Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Depression Dissipates - Heavy on the Eventide with a little Darkwave feel

I got inspired by the tropical storm that was coming earlier this week that just sorta disappeared. Used all the Eventide effects. Rough and unmastered.

https://soundcloud.com/mike-wallace-209103564/depression-dissipates

Comments

• Love this. Good work.

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    Love this. Good work.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

• Hey @_mwallace This is a great tune. It would make a great movie soundtrack.

Apart from Eventide apps what other app/daw did you use?

• edited July 2019

@ecou said:
    Hey @_mwallace This is a great tune. It would make a great movie soundtrack.

Apart from Eventide apps what other app/daw did you use?

Awesome compliment! You’re too kind.

Here’s a list of all the apps and effects I used:

I loaded everything in AUM and routed to Seven Systems Xequence 2 for arrangement
    DRUMS - Positive Grid XDrummer (AudioDamage Channel Strip, Eventide UltraTap, Eventide Blackhole, FAC Bandit, Fabfilter Pro Q2)
    BASS - Gospel Musicians Bassalicious2 (DDMF No Limits, Eventide MicroPitch)
    E GUITAR - 4Pockets Chameleon (Klevgrand Reamp, Eventide UltraTap, Eventide MicroPitch)
    SYNTH - AudioKit Digital D1 (Eventide MicroPitch, Eventide Blackhole)
    PAD - 4Pockets Chameleon
    ELECTRIC GUITAR - Wizdom Music GeoShred (Neon Silicon CuSnP, Klevgrand ReAmp, Jens Guell JAX Stereo)
    THUNDER - VirSyn Audio Layer (Fabfilter Pro Q2, Eventide Blackhole) (I import the audio from a video I took during a thunderstorm)

Ran it all to a single mix bus in AUM and recorded into Audioshare.

EDIT: Gen 1 iPad Pro 12.9. CPU was struggling with the load.. had to reboot to keep it under 100% otherwise I was getting major crackles.

• Thank for all the details @_mwallace, I had no idea you could do so much without a Daw.

• No problem. Xequence 2 does a lot of what a DAW would. If I were planning to distribute my stuff for real I’d definitely record individual pipeline audio and drop them into Cubasis for further processing also do some mastering to get the final mix just right. But right now I’m just experimenting and doing this for my own entertainment for the most part.

• Good on you for finishing a tune and posting it. I been experimenting too but I don’t finish anything.

• @ecou said:
    Good on you for finishing a tune and posting it. I been experimenting too but I don’t finish anything.

I don’t finish anything either.. I just get to a point where I can live with it. It’s never really done. Some of the notes in that song bother me, and I think it could benefit from some more variety. Just post and maybe someone will comment and give you some ideas if you’re stuck on something.