Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Group the loop session

edited July 2019 in Creations

I did this using acoustic instruments and Group the loop.
Good thing about GTL is it’s workflow is very fast for recording loops.
Bad thing is lack of song mode which I think is comming with next update.
As you can see in the video I’m not only struggling with my son climbing on my back but also changing to the right group loop. I also wish there was an easier way to mix. GTL is still my favorite looper but I think stagelight’s clip launch mode is a contender for the best ios looper.
Hope you enjoy it. Thanks.

Comments

• Very good. Enjoyed the video and the song. You two seem to be a pair of well chilled out dudes together there ❄️ Happy days 😻

• Sounds great.

Is that a ukelele bass ??!?!! Suddenly I feel I need something I never knew existed. 😂

• You know that these are the best days of your life, right? :)

• @robosardine thanks a lot :smile:
    @Hmtx thank you. Yeah that’s ukulele bass. Someone on the forum told me that I need to buy a real bass, so I bought a ukulele bass.
    @JohnnyGoodyear yes I know and I’m greatful every day :smile:

• edited July 2019

@fattigman said:
    I did this using acoustic instruments and Group the loop.
    Good thing about GTL is it’s workflow is very fast for recording loops.
    Bad thing is lack of song mode which I think is comming with next update.
    As you can see in the video I’m not only struggling with my son climbing on my back but also changing to the right group loop. I also wish there was an easier way to mix. GTL is still my favorite looper but I think stagelight’s clip launch mode is a contender for the best ios looper.
    Hope you enjoy it. Thanks.

I hope you didn't figure it from my comments... what I said is

ATM Universal version is betatesting. After that @jmarshallgtl said he will look into AUv3 version and after that IDK but the editor/song recorder/whatever should be the next IMHO since as strategy/income seems logical (but I could be totally wrong)...

Said that... since song part launch is midi mappable Why don't try to link it to modstep or something like that... one of the amazing things in the Universal version (coming soon) is split view/portrait mode... I need to look into it and figure out.

Looking a bit into bindings the amazing addition of multiple actions with stepped triggering seems like follow actions (but even better) so with just one key/midi button you can trigger entire sequence...

Excuse me about the quality of video... just recorded as is because I think it could help a lot of people...

So there you have your dirty version sequencer meanwhile @jmarshallgtl implements something more efficient and elegant for the bottom playlist you were triggering :wink:

• @TheDubbyLabby thanks a lot. I misunderstood what you said, so song mode will be for future updates.

• @fattigman said:
    @TheDubbyLabby thanks a lot. I misunderstood what you said, so song mode will be for future updates.

Yup but don't lose the focus into what I brung... it works like even more flexible since you can re-arrange with few midi bindings from just go a>b>c to break the possible paths into infinite loops from song arranging side... Do you get me? Do you know about Ableton's follow actions?

This finding works as song arranger in trio+ but on stereoids!

Each time I find something like this implemented inside GTL I feel how amazing is @jmarshallgtl work... so huge!

• @fattigman. Nice video. Very well done .
    As far as a time line for rolling out new features I haven’t heard anything definitive.
    I’m with you that song mode is right at the top of the list of wants. I think it would put GTL over the top.
    @TheDubbyLabby has been lobbying hard for universal and AU versions for some time and it sounds like he is also beta testing. I like the AU idea but universal would have no use for me.

• @Ben said:
    @fattigman. Nice video. Very well done .
    As far as a time line for rolling out new features I haven’t heard anything definitive.
    I’m with you that song mode is right at the top of the list of wants. I think it would put GTL over the top.
    @TheDubbyLabby has been lobbying hard for universal and AU versions for some time and it sounds like he is also beta testing. I like the AU idea but universal would have no use for me.

Yeah I proposed some ideas some time ago and AUv3 being not my cup of tea alongside iPhone version... were my bet since I’m just another user and I envisioned IAA being deprecated also long ago (sometimes I catch the wave) and it solves lots of problems for AUM/AB3 like users. The iPhone version get some new interest after iPhoneX release and iPad mini long time without updates (before mini5) so all the screen mesh made me think it will a good idea share my thoughts to help Jack and other users. Split view and portrait mode made it a new workflow, don’t judge the potential until try it, believe me... it’s not the AU yet but I think it will be a middle step very useful and it will bring more users too. I find it logical and using it on large screen iPhones (I get a 6 gen) makes it also wonderful.

So I’m excited about this release and even more with the follow actions-like midi/key bindings functions. I think these are available in the actual version so figure it are great news too until true song mode arrives and these aren’t opposite more than complementary...

I invite everybody to join the official forum and make suggestions, constructive criticism and feelings. @jmarshallgtl has been very receptive and smart applying all the suggestions.
    I trust completely on his skills and implementation roadmap since to the moment he has surprise me fitting my needs but also with useful features I couldn’t advance and that talks a lot about his creativity, active listening and synthesize user needs.

• @TheDubbyLabby. I wasn’t making criticism, constructive or otherwise. Just observation.
    I’ve provided several suggestions over at the GTL forum and will continue to do so.
    You’ve repeatedly made it clear that you wanted the iPhone version. Just pointing that out.

• @TheDubbyLabby I think I know what you mean with follow actions feature even if I’ve never used Ableton.
    @Ben thanks for your comment. Yeah I’m aware that song mode is not confirmed to be on next update, it was a misunderstanding from my side.

• Nice chilled song. I enjoyed it @fattigman :smiley:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Nice chilled song. I enjoyed it @fattigman :smiley:

Yup I didn't mention it but good music as usual, mate. <3

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

Yup I didn't mention it but good music as usual, mate. <3

Thank you @TheDubbyLabby :smile: