Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumJam v1.2 feature list

So DrumJam v1.2 was just submitted for app review today, finally! Thought I'd tell you what's new (and what isn't)...

• Additional loops and instruments available for In-App Purchase.

• Electro Pack - Includes various electro kick, snare, hihat, and Wavedrum loops, plus six custom electronic and electro-acoustic kit instruments.
    • North Indian Pack - Dholak loops and pad instrument, Khartal loops and pad instrument, Tabla Tarang pad instrument, and Phakawaj loops.
    • Taiko Pack - Taiko loops: Chappa, Kane, Shime, and Okedo. Taiko Hira/Shime combo instrument.
    • Tamborines and Textures Pack - Dark and bright tambourines instruments, metallic and seeds texture instruments.
    • Tuned Percussion Pack - Various tuned percussion instruments: Garrahand, Mbira, Giant Mbira, metal and wooden Balafon, and Butone.
    • Cymbals Pack - Five various ride cymbal loop sets, along with a combination cymbal pad instrument.
  • BEDLAM chaotic pad instrument effects: randomized pitch, pan, glitch, and reverse as you play the pads.

• Inter-App-Audio support (IAA).

• Added control for the loop beat count, to alter the effective time signature (2 through 8 beats per loop).

• Added Drop Chance control that causes the auto-repeat to randomly drop hits when dragging on the pads.

• Additional user preset export options
  • Master limiter effect added
  • Loop pitch is now adjustable (all loops together)
  • MIDI clock sync improvements
  • Streamlined settings
  • AudioCopy v2 support
  • iOS7 optimizations

We'll be adding more downloadable content periodically, some of which will be free!

Video demos of the new features and sounds should show up here soon, hopefully before Apple approves it for release.
Special thanks to @boone51 and @obiwahnkentobi for testing some of this stuff out for us and giving valuable feedback!

And to mitigate potential disappointment, here are some items that are NOT in this version but have been highly requested in the past. These will be among the first things to get in the next version:

• User created kits (from built-in or imported samples) in the app. (In v1.2 new kits can actually be added, but they have to be created "by hand" on a computer).
  • Sequenced/MIDI recording and playback of solo pad kit performances. (for now you'll have to do that using a DAW)
  • Playback of recorded or imported audio loops. (our time-stretch architecture made this more complicated than it sounds)
  • Pattern/Song/Preset sequencing, in order to create a song from consecutive presets.

Comments

• Thanks for the info.

• edited March 2014

• Great idea, maybe in a demo video...?

Stoked for this!

• Looking forward to this

• Yay DrumJam BEDLAM! You are the Man!!! No disappointment here!

• how much for each soundset? because I want em ALL

• Can't wait!

Are most of these new kits multisample ie different samples across velocities?

• Yes, all the kits in/for DrumJam are velocity layered.

We'll be pricing each of the packs at the minimum price tier ($0.99, etc), at least at first.

(PS: we'll also be running a sale on the app, sshhhh ;)

• A sale on IAP's as well perhaps... Wink wink. A bundle price pack maybe.

• I can't even tell you how hard it's been to keep quiet on this one. It's a GREAT update. The new sync with AB into BM2 and Auria and Cubasis is awesome. IAA is a great addition for all of those as well. I'm surprised those packs are only going to be 99 cents. That's a steal. And bedlam....wow...good times ahead guys. Promise.

• edited March 2014

• BTW, any chance for a sale on ThumbJam, since it seems to be the perfect accompaniment to DrumJam?

• @badmaxton, perhaps after it gets its next update...

• @sonosaurus Cool, looking forward to that!

• Any plans in your future for modernizing the rhythm tracks to contain more modern beats ? pop,rock,hip hop trance ect.?

• edited March 2014

• Looking forward to the videos.

• Congrats Jesse - great news on the IAA implementation !

• @JamMaestro said:

Congrats Jesse - great news on the IAA implementation !

Yeah, this is big. Zero latency is a pretty awesome thing.

• @badmaxton said:

@sonosaurus Cool, looking forward to that!

I couldn't resist and bought TJ anyway, very expressive app!

• ThumbJam is the original heavyweight champion of iOS apps. It was one of the first music apps I ever installed, and it's never left any of my devices. I don't think you'll be upset with your purchase @badmxton.

Some cool tips here too;
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2610/was-thumbjam-made-by-god/p1

• @boone51 said:

I don't think you'll be upset with your purchase @badmaxton.

I haven't stopped using it since I bought it, so that's a good sign for sure!

Great, hadn't seen that thread, thanks!

• Sounds great - should it be expected in the next day or two? I need a new beat making app to inspire me and have been waiting for this update to come for a while now

• I wouldn't exactly describe it as a "beat making" app.

• @Zymos said:

I wouldn't exactly describe it as a "beat making" app.

Does it make beats?

• If you want to get all semantic....
    I think most people would think a "beat making" app is one where you program beats, more of an X0X type thing. DJ lets you arrange loops basically.

Which is why I love it. I'm crappy at making my own beats from scratch.

• @Halftone said:

Sounds great - should it be expected in the next day or two? I need a new beat making app to inspire me and have been waiting for this update to come for a while now

I think we're on day 4 right now in the approval process. I think it typically takes around 10-12 days for an app to make it all the way through, so I'd look for this update some time next week actually. And this app defintely "makes beats" but I can see where Zymos is coming from in his comments. It's more for arranging layered loops of drums and improvising fills etc with the pads as opposed to a "kick drum on the first beat, snare on the thid, etc".

• Yes,
    Thumbjam & Drumjam are on my alltime favs list!
    What it made you can really! play intuitiv with your moment or with other musicians.
    I just can repeat, thx @sonosaurus for these great open mind making instrument.