Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DLNA or UPnP streaming into Audiobus?

Hi, is it likely to be possible to have a DLNA or UPnP app stream audio into Audiobus? I have almost no music on my iPAD (no space - too many apps :) so I use plugplayer to stream music from my NAS drive. I'd love to be able to stream music into a sampling app via Audiobus so I can grab loops and snippets without having to use iTunes to put the whole song onto my iPAD first.

Comments

• Try an app called 'Filebrowser' and use the 'open in' function to import your music into an app called 'Twisted Wave' and audio copy paste what parts you want from in there.

Works for me.

• This would be a good idea for an app that does that and can be used in the Audiobus input slot.

• +1 on a dlna app with ab please

• I have a similar question. I listen to my music library located on a NAS by streaming it to my iPad and playing it back through the app iPeng. I would like to be able to apply parametric equalization during audio playback to adjust for responses of various headphones. (I need the parametric capabilities for precise adjustments.)

I am wondering if Audiobus would make possible a scenario where this could be achieved using iPeng (or any Audiobus-enabled music playback app) and a parametric equalizer "effects" app? (I see there is already an Audiobus-enabled parametric equalizer: Remaster by Audioforge Labs.)

• @rtos: Remaster is built as super light-weight Audiobus effect on purpose as we believe your input and output apps are typically quite resource intensive. As such, Remaster works very well with all apps we have tried so far.
    Once iPeng or any other streaming audio player will be on Audiobus, Remaster can provide you with your need for an accurate and light-weight parametric equalizer.