Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Movie Music

So I am watching this movie on Netflix...Dunkirk. Inspiring... and the music is beyond great. A mixture of classic heroic stuff and sounds and dreadful never ending klaxons that drill into your brain... and I am thinking... this is some new guy who is so on top of it. And finally at the end... that telltale ARP from Chariots of Fire... the ever evolving... Hans Zimmer. Watch Dunkirk and listen, if at all possible.

Comments

• @Steaders ... thanks! the Shepherd's tone and scale. An endlessly rising (or falling) crescendo. Never had heard of it, but makes a lot of sense. Music can be like magic. You get an effect, but there is something calculated behind it. What a master!

• Christopher Nolan made Hans Zimmer use this technique in the score and to use the Elgar Nimrod Theme which is like the UK's nationalistic musical theme like "Battle Hymn of the Republic" is for the USA. Nolan is a control freak with his "joints". (I hope I used that correctly for "artistic project").

• Some of the best music I love comes from the screen..... even a lot of these dang Netflix shows I binge have great tracks.

Fell asleep to Bladerunner 2049 soundtrack last night. 😁

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Steaders ... thanks! the Shepherd's tone and scale. An endlessly rising (or falling) crescendo. Never had heard of it, but makes a lot of sense. Music can be like magic. You get an effect, but there is something calculated behind it. What a master!

Vi Hart had this beautiful explanation of the Shepherds Tone on her YouTube channel. She is a genius...

• Yeah this is a remarkable thing, and not just the soundtrack musical score but the whole audio track of a movie became an entirely new experience when I started watching movies on iPad with good headphones. It certainly beats flat screen TVs and even some home theaters.
    Sometimes I’ll watch a movie with a friend and just be wishing I were watching it alone so I could listen on my Shure in-ear monitors 😂
    (Maybe this comment is completely off topic, so feel free to ignore if it isn’t really about iOS or iPad listening)

At any rate, I’ll definitely have another listen to Dunkirk :) thanks

• edited July 2019

@Hmtx said:
    Sometimes I’ll watch a movie with a friend and just be wishing I were watching it alone so I could listen on my Shure in-ear monitors 😂
    (Maybe this comment is completely off topic, so feel free to ignore if it isn’t really about iOS or iPad listening)

:lol:

I wish movies had an option for dialog only so you could try improvising your own soundtrack.

• @BroCoast said:

@Hmtx said:

:lol:

I wish movies had an option for dialog only so you could try improvising your own soundtrack.

My inspiration would never end