Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

But beyond that, you feel completely sober through it all!

Would love to get your feedback. I've no musical training. Just having fun.
So, perhaps just, do you enjoy the experience? What did you enjoy most? Least?

Comments

• It's to all over the place for me but I can hear that you're on the right path for arranging songs, just less is more

• I quite liked it- I had a couple of listens. It seems to have retro spontaneous rehearsal room jam feel to it. I like the use of the vocal samples and parts of the arrangement. I would like to hear it with less off beat timing- even though it is probably an integral part of the artistry- but that’s just me. It seems to run smoothly but be disjointed at the same time. I would certainly have a listen to any other pieces you have done given the option.

• I like this, for 1:25 it feels like a complete piece. Agree less is more sometimes.

• Definitely. Have fun!

• I think it’s really cool. And for me it could actually be a lot longer. What might seem chaotic to more conventional tastes will be revealed as a grand design over six or seven minutes. You’re on to something.

• More is more too! I dig it. Keep going!

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

Oh no... running water sounds. Sorry, that's my problem.

EDITED.

• I like it. A longer piece would be useful, and I can imagine it evolving slowly to a nice crescendo. Nice concept, too.

• @McD said:
    Oh no... running water sounds. Sorry, that's my problem. If someone could explain why that's a trigger
    for me I'd appreciate it. It's supposed to connect you to nature but for me it's like "nails on a blackboard". I assume there's more after that beginning but I need to find something to fix listening to the first 10 seconds. I think it might be my lizard brain telling me there's a bear pissing on the tent...
    be on high adrenalin alert. I'm sure someone is using this subliminal idea in horror movies. I remember they mixed in the sound of bees into the Exorcist movie. A lot of horror movies like to use gloppy slushing noises like in John Carpenter's The Thing. Are there enough running water phobes for this to
    be a thing?

Nice track! Keep at at. Just label anything in future with "toilet sounds" for me. Thx.

(Is it possible this was put here by a Russian Troll to destroy liberal democracy? I know we did that to ourselves but Russian Trolls are still vigilant on the wall just 'cause they hate the cool kids for being too cool and looking down on their brutish ways. Are there any other Russian Trolls here? Is there a Russian Troll genre? Maybe this could start one.)

Anybody that asks for someone to label their future tracks as ‘toilet sounds’ needs to post up a track themselves to show the difference.

• edited July 2019

@McD said:
    Oh no... running water sounds. Sorry, that's my problem. If someone could explain why that's a trigger
    for me I'd appreciate it. It's supposed to connect you to nature but for me it's like "nails on a blackboard". I assume there's more after that beginning but I need to find something to fix listening to the first 10 seconds. I think it might be my lizard brain telling me there's a bear pissing on the tent...
    be on high adrenalin alert. I'm sure someone is using this subliminal idea in horror movies. I remember they mixed in the sound of bees into the Exorcist movie. A lot of horror movies like to use gloppy slushing noises like in John Carpenter's The Thing. Are there enough running water phobes for this to
    be a thing?

Nice track! Keep at at. Just label anything in future with "toilet sounds" for me. Thx.

(Is it possible this was put here by a Russian Troll to destroy liberal democracy? I know we did that to ourselves but Russian Trolls are still vigilant on the wall just 'cause they hate the cool kids for being too cool and looking down on their brutish ways. Are there any other Russian Trolls here? Is there a Russian Troll genre? Maybe this could start one.)

PM me if you want to be in my new Russian Troll band. You'd better do it fast though, I hear it's already gonna be listed as a genre choice in the next iTunes update. We gotta get an album out stat

• @robosardine said:
    Anybody that asks for someone to label their future tracks as ‘toilet sounds’ needs to post up a track themselves to show the difference.

Sorry. I just have this weird reaction to water sounds. It crossed a line when it appeared to be about this track when I actually listened for 10 seconds and had to stop. Using "toilet" to document my issue adds a whole additional layer of imagery. I deleted my comment.

I'll put myself in the penalty box for 10 days as penance. It will be hardest on me... I have little else to obsess on. I shall return on 8/8.

• edited July 2019

Wow, thanks to everyone for such thoughtful feedback. Also really cool to see the variation and diversity of opinions. Thanks everyone! :)

Even genuinely laughed out loud at 'Just label anything in future with "toilet sounds" for me. Thx.' =) No hard feelings, McD!