Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Beatbox Rhythmo

Hi Bussers!
Meanwhile I continue building my diy stuff and in my daily quest for avoiding coding cool projects for tutorials and courses I come across this...

https://www.rhythmo.io

So it seems a midi fighter rip off so 100 years of good luck a nice project aimed towards STEAMs for kids. Relatively cheap (and probably open source at the end of the Kickstarter campaign) and music oriented. Seems a winner into my eyes (well I tried to do similar workshops back in the day at my country but... my country will get this idea almost 3 years later from it's release... so go figure!)

I want your opinions about the project and of course about all the STEAMs and DIY/Robotics movement (Maker Jr?). Also I will link my other diy midi controllers topics for those who had missed them first time...

The-build-your-own-midi-controller-topic with the introduction by @jakoB_haQ :wink:

Building-a-foot-midi-controller-for-live-looping

So that's it!

Comments

  • That looks very fun and cool.

  • If you can live without velocity and pressure sensitivity then these arcade button drum pads are certainly nice to play.
    But why a dedicated app?
    Use an old USB or Bluetooth controller keyboard, connect the buttons to keyboard contacts, use the faders or pots as well and use with your DAW of choice. NS2 or BM3 come into mind because of their great sampling and macro control capabilities.
    Hey, a Groove Rider beat box controller would sure be fun too 😁

  • @rs2000 said:
    If you can live without velocity and pressure sensitivity then these arcade button drum pads are certainly nice to play.
    But why a dedicated app?
    Use an old USB or Bluetooth controller keyboard, connect the buttons to keyboard contacts, use the faders or pots as well and use with your DAW of choice. NS2 or BM3 come into mind because of their great sampling and macro control capabilities.
    Hey, a Groove Rider beat box controller would sure be fun too 😁

    Good point. I can live without pressure but velocity is an absolute must.

  • @supadom said:

    @rs2000 said:
    If you can live without velocity and pressure sensitivity then these arcade button drum pads are certainly nice to play.
    But why a dedicated app?
    Use an old USB or Bluetooth controller keyboard, connect the buttons to keyboard contacts, use the faders or pots as well and use with your DAW of choice. NS2 or BM3 come into mind because of their great sampling and macro control capabilities.
    Hey, a Groove Rider beat box controller would sure be fun too 😁

    Good point. I can live without pressure but velocity is an absolute must.

    You ain't talkin bout drums, are you? πŸ˜…

  • Yeah the app could be koala perfectly but since these are from kickstarter I suppose it's a must. Maybe the Rhythmo will work with other apps but maybe no other controller will work with Rhythmo... IDK...

    Anyways arcade buttons are a choice but I'm with you my friends... I like the project for the diy side (not too deep but almost a entry level) and I'm considering buying just a new launchpad mini mk3 (it hasn't velocity or pressure neither...) to run it with Launchpad app on iPhone, Zenbeats or Koala...

  • Does it have an audio in too? I could buy this and make a nice slim case for it

  • @alecsbuga said:
    Does it have an audio in too? I could buy this and make a nice slim case for it

    It seems not. The video says "use the mic input on your phone" so it's a bit bummer since iOS doesn't support 2 interfaces (or better said "iOS lets use 1 interface for input or ouput (could be different) at the same time)) so if you plug another audio interface (different to those usb mic plugs) it will override the Rhythmo one. Midi surface should keep working almost.

    Another option is the old iRig mic or similar...

Sign In or Register to comment.