching. That’s been there for ever.

Is the initial AB output slot issue fixed on your side with iOS13?

• @Janosax said:

@supadom said:
    It seems like 13 apart from not having broken much it has sorted out the cpu spikes when using window switching. That’s been there for ever.

I have no issues other than having to poke loopy to load the first time I launch the first preset. That's all really.

• @supadom said:

@Janosax said:

@supadom said:

I have no issues other than having to poke loopy to load the first time I launch the first preset. That's all really.

Great news :smile:

• What’s the best workaround? I can’t use the iTrack dock inputs... just windy noise and zero true sound... we are again at same (or worst) situation like iOS11? :facepalm:

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    What’s the best workaround? I can’t use the iTrack dock inputs... just windy noise and zero true sound... we are again at same (or worst) situation like iOS11? :facepalm:

Workaround for what? If this is a new issue please start a new thread.

• edited October 2019

@Michael said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    What’s the best workaround? I can’t use the iTrack dock inputs... just windy noise and zero true sound... we are again at same (or worst) situation like iOS11? :facepalm:

Workaround for what? If this is a new issue please start a new thread.

IDK if it’s the same or not. I’m on iPadOS last version and enabling audio inputs (in AUM) from hardware brings that... it was ok on iOS 12.2 or latest I can remember but broke after that. It’s that issue the same or solved in iPadOS? I’m bit confused ATM...

It seems something related to iPadOS or iTrack dock. I've tried with the tc helicon perform vk and iOS 13 latest version and seems working properly...

I'm still confused about the inconsistencies but I will test with iPad and tc to find answers.

Thanks @Michael !

• This seems to affect AUv3 plugins as well on iOS 12.4 though. Both the latest synth versions
    of Moog crash on startup in AUM 1.3.1. This includes many other plugins as well, not only Moog.
    Anyone else that can confirm this?

This discussion has been closed.