Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ioniarics by Abigail Macfarlane (Pagefall)

Comments

• Storing notes - it's an arpeggiator - so traditionally they don't store notes with the preset. So I went with that - I'm happy for it to store notes- perhaps in toggle mode only or something - but what are people's thoughts? since it's a change to what people might expect?

preset saving bug - there is an elusive issue with saving presets that normally goes away before anyone can get any information and I've not been able to reproduce it! I'll have another look - I'd like to track it down and fix it

• @audiblevideo said:
    @MrBlaschke you could try using an app like ChordpadPoly to store your notes and feed them into Ionairics.

I have my way around - but its not ideal, it feels "dirty". I have an "Initializer" script in Mozaic or an ATOM instance only for feeding the init-notes at start. Thanks :D

@pagefall said:
    Storing notes - it's an arpeggiator - so traditionally they don't store notes with the preset. So I went with that - I'm happy for it to store notes- perhaps in toggle mode only or something - but what are people's thoughts? since it's a change to what people might expect?

Yeah, i know. But i see its use (It = Arpeggiator/Ioniarics) not only in "Live" usage. So.. as written above - i have my ways around but would love to be able to store notes inside a preset. In Toggle-Mode only would be perfectly fine with me. Glad you understand :)

• edited September 2019

What happen? Bought app, and it not show up in any other. Tested with AUM, aPeMatrix, Auria Pro, AudioBus 3 and Cubasis. Tried rebooting iPad. App say installed, but useless. :'( ‘This with iPad Pro 2017 model and latest IOS 12.4.1.

• @UnoWoo said:
    What happen? Bought app, and it not show up in any other. Tested with AUM, aPeMatrix, Auria Pro and Cubasis. Tried rebooting iPad. App say installed, but useless.

Do you need to launch the app as a "stand alone" app before trying to use it as an AU?

• @Simon said:
    Do you need to launch the app as a "stand alone" app before trying to use it as an AU?

Not have stand-alone mode. Tap to launch, say app installed to use as AU.

• I don’t have it, but if it’s like Autony, it’ll be an AUv3 instrument not a midi effect.

• @Carnbot said:
    I don’t have it, but if it’s like Autony, it’ll be an AUv3 instrument not a midi effect.

Autony show up. Also Cality. Still not Ionarics. :'(

• edited September 2019

@UnoWoo said:

@Carnbot said:
    I don’t have it, but if it’s like Autony, it’ll be an AUv3 instrument not a midi effect.

Did you try a hard reboot of you ipad?

• @UnoWoo said:

Delete it from your iPad and download it again.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@UnoWoo said:

@Carnbot said:

Did you try a hard reboot of you ipad?

Yes. App say installed. Just not visible as anything, under anything!

• edited September 2019

@Simon said:

@UnoWoo said:

Delete it from your iPad and download it again.

Also try this. No good. :'( App invisible. Also, app support page rubbish. Just advert for Autony.

• @UnoWoo said:
    Also try this. No good. :'( App invisible.

Might be time to contact the developer for support...

• @Simon said:

@UnoWoo said:
    Also try this. No good. :'( App invisible.

Might be time to contact the developer for support...

‘This big problem. As said above, support page just advert. No way to contact from there. So trying Pagefall member here.

• @UnoWoo said:
    ‘This big problem. As said above, support page just advert. No way to contact from there. So trying Pagefall member here.

Yes.

You could also try Twitter:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/pagefall1

• edited September 2019

@Simon said:
    Yes.

Uno Woo not on Twitter. Thanks anyway. Will wait to see if response here.

EDIT - Second reboot, and app finally turn up as Midi in AUM.

• @UnoWoo said:

@Simon said:
    Yes.

Uno Woo not on Twitter. Thanks anyway. Will wait to see if response here.

EDIT - Second reboot, and app finally turn up as Midi in AUM.

You have a very pithy approach. Twitter might be perfect for you!

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Twitter not for me, @JohnnyGoodyear. Not friendly people. Uno prefer here. :)

• @UnoWoo said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Twitter not for me, @JohnnyGoodyear. Not friendly people. Uno prefer here. :)

Hihi well glad you got it working 👍

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Hihi well glad you got it working 👍

Happy to see kind thought, @[Deleted User].

BTW, for anyone else who have issue with Ionarics app, also noticed that app did not show up in AUM list of Midi Processors, until search made.

• @pagefall I notice that the ioniarics plugin's name in AU lists is loniarics (with lowercase L).

• This is my new favorite app, and I’ve only played it once and barely understand half of it. For me it’s right up there with Fugue Machine for controlled/not-random generative MIDI. Instant classic in my book.

But occasionally I want to make it play a “double-time” passage. I want more note density, I suppose. Momentarily. Any idea how to do that?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

But occasionally I want to make it play a “double-time” passage. I want more note density, I suppose. Momentarily. Any idea how to do that?

I’ve solved this. If you want to make a fill—a denser pattern of notes—simply reduce the number of steps.

Next question: Did the separate A and B outputs ever get implemented? Because that would be a killer feature.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr really? I love Autony and Cality but on the review video I watched I didn’t hear a lot of great results so I held off? Your Fugue comparison is making me reconsider...

• I love the idea of these apps, but I, too, haven't heard anything particularly musical, where as Fugue Machine is almost infallible.

• This was WAY harder to get rolling like you want at first. Autony was cash money easy from the start. This one wigged me out and was like what the bleep is even going on. Later I really mucked around and saw that tiny graphic (bigger please!_) is an actually note representation in color too! Trip hard and pretend like your on imaginary drugs that you invented in your mind. Just playing I love yawl peace.
    Side note: I like how small the cpu is with these and the eventual ease of use. I like fugue machine and friggin POLYPHASE the underdog.

• I like it because I get to choose the notes myself; I don't need an algorithm for that. I like the polyrhythmic arpeggios that result, and the way it reacts to me entering new notes. Not all settings are sweet spots--you have to tinker with the rhythm settings, and then figure out what kind of keyboard playing works best with that setting. In other words, it's more like an instrument you have to master, but that you can interact with once you have mastered it.

Perhaps I over-ranked it by comparing it to FM. AFAIK it only has one midi output. If he splits the A and B arpeggios into two different MIDI outputs as promised above, it would better compare to FM.

• No worries. I still might grab at some point.... thanks for letting me know, regardless of comparisons, it’s a good app.

• @pagefall any chance of getting an update that will allow this to save state with stored notes? It seemed from earlier in this post like you were considering this, but still hasn't been implemented it seems. Would be very easy to do and at least give people the option. This is not a typical arpeggiator, it would definitely benefit from this function.

• I’ve pushed an update that saved notes if play mode is toggle or hold.

• Thanks! And oh, @pagefall could you also explain the rise and fall function please? The west coast style bit of the app? Didn't find it worked as expected, think there was some discussion about it before here and a few ppl agreed it didn't seem to act as you described it in the youtube demo u did.