Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM and TouchViz Session

I jammed with aum and this track came out. The visuals were created in a small live session with TouchViz afterwards. Everything is done exclusively with the iPad. I'm glad to have taken it on vacation :) Hope you like it.

Comments

• Sounds good mate. What synths? What drum machine?

Just last night I dove into TouchViz for a little session. Very fun deep app. And the latest update enables Files.app access so it is finally super easy to get video clips into TouchViz. :smile:

• @Hmtx said:
    Sounds good mate. What synths? What drum machine?

Thanks, I'm glad you like the track. I used Lorentz, iSEM and Factory. For the beats Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM.

Just last night I dove into TouchViz for a little session. Very fun deep app. And the latest update enables Files.app access so it is finally super easy to get video clips into TouchViz. :smile:

Yeah I like TouchViz a lot. I use it at sessions with my band and trying to get deeper in controlling it with sequencers via Midi. That is a really cool feature.

• This sounded really cool, but when I searched for “Touchviz” in the App Store It wasn’t found. I DID find in with a Goog, thank goodness. I already had TouchOSC, and completing the bundle got me Touchviz on the cheap. For that price I can play. :)

• The external MIDI control seems solid, I had the Fx pulsing in sync controlled by Rozeta LFO.

• @motmeister said:
    This sounded really cool, but when I searched for “Touchviz” in the App Store It wasn’t found. I DID find in with a Goog, thank goodness. I already had TouchOSC, and completing the bundle got me Touchviz on the cheap. For that price I can play. :)

Cool, I didn’t know that there is a bundle.

• @Hmtx said:
    The external MIDI control seems solid, I had the Fx pulsing in sync controlled by Rozeta LFO.

I like this a lot. I use the Midi channels from my Octatrack to control FX and crossfades. But not in this video that were just my unsynchronized fingers ;)

• @Hmtx said:
    The external MIDI control seems solid, I had the Fx pulsing in sync controlled by Rozeta LFO.

Any idea how to pull this off @Hmtx ? I'm trying to figure out how the Midi operates on TouchViz...Thanks!

• @slupchips Sure, its not too hard. What is your MIDI source and how are you wanting to send it to TouchViz?

• edited January 20

@Hmtx I'd like to send midi from patterning 2 or rozeta sequencers within AUM --> Touchviz. I can't seem to figure out how these two play nicely together.

• I’m just trying to do something similar to @slupchips @Hmtx (anybody) - ie route AUM midi into touchviz but I can only see AUM as an output in the midi settings... would I need some sort of app that can spoof a CoreMIDI interface, is that even possible?

Tx

Chris

• Bumping this due to TouchViz discount and self-isolation.

Any help sending cc or note data from AUM would be appreciated.