Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Lady App Trak: 8-Bit Is Lit (The Fizzy Edges Of The Difference)

edited July 2019 in Creations

Yes, the Lady App has gone 8-Bit this time out!

A song about the whole 8-Bit, Chiptune, SID music, etc. phenomenon, and a tribute to some of my favorite classic arcade games of yore.

As always, FREE to listen. And if you'd like to deposit a few quarters to help a poor starving Lady Chip-titune artist, any and all purchases are much needed and appreciated! :)

https://ladyapp-titude.bandcamp.com/track/8-bit-is-lit-the-fizzy-edges-of-the-difference

Comments

• Pretty cool and funky track. I'm wondering which app(s) you used. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Pretty cool and funky track. I'm wondering which app(s) you used. :)

Ha! Thanks, jwmmakerofmusic! Well, let's see... Really, the kickstart of the whole project was this old Casio RZ-1 (early 8-bit sampling drum machine), which I picked up at a yardsale. Then I used some Korg Gadget (Kingston), and a bunch of samples of retro games and such in Kontakt. A mixture of hardware, iOS, and Mac OS..

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Pretty cool and funky track. I'm wondering which app(s) you used. :)

Ha! Thanks, jwmmakerofmusic! Well, let's see... Really, the kickstart of the whole project was this old Casio RZ-1 (early 8-bit sampling drum machine), which I picked up at a yardsale. Then I used some Korg Gadget (Kingston), and a bunch of samples of retro games and such in Kontakt. A mixture of hardware, iOS, and Mac OS..

That's really cool. :) I dig that a lot.

• Sounds like “the way you make me feel” by MJackson

• A well executed bit of pop fun. That groove is infectious and the "Hate-Bit" voice audio helps give the wacky sounds extra context. It's a good day when you drop a new track on us. It makes me want to make something better... it passes with forum diversions. Yep. Passed already. Still hummin' that bass hook tho'.

• edited July 2019

@McD said:
    A well executed bit of pop fun. That groove is infectious and the "Hate-Bit" voice audio helps give the wacky sounds extra context. It's a good day when you drop a new track on us. It makes me want to make something better... it passes with forum diversions. Yep. Passed already. Still hummin' that bass hook tho'.

Hahahahaha!!! "Hate" Bit? What?

:D

• Hehe, indeed that's the best remix of MJ's "The way you make me feel" ever B)
    KORG should use this as the first factory demo in the Nintendo Switch Gadget version.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@McD said:
    A well executed bit of pop fun. That groove is infectious and the "Hate-Bit" voice audio helps give the wacky sounds extra context. It's a good day when you drop a new track on us. It makes me want to make something better... it passes with forum diversions. Yep. Passed already. Still hummin' that bass hook tho'.

The english accent adds a bit of "Aiche" to the start of Eight => H-8 bit. Listen to the audio and you'll hear it: "Hate-bit". I didn't think about the other potential meaning but that's cool too. I Hate-bit these trash sounds.

• edited July 2019

@MrSmileZ said:
    Sounds like “the way you make me feel” by MJackson

Yes it does I was trying to place the familiarity but yes that's it.
    The way you make me feel -Micheal Jackson

• Ha! smh + lmao!! These are some of the funniest comments I’ve ever heard!

Definitely had nothing Michael Jackson in mind, but OK.. that was a big hit with a shuffle beat ... and uses a blues scale ... and has prominent synth bass. Ya got me there.

And here, I was worried people would pick up on my actual (but entirely unconscious) influences (like maybe the Monkees or the Doors, or heaven forbid Steely Dan.. I get that all the time... What can I say, like Becker and Fagen, I also like jazz chords..)

Of course, all interpretations are wonderful and valid!

:D :s B)

• Someone else told me how she hated the sound of the C64 and wouldn’t let her kids play with it without headphones!

Another said it sounded like "Las Vegas"! (slot machines, I guess). I nearly spit out my Evian when I read that!

• Now I finally get what chip tune is all about. Awesome stuff. I think this may be my favourite of what I have heard from you :)

P.S. Huggy walked off mumbling something about selling his flares and getting some 80’s neon leg warmers :D

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Now I finally get what chip tune is all about. Awesome stuff. I think this may be my favourite of what I have heard from you :)

P.S. Huggy walked off mumbling something about selling his flares and getting some 80’s neon leg warmers :D

YES! Thx! Totally tubular, dude. Tubular like leg warmers... or tube socks.. or... Anyway, 80s nostalgia is officially fire, lit, turnt (however kids say today, did I say it convincingly? ) so it was fun to take a spin down the arcade memories of my bitcrushed first loves.

Last I heard, Huggy was spotted panhandling for quarters outside a Chuck E. Cheese.

• @McD said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@McD said:

The english accent adds a bit of "Aiche" to the start of Eight => H-8 bit. Listen to the audio and you'll hear it: "Hate-bit". I didn't think about the other potential meaning but that's cool too. I Hate-bit these trash sounds.

I tried, McD, but I can't seem to hear it that way. Maybe it's because I know what the actual sampled phrase was, which is: "Sorta, 8-Bit. You've got like that real kinda.."

But I love that you have your own weird interpretation. :D

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    officially fire, lit, turnt (however kids say today, did I say it convincingly? )

Haha I’ve no idea, I’ll have to ask my kids kids to find out :D

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

@Lady_App_titude said:

@McD said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@McD said:

I tried, McD, but I can't seem to hear it that way. Maybe it's because I know what the actual sampled phrase was, which is: "Sorta, 8-Bit. You've got like that real kinda.."

But I love that you have your own weird interpretation. :D

I’m sure it’s an accent thing. I’m a lifelong Californian like they speak on TV and in the movies.

I’d love to hear you say coffee for example My wife’s from Virginia and only has a few words that place her origin. Wash for example.

• Virginia? So “wash” is “warsh”?

• edited July 2019

But the UK.. So many different accents in an area smaller than California — the 3 guys sampled each have different regional accents, at least to my ear. I think the main “8-bit” voice (Mark) is the most RP.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

@Lady_App_titude said:
    But the UK.. So many different accents in an area smaller than California — the 3 guys sampled each have different regional accents, at least to my ear. I think the main “8-bit” voice (Mark) is the most RP.

I think you lived in the UK so probably Don’t hear eight without any variation that hits me as a leading H sound.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

iPhone sucks

• @McD said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

I think you lived in the UK so probably Don’t hear eight without any variation that hits me as a leading H sound.

I think it has more to do with the way the sample was trimmed. The word he says right before "eight" is "of". Probably a bit of residual aspiration from the "F" sound in "of" leftover at the loop point. But I'm still not opposed to finding a way to blame it all on the British. :D

• Oooh I love it! I’m old enough to remember the Atari VCS, C64 and 48K Spectrum (48K 🤣), so I’m really appreciating this.

Well done! A great and fun piece. Good example of the chip tune style.

Nice to know that Gadget got a look-in here with Kingston. Perfect for chip tunes!

• Excellent production as always.

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Oooh I love it! I’m old enough to remember the Atari VCS, C64 and 48K Spectrum (48K 🤣), so I’m really appreciating this.

Well done! A great and fun piece. Good example of the chip tune style.

Nice to know that Gadget got a look-in here with Kingston. Perfect for chip tunes!

Awesome, thanks so much! It was a fairly short period in the early 80s for me.. I was a fan of Speak and Spells long before they were hip, and I had a TI 994a, which had an excellent sound chip and voice synthesizer, and then there were a few arcade games. I used to love one called Wizards of Wor (which unfortunately, I wasn't able to work into the the tune.) . But it seemed to come and go so fast. Now it's incredible how much this retro craze is taking off and all the crazy stuff people are doing with C64s and hacking old games, etc. It's tempting to do more tunes in the genre.. But it was nice to at least take a stab at it once.

• @ALB said:
    Excellent production as always.

Thanks, ALB!