Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yonac’s roxsyn audio demo.VIDEO DEMO ADDED.

edited July 2019 in Creations

Here is an audio demo for this new yonac app.
From beginning to 4’08 (i think),i mostly use lead sounds,then, i mix dry guitar sounds with pads.
The tracking is really good.I also appreciate it respects nuances ans dynamics.
You can bend easily.
All in all,it’s a good app.Really pleasing to play with it.
I’m not at all a synthesis guy,so i won’t talk to you about that here😉.
Some of you will be much,much better at this than me.
I hope this audio demo will help you a little bit.
Thanks!
Flo

Comments

• Thanks for posting @flo26 — this is very helpful.

It sounds a lot like the EH Microsynth, but maybe with better tracking.

• I must be fair,i’m not really into this guitar synth thing.i like my guitar to sound like...a guitar😉.
    But,this one works really well.
    Fun to play!
    Thanks!

• Yes this sounds much better than the Yonac demo video that was posted a couple of days ago, thanks 👍

• Amazing demo. As usual a really talented player is going to make any app sound incredible while my stupid fingers won't make it sound anything like this! Nonetheless this could be a super fun toy to add to my iPad guitar arsenal.

• I’m loving my new Blackhole reverb for my guitar, but it sounds like I’ll be able to get some even more impossibly awesome sounds with Roxsynth. Thank you @flo26 for the great demo. You sold it to me.

• “Why can't you make a living like the rest of the boys
    Instead of fillin' your head with all that synthesizer noise?"

Seriously, great stuff, and clear evidence of latent “synthesis guy“ tendencies lurking beneath that repressed fretting exterior.

• edited July 2019

Sounds great, especially when blended!!
    I wonder if this is useful for non guitarists?

• You (and the app) sound great.
    The official demo turned me off of this one, but you have certainly changed that.
    Come on Monday...

• Hmm wonder if you can set it 100% wet. I’d like to use my guitar as a controller.

• Thank you all!!

@Approach said:
    Hmm wonder if you can set it 100% wet. I’d like to use my guitar as a controller.

Yes you can.
    Flo

• @Approach

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

I suspect that under the hood, the "oscillators " are a combination of effects and filters guided by an envelope follower. So, even a completely wet signal will be derived from the guitar signal (not unlike Impaktor). That is why the latency and tracking would' be so good as the source is derived from the actual signal. At least that's my guess based on what it sounds like and the info they've released.

• Any MIDI out?

• No,i don’t think so.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Approach

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

I suspect that under the hood, the "oscillators " are a combination of effects and filters guided by an envelope follower. So, even a completely wet signal will be derived from the guitar signal (not unlike Impaktor). That is why the latency and tracking would' be so good as the source is derived from the actual signal. At least that's my guess based on what it sounds like and the info they've released.

I'm guessing we will know soon!

• @cuscolima said:
    Any MIDI out?

Their promo info indicates it isn't a midi converter.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Approach

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Certainly looks to be the case, and if so, this app will def fill a gap that we have on iOS to this point. Thanks for the audio sample, @flo26 !

• Here is a demo video so you can see the tracking is really good.
    Thanks!

• edited July 2019

Wow, this looks like exactly what I’ve been wanting for guitar! Hopefully works ok on my goofy pro... iTunes account balance charged up and ready to go! If there is a SPAWN button....

Thanks so much for the demos flo26!

• edited July 2019

@flo26 said:
    Here is a demo video so you can see the tracking is really good.
    Thanks!

Thanks for sharing Flo.

To me it sounds like a synth-like effect app aka fake guitar synth. My guess is that there’s no synthesis under the hood but simply carefully arranged bunch of effects to give a feel of a synth. I can hear Octaver there and a whole bunch of distortions, bit crush, filtering and ambient effects slapped on top to make it sound synth like epic.

This likely is why tracking is so good and is probably possible with tone stack given enough time.

It reminds me also a bit of this guy here

• @supadom said:

@flo26 said:
    Thanks!

Thanks for sharing Flo.

To me it sounds like a synth-like effect app aka fake guitar synth. My guess is that there’s no synthesis under the hood but simply carefully arranged bunch of effects to give a feel of a synth. I can hear Octaver there and a whole bunch of distortions, bit crush, filtering and ambient effects slapped on top to make it sound synth like epic.

This likely is why tracking is so good and is probably possible with tone stack given enough time.

It reminds me also a bit of this guy here

Yeah. Like I said, it sounds like the EH Microsynth (meaning the old analog one). While that’s not bad at all, it’s familiar territory for me. Flo’s playing is not the issue (no criticism at all, got talent), but I was actually hoping for something that sounded more synth like. And, possibly, I may be able to tweak it that way when it drops - we’ll see. As is, it sounds very much like a filtered and processed guitar sound.

• Agreed that it sounds more like effects than synthesis but @flo26 hasn't shown any of the arp feature shown in the demo video from Yonac. Perhaps that's the synthesis part of the app?

Regardless, if this effects/signal processing oriented app is AUv3 as appears in the video above, this is a good sign for Tonestack AUv3. Perhaps they'd like to monetize the work they've put into adapting their stack to be AUv3 ready?

• Great playing, the 'synth' itself sounds like absolute crap. Gimme that Tonestack AU instead

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Regardless, if this effects/signal processing oriented app is AUv3 as appears in the video above, this is a good sign for Tonestack AUv3. Perhaps they'd like to monetize the work they've put into adapting their stack to be AUv3 ready?

Yup, and I'll be buying it but not for the guitar. Parhaps for vocals?

• Quick question, I is an AUv3 effect isn’t it? I mean? How can I get the guitar into it other ways? Really excited for this.

Thanks for the teasers @flo26
    And nice PRS ;)

• @flo26 Thanks for the audio/visual demo of Roxsyn.. really love your phrasing from around 4:35 (video).. think I'll still end up getting the midi out IAP in Midi Guitar 2, but this will be a great addition to the guitar apps arsenal. :)
    @david_2017 I do believe it's a B-E-A-Utiful righty Ernie Ball Luke played Hendrix style.. upside down + strung lefty.. @flo26?

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks!
    https://youtu.be/kYvYvnX-

Thanks for the video! I liked the setting where it sounded like an organ with a Leslie going. I like that guitar too!

• Great demo! Looking forward for more demo videos!

• Jeez, I am really loving this app the way it works with the arpeggiator instead of as a pure effects app. Not sure I understand all the criticism, and in my fingers it works way better than any MIDI tracking apps.