Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ioniarics by Abigail Macfarlane (Pagefall)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • things on my apps next week - I'll do an update day! :-)

Is there any chance you could make it send to two separate MIDI ports? It’d make experimenting with different instruments in AUM’s routing matrix way easier.

I don’t think AU’s get access to more than one port

• @pagefall said:

The ability to send the two rhythms two different channels would really make this a unique polyrhythmic device. I can set up such a thing using my squarp pyramid, or two instances of SPA, but both methods require quite a lot of fiddling to get there.
    To quickly dial it in on one Auv3, and with snapshots to boot, that would be very fun! I hope you'll consider adding the option for dual channels :)

I can certainly add it in easily enough - the code is already there! just needs an option switch. Lookout for updates for all these little things on my apps next week - I'll do an update day! :-)

+1 for adding back in

• @pagefall said:

things on my apps next week - I'll do an update day! :-)

Is there any chance you could make it send to two separate MIDI ports? It’d make experimenting with different instruments in AUM’s routing matrix way easier.

Ah I may be using the wrong term; I mean exposing two ports, like Fugue Machine does. I’ll post a screenshot when I can if that helps.

• @jipumarino said:

@pagefall said:

things on my apps next week - I'll do an update day! :-)

Ah I may be using the wrong term; I mean exposing two ports, like Fugue Machine does. I’ll post a screenshot when I can if that helps.

Guess you mean each „ring“ to a different channel in one target. Like outer ring to AUM Ch1 and inner ring to AUM Ch2 - or something.

• But you can also just route from the same source AU to two different AU destinations, and use the AUM channel filtering set to 1 and 2. Assuming that you get different channels in the output, that is (either from Mozaic, Polythemus, or a change to the source app).

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bleep said:
    But you can also just route from the same source AU to two different AU destinations, and use the AUM channel filtering set to 1 and 2. Assuming that you get different channels in the output, that is (either from Mozaic, Polythemus, or a change to the source app).

Yep, I’m aware, this would only make it a bit easier to route and see.

• Ah I may be using the wrong term; I mean exposing two ports, like Fugue Machine does. I’ll post a screenshot when I can if that helps.

If fugue machine can do it can’t see why my software couldn’t. I’ve got fugue machine so I can have a look

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2019

@EyeOhEss

You can easily setup up to 16 different channel to channel routing matrixes with the Midi Matrix Switch script - and then automate which setup is active.

For your ‚rotate channels of Fugue Maschine output‘ idea, you only need 4 of the 16 channels and 4 of the 16 setups:

• First: Default
    • Second: 1->2, 2->3, 3->4, 4->1
    • Third: 1->3, 2->4, 3->1, 4->2
    • Forth: 1->4, 2->1, 3->2, 4->3

Route all 4 midi channels of Fugue Maschine into the script and then the script to the four destinations applying a channel filter for a single channel on each.

The active setup can be selected by pad, by AU parameter, midi CC or note on a configurable channel.

BTW: For 4 fugue outputs there are 4! = 24 possible routing combinations, with the script you could therefore add some of the most interesting sounding ones to use all 16 setups.

@pagefall Thanks a lot for the nice Ioniarics plugin, with its UI it‘s easy to dial in interesting rhythmic arp pattern.
    I look forward to the announced update of the Autony and Cality and recheck their ability to save the cloud/output channels and update the midi au output wiki page :)

• @pagefall any chance “Abigail” might offer an app bundle of all 3 apps? :)

• @skiphunt said:
    @pagefall any chance “Abigail” might offer an app bundle of all 3 apps? :)

Well, they better do it if when a 4th app drops ;)

• @skiphunt said:

hmm dunno on that one yet - need to get the next one out first ;-)

• @pagefall said:

@skiphunt said:

hmm dunno on that one yet - need to get the next one out first ;-)

Groovy. Remember me for the TestFlight on the next one ;)

• Groovy. Remember me for the TestFlight on the next one ;)

yeah - I've organised myself a bit better now......

• @pagefall said:

No worries. I just think your apps inspire creativity in a unique way. Fun to see them evolve.

• edited July 2019

Here is a little track I made with the following process :

• Fugue Machine play the guitar (Pure synth)
    • 4 instances of ioniarics are fed by Fugue Machine (playhead 1-4) and play the piano
    • Some Geoshred to make it nice
    • Soft drummer
    • Eventide (of course)
    • All in Pro-L2

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @pagefall said:

Me too.
    I missed out on beta testing this one, even though I beta tested the previous app.
    But I am having a blast now.

• @cuscolima - liking that a lot! got a great feel to it

• Me too.
    I missed out on beta testing this one, even though I beta tested the previous app.
    But I am having a blast now.

You are all on an actual single list in the same place now so hopefully will go better next time

• Just picked this up!

• Pushing fugue machine into it then out to a synth

• Two days deep with this and deff having a good time with it! Might drop a video soon

• @reasOne said:
    Two days deep with this and deff having a good time with it! Might drop a video soon

I would watch that.

• @CracklePot said:

@reasOne said:
    Two days deep with this and deff having a good time with it! Might drop a video soon

I would watch that.

Twice.

• edited July 2019

Ah mah gerd!

Ioniarics (so many syllables that twist the tongue) is the best thing since sliced bread, especially for making funky base lines. I could never get those shorter little riffs with any other midi generator till now.

Blessings and $ be upon ye @pagefall

• @reasOne said:
    Pushing fugue machine into it

oooh ya - gotta try this

• @pagefall
    I always wonder why my notes are gone after a reload of a scene where i use Ioniarics.
    Is it a bug that notes in "held" mode are not saved with a session inside of AUM or a user-saved preset or is that intended?
    If it is intended - can that be changed? Re-feeding the same notes every time for a project gets really nasty after a few times.
    Thanks for any info on this.

• @MrBlaschke you could try using an app like ChordpadPoly to store your notes and feed them into Ionairics.

@pagefall The pads to the right don’t store notes in between sessions. Nor does “saving” a preset which crashes the app.